[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So they just rewrote the death star? But bigger? That seems like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 790x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 790x586
So they just rewrote the death star? But bigger? That seems like lazy writing to me
>>
But they can pretty much destroy a system in 1 go.
>>
>>64371046
Why is that even necessary
>>
File: DeathStar2.jpg (183 KB, 758x758) Image search: [Google]
DeathStar2.jpg
183 KB, 758x758
So they just rewrote the death star? But skinnier? That seems like lazy writing to me
>>
>>64371077
Because you can kill multiple "rebel" planets with one load.
>>
When they were doing the whole "This is the Death Star, and this is the Starkiller" bit, I was expecting everyone to grab their shirt collars and gulp like they do in the Simpsons.
>>
>>64371263
Cool, and after all the "rebel" planets are dead?
>>
>>64371357
Mongolians. Genghis Khan.
>>
>>64371263

Pretty much every Star Wars planet is the only planet of importance in its system though. You ever hear about courascant II or Alderaan II?
>>
>>64371148
That unfinished-look is cool as fuck though. The Starkiller base was just boring design,
>>
>>64370989
What did you expect? Disney owns the franchise now. All originality went out the window when they took over.
>>
>>64371148
Well in all fairness it's a giant trap. The Emperor built it again because it's brutal and because he knew the rebellion and Luke couldn't ignore it.
>>
Why was starkiller base even shown to be bigger than the Death Star. The size of it doesn't matter, just what it's capable of
>>
>>64371439
I agree, it makes it look like some sort of haunted abandoned spacecraft

I did like the whole terraforming aspect of the Starkiller Base and wish they had kept it around for the next movie (but without that stupid cannon).
>>
>>64371511
You didn't get that this was the entire joke when they presented it to the rogue squadron ?

"It's bigger" "Who cares, how do we blow it up ?"
>>
File: 1450825252989.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450825252989.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
>>64371456
IT'S STAR WARS THOUGH. The only reason one would buy Star Wars is because you can just slap the name on a piece of shit and it'll automatically make 500 million. Why were they so scared to take a chance?
>>
>>64371511
>The size of it doesn't matter, just what it's capable of

is that what your non-existent girlfriend told you?
>>
>You mean the First Order has built another Death Star?
>No. This is ten times the size of a Death Star.
>A holographic projection compares the Death Star and the Starkiller side-by-side

People who liked this movie should be sterilized.
>>
>>64371609
No, your mom.
>>
Also how did they build it? The Death Star looked tiny compared to it, and it was the pirmary weapon of the fucking empire. Have they jumped the shark? What can the first order being next, super star killer base?
>>
>Death Star blows up Alderaan
>people in the movie get upset, audience feels the impact

>Starkiller blows up a system
>nobody gives a shit

Bravo
>>
>>64371586
Because its DISNEY and the rest of the films will be unoriginal,safe, rehashes too.
>>
>>64371431
Namek 2 was in an entirely different system. What's your point?
>>
Who keeps funding this shit? I know amerifats spend a lot of tax dollars on their military but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>64371431
Corellia tho
>>
>>64371648

>Star Wars Episode VIII
>The First Order has built a new superweapon! It's called Galaxykiller System
>So, what, they just built another Death Star again?
>No, you idiot, they built another one of those Starkiller bases.
>If only either were the case, gentlemen. This was the Death Star: *hologram of Death Star appears* This was Starkiller Base: *hologram of Starkiller Base dwarfs Death Star hologram* And THIS is Galaxykiller System: *hologram of entire solar system dwarfs Starkiller Base*
>>
>>64370989
The whole script was shit.
>>
>>64371780
Personally I felt like seeing all the citizens get kill was more effective than Leia screaming about Alderaan, but it was pretty fucking dumb how nobody really brings up the level of tragedy of a whole system being destroyed beyond the government being dead.
>>
so they just rewrote the hidden fortress? but in space?
>>
>>64371929
If they stick to copying the OT that will only appear in episode IX
>>
>>64371772
They built it into a planet, instead of constructing a space station.
>>
>>64370989
Why?
>>
>>64372000

It would actually be in Episode X, I think. Episode IX will have to be Starkiller Base 2: Unfinished Edition.
>>
>>64371148
You know what always bugged me?

It took what, 20 years? More? To build the first death star. They started construction at the end of Episode 3 and that was a good 20 years before episode 4.

Now we have the Deathstar 2, and that thing is more than 50% done after only a year, AND it's twice the size of the original. AND it's fully operational. The fuck, man?
>>
>>64372226
maybe they were building a second one already before the first one was destroyed.
>>
>>64372226

Years pass between each of the movies. If the Empire started construction on Death Star 2 immediately it would make sense for it to be half-finished at about 10 years, and they would have prioritized its weapons to prepare for Rebel attack.

Or maybe the Empire made a second Death Star before the first was blown up as a backup plan. But probably more likely the first thing I said.
>>
>>64372329
maybe it was already made and sheev just forgot.
>>
>>64372388
There's about 3 years between the 2 movies so I'd go with the second option
>>
>>64371586
Why her crotch so wet?
>>
>>64372461
Who actually believes Rey always found scrap to sell, every single day?
My theory is that while Rey is a good scavenger, there were many weeks where she found nothing or too little that is salvageable at all.

In those weeks she was almost starving. Her body is already burning a lot of calories because of where she lives and what she does all day, so she really needs these little rations.

The implications here, of course, are that from time to time Rey saw no other option than to sell herself to some alien scum at Niima station. Yeah it wasn't always sex, most of the time it was probably enough to give a quick handjob or blowjob to someone so they'd give her half a ration and she'd survive for bit longer until she found some crap to sell, but still.. she found the whole experience extremely degrading and she hated it. It wasn't uncommon for her to have a tear running down her cheek while she had a fat alien cock stuck in her throat.
>>
>>64371263
What's the point of wanting to rule the galaxy if your blowing up planets?
>>
>>64372622
The next system will devout their lives to you. >>64371409
>>
File: Unicron.jpg (76 KB, 628x352) Image search: [Google]
Unicron.jpg
76 KB, 628x352
>>64371439
I thought it was unicron the second they showed it.
>>
>>64372622
>take over galaxy
>blow it up
>you win game over
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.