[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this movie? Debating between seeing this and Hateful 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: big-short.jpg (24 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
big-short.jpg
24 KB, 446x299
How is this movie? Debating between seeing this and Hateful 8
>>
>>64368056
dysfunctional, all over the place, trying to imitate Scorsese too much, pitts most forgettable role in his entire career
>>
>>64368056
A really interesting dramedy about the housing crisis, and how some people profited off of stupidity

Also, Margot Robbie in a bathtub explaining finance.
>>
if you mean paying to watch hateful 8
do anything but that
>>
>>64368056
It was decent but I wouldn't pay to watch it. Brad Pitt pulls a 12 Years a Slave and portrays the one guy who is totally 100% honorable throughout the whole deal. I liked Christian Bale and think it's his best work in years. Steve Carrell was okay too, especially because he was intentionally a cunt. Gosling was alright if you're into the Dicaprio impersonation. Overall I liked it but Wolf of Wall Street is far, far superior.

>>64368109
That device was cute and I wish they just had Margot doing that the whole movie rather than fat Selena Gomez and Anthony Bourdain.
>>
>>64368056
just watch Reservoir Dogs instead
>>
>>64368449
Seen it.
>>64368204
Can you give a critique like these anons did >>64368230
>>64368109
>>64368098
>>
entertaining

Much better than Wolf at tackling bigger issues while Wolf was more an examination of someone getting wealthy and greedy and then falling, Big Short was just a TL:DR glib version of what happened.
>>
>>64368230
how was Carell a cunt in this movie, he was the most morally grounded out of them all.
>>
>>64368522
Wolf was better because it portrayed that given financial crisis as people who took advantage of greed rather than people who took advantage of stupidity. The Big Short goes out of its way to demonize the bankers and that's fine but at least Wolf demonized the "victims" as well. It also had more entertaining and memorable scenes but that's another matter.
>>
>>64368571
This.
>>
>>64368571
In his first scene he bursts into a group therapy session late and hijacks it with his cunty problems. Come on.
>>
better than hateful 8
>>
>>64368522
I don't see them in the same league, really.

While they're both narrative tales of finance and greed, The guys in Big Short are the underdogs while Belfort is the big banks guy.
>>
>>64368757
Wolf wasn't really about wall street in general, more about one man's rise to power. Wolf was more about the sale than the system, Belfort was about peddling shitty stocks to investors while Big Short was more about trying to explain in a simplistic manner the way in which greed and fraud created the mortgage .

One is more a character study and the other is a critique on the system.
>>
>>64368571
He was a cunt, a morally righteous hypocritical one who made millions betting against the American economy.

Brad Pitt and Christian Bale were the well grounded ones.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.