[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Airing in 5 minutes and not a single thread up. This board sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: sherlock.jpg (62 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.jpg
62 KB, 760x428
Airing in 5 minutes and not a single thread up.

This board sucks shit.

Anyway sherlock livestream thread
>>
>>64364146
>muh meta-commentary
>muh suffragettes
>muh unsung female characters
>muh homoeroticism
Moustached Watson is a qt, tho.
>>
>>64364251
They put the suffragettes in it? Got dammit
>>
Why do you guys hate women so much?
>>
I see more threads about AHS and Scream Queens on this board.
>>
its all a dream and nothing matters at all

really shite episode
>>
>>64364146
It "aired" hours ago and was literal shit.
>>
>it's a "we wrote ourselves into such a giant corner that we have to do alternate history versions" episode
>>
>>64364146
The fuck are you talking about it aired at 9pm, 5 hours ago
>>
>>64364334
The moral of the story is that murder is fine if you're a feminist
>>
>>64364523
US airing just started
>>
>>64364534
what's with the sudden push to make the suffragettes into heroes? They were literal terrorists that firebombed people
>>
Books are better
>>
>>64364586
No, they're stupid mystery stories with zero characterization or style.
>>
>>64364146
>Sherlock
>this board is the one that sucks shit
Right b
>>
>>64364394
Because they ask stupid questions.
>>
>>64364426
Damn it I was actually wanting them to reboot the show. Modern day Holmes was neat but I enjoy the classic period.
>>
Why does that woman have a mustache?
>>
>>64364146
Can't wait for the Mind Palace scene.

Those are always my favorite.

Sherlock is a lot like me.
>>
>>64364977

Looks very silly desu.
>>
>>64365069
oh, they actually called it out

I thought it was just going to be excused by "dream sequence" but she looked ridiculous and they're playing it off as a woman who successfully disguised herself from all the men around her and tricked them into thinking she was a man?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 466x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 466x540
>>64364500
And cast the wrong Moriarty.

https://youtu.be/Lu5UjujTRD0
>>
Tonights episode in a nutshell (SPOILERS):

>The killers were women who felt distanced by men, there for THEY WERE INHERENTLY CORRECT TO KILL THEM!
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 521x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 521x640
What was with the ten second trailer for the episode?
>>
So they're not even trying to hide the pandering to tumblr anymore?
>>
lads a qt asian chick said I look like 'that guy from sherlock'. she didn't say which one though.

is this a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
what the fuck did I just watch
>>
>>64365280
>is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Why not ask her you flaming fag?
>>
When did the writing to this show go to shit?
>>
>>64365452
S3
>>
>>64365280
My wife's son's boyfriend thinks you are cute.
>>
Why did they replace Myncroft with Fat Bastard?
>>
>>64365723
it's the same actor wearing a fat suit

it's reference to the original stories, in which mycroft was obese
>>
Didn't really enjoy the first half-hour. Got an inkling of the deal when Mycroft said "The virus in the data". Really liked the cut back to the present, was disappointed they went back again. If they'd just done a hard cut into the first half-hour of whatever's coming next year, that would have been fucking excellent imo. As played, I enjoyed it, but eh.

Also prepared to give it bonus points for how expertly they're openly trying to trigger /pol/ and /r9k/.

>>64365723
Mycroft's fat in the original stories iirc. He's smarter than Sherlock, but much much lazier.
>>
>>64365164
>tfw ywn overthrow the hanoverian scum and establish a catholic monarchy
>>
>>64365802
This doesn't trigger /pol/, it makes them feel their claims are confirmed
>>
>>64365847
>This doesn't trigger /pol/

Oh yes it does, lol.
>>
>>64365886
Give it to me straight, how many black people were in victorian london?
>>
>>64365957
So far none
>>
>>64364584
>>64365229
>>64365957

B-but /pol/ is and shall forever remain UNTRIGGERED.

>>64365957

Probably more than there were amateur detective supergeniuses whose brothers ran the entirety of the British secret service. That's IRL, of course. In the show, at least one, I think. Part of the suffragette army. The Irish chick who Sherlock bangs to get to Magnussen, I think, or that actress, anyway.
>>
What the fuck I thought you guys were trolling. It literally is Sherlock vs the patriarchy
>>
>he didn't marry me
>killing him was justified
what the fuck
>>
>Worm through the nose
I giggled
>>
Inception wants its plot back
>>
well at least they finally admitted how Sherlock survived the end of S2
>>
>>64367428

Inception can shut its whore mouth and go back through old Donald Duck comics looking for more shit to steal.
>>
>>64367655
>old Donald Duck comics
who reads that crap anyway
>>
What are some good whodunnits?

Sick of this post-modern "lol whodunnits are old hat" bollocks.

I just want a story where I have all the information I need to figure out who the killer is, without it being too obvious or trying its hardest to be a twist.
>>
>>64367782
Midsomer Murders is top tier m8
>>
It's all a dream anyway, he just confirms Moriarty is dead for realz in an episode that completely falls apart once this becomes its conclusion.
>>
>>64367847
It can also be a bit grating with the English country-ness
>>
File: summer-wine.jpg (66 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
summer-wine.jpg
66 KB, 450x300
>>64367910
>English country-ness

Sounds anything but grating m8.
>>
the Moriarty bits were alright, and the time shifting stuff was decent, but the "suffragette killers" mystery was utter shit. And Sherlock's big speech in the church was cringe inducing.
>>
>>64364426
I dont think anyone with half a brain expected this episode to have any bearing whatsoever on the current storyline of present day Sherlock, because, well, its set in a fantasy a hundred years ago you shitlord.
>>
File: 2016-01-02-124524_885x637_scrot.png (482 KB, 885x637) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02-124524_885x637_scrot.png
482 KB, 885x637
>>64364146
>Airing in 5 minutes and not a single thread up.
This shit has been out for over a day, not sure what you faggots are on about
>>
>>64364334
wew lad you're in for a treat
>>
>>64368179
It aired about 2 hours ago in the US. Not everyone gives a damn enough about Sherlock to download it from the British broadcast
>>
File: sherlock.png (189 KB, 915x614) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.png
189 KB, 915x614
>>
>>64368466
Basically this. I was fine with Sherlock through S2 (mostly). S3 just pissed me off.
>>
>>64368466
this should be a thread about smart characters written in an intelligent manner
>>
>>64368622
Jack from Breaking Bad
Smartest character in the show
>>
>>64367428
more like paprika wants its plot back
>>
So, has anything ever telegraphed it's twist so bad before? I always hold Identity as being the absolute worst movie for hiding a twist, but this might be worse as I figured this out by the simple fact there as a 'Previously on' segment, which would make no sense unless it was in continuity.
>>
>>64364394
They want to seem cool on the internet while in reality they hate themselves because no woman wants to touch them for that exact reason
>>
>>64369165
hot damn you just made a connection with that lady, guy!
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.