[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Patrician Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 440x600
Alright /tv/ I just finished Winter Sleep, and while I did think the dialog was exceptional and the plot was unique, I didnt immediately get that "loved it" feeling that comes with movies that are 8/10+

I think I have to watch it again to better assess my opinion but holy shit is it ever long. Granted it feels like 2 hours and not 3 1/2 but still.

Also the cinematography was probably best of 2014.

What patrician movies have YOU watched lately?
>>
watched once upon a time in anatolia and thought it was just okay. the bleakness and visuals were good, but it went on too long
>>
I want a Turkish wife ;_;
>>
>>64365464
She looked like a sexier version of Ray's wife from Everybody Loves Raymond.
>>
>>64365598
They were all such lovable idiots.
>>
>try to discuss foreign art films
>4 replies

>contrarian thread hitting triple digits
>>
>>64366312
/tv/ is pretty entry level
Sometimes we get some patrician threads but since /tpc/ died i'm seeing them less and less
>>
>>64366498
I think you mean "fewer and fewer"

I saw Winter Sleep and liked it a lot. The only other Ceylan film that I've seen is Climates, and I thought it was a major step up. I agree with OP that the movie doesn't feel like 3 1/2 hours.

Also, why was she so shocked when the peasant burnt the money? She knew he was proud and stubborn
>>
>>64366602
Because she thought she was being the better person by being generous to them and expected them to be all warm and gracious and thankful for the money. It was a slap in her face.
>>
>>64366498
/tpc/?
>>
>>64366922
The patrician club

It was from a nobler, gentler era of /tv/
>>
>>64366969
Fuck off Deschi
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.