[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>7 years later >No one talks about it anymore What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: avatar.jpg (143 KB, 1016x1500) Image search: [Google]
143 KB, 1016x1500
>7 years later
>No one talks about it anymore

What went wrong?
>>
>>64371719

Abatap died.
>>
>>64371719
>no one talks about it anymore
>makes a thread talking about it
>>
>>64371719

Too much fucking CGI made it look like a video game. Don't get me wrong, I like games, but I don't want to pay to see them in a movie theater. I like to see movies there.

Also the fucken furry shit...
>>
Cameron fags killed themselves once they realized based Force Awakens was about to shit on their precious record.
>>
>>64371719
As pinted out, you're talking about it. As for your other question, it was a bland, boring film that really had nothing special about it. The only thing that people were talking about when it came out was how good it was.

They never said anything about the amazing story, or the wonderful dialogue, no, they just talked about the amazing 3d effects. And that just doesn't last.
>>
File: 1450656398902.png (155 KB, 288x405) Image search: [Google]
1450656398902.png
155 KB, 288x405
>>64372146
>>
>>64372151
"How good it was looking." Forgot to put in a word. God I'm an idiot.
>>
>>64371719
Story was weak as hell and it relied on special effects just as much as Attack of the Clones.

Still blows my mind it made as much as it did.
>>
File: 1449876960935.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449876960935.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
ITT: mad underage redditor who have not seen this shit in 3D cinema

Sorry pals, you'll never "get" this film.
>>
>>64371719
I saw it 3D. It was just beautiful to look at.
>>
>>64372380
It's certainly supposed to be a cinematic visual spectacle thing, but millennials will never understand that as they watch TFA camrips in their smartphones.
>>
>post yfw TFA doesn't even scratch Avatar's highest grossing movie of all time record
>>
File: garth.jpg (10 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
garth.jpg
10 KB, 197x256
>>64372998
>>
I will never, ever, ever understand the hate this movie get. Is it because it made a shitton of money so people think its popular therefore deserving hate?

It was a decent sci-fi flick (with actual sci-fi, not space fantasy like ST or SW). Back to the basics action scenes, characters, villains and plot lines. It plays it safe with its whole story, but the world created is just fucking gorgeous. That jungle neon lighting was amazing, hopefully he will revisit it on the sequel.

I just can't find anything to hate.
>>
>>64373244

>actual sci-fi not space fantasy

>MUH MUTHER TREE

>MUH NATUR DEFEATS EVIL MEN

>MUH SOUL CONNECTING TENDRILS

JUST
>>
>7 years ago

Six, you braindead faggot. It's been 2016 for one day, and the movie came out at the very end of 2009. Fucking hate it when you kids exaggerate this shit.
>>
>>64372103
Unlike star wars tfa right? At least we didnt have a fish head pretending to be alive!

>>
Try to remember the name of two characters from this movie

Try to remember two lines from this movie
>>
Almost 10 years and no one can contend its cgi!

Was hoping some epic cgi films would have come and raised the bar, star wars missed its chance now, going all retro was a big mistake
>>
>>64373244
> but the world created is just fucking gorgeous

Honestly, it was generic sci fi/fantasy planet #4835839 for anyone familiar with the genre. I could see why people would jizz their pants over floating islands and iridescent plants if it was their first time though. I don't know any actual sci fi fans that loved it.
>>
>>64373676
Jake Sully
Neytiri

How does it feel to betray your race?
You are stupid like A BAYBEE

saw it a month ago, terrible flick btw
>>
>>64373759
most of us saw it once 7 years ago and forgot everything about it except it was pocahontas like

you show a picture of "neytiri" and "jake sully" to random people, I would say 1 out of a 100 would guess them right but you show them a picture of Jack and Rose from Titanic, I'd say more like half would be able to guess their names
>>
>>64373676
Jake sully
Neytiri
Quaritch
Tsu'te

"Haven't gotten lost in the woods have you"

"You will never be one of the people"

"Outstanding" - my personal favourite as a nod to Hicks in Aliens

"Dont play with that you'll go blind"

Film was amazing fuck off back reddit
>>
>4D effects! Smell and feel the story!
That's why it was a hit
>>
File: 1450428351006.png (312 KB, 483x433) Image search: [Google]
1450428351006.png
312 KB, 483x433
>>64373244
>actual sci-fi
>>
>>64373244
Don't try to make any sense of it. Those are the people that slam Avatar for being "Pocahontas in space" (It does borrow a flew plot points, but nothing more) and simultanously praise TFA's refreshing tone.

Also, like you said, the world is incredible, I've never felt anything like that before or ever again. Can't wait for the sequels to take me away again.

>“We have design more or less finished, which is an enormous task. It’s been about a two-year task. [We’ve finished] all the creatures and the landscapes, and the new worlds within the world of Pandora that you see. The writing is ongoing, but almost finished. Technical development is done. Stages are done. Infrastructure. So we’re really poised to start after the first of the year.”

https://twitter.com/zoesaldana/status/681708068313366528
>>
>>64373487
well, you're probably going to do the same shitposting everyday, so what's the difference from the last day of 2k17-1
>>
The generation nowadays is too distracted to talk about and obsess over a movie unlike the previous one that overrated litteraly everything. Gave Star Wars a chance and it was actually shit I don't see why nerds keep talking about it and why it was such a hit, nothing special about it. Besides nowadays you see a movie and u praise it that's the end of it, it's not the 80s and 90s where you shoved ur opinion about a movie down everyone's throat
>>
>>64373900

I had niggers in the theater with me so I could definitely smell the sweaty savage tribesmen and feel the rhythmic hooting and whooping.
>>
>>64371740

I remember that guy. Him and the one who deeply loved Joseph gordon-levitt.. in a brotherly way.

/tv/ used to be a much stranger place.
>>
>>64373487
got him bro got him you're right it has been one day of the new year totally owned rekt
>>
>>64371719
There's no reason to remember it at all except for the cool villain and the attention to detail that went into creating their world and you can only talk about that so much. Everything else is completely forgettable.
>>
File: crymore.jpg (409 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
crymore.jpg
409 KB, 675x1000
>>64371740
I visited his grave a few years back. It's a little mound near the shitty town in Dagestan where his column was ambushed. I placed a picture of Moot on it in tribute.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.