[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what where his originial "rejected" ideas, for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 350x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 350x524
So what where his originial "rejected" ideas, for the sequel trilogy?
>>
Open pedestry practiced between the Jedi masters and padawans
>>
>>64363864
If I remember right he wanted the protagonists to be a group of teenagers. Jedi Padawans probably. Also the bad guys would be Stormtroopers with helmets like Vader because they were obsessed with him. That's all I remember though.
>>
File: fully erect.png (332 KB, 636x455) Image search: [Google]
fully erect.png
332 KB, 636x455
>>64363911
>>
>>64363864
The Jabba/Leia love scene where her bikini falls off
>>
Didn't it have something to do with a clone of Anakin killing Luke and then after realising his mistake finding and defeating the Sith once and for all?
>>
>>64363864
He wanted the story to be about the offspring of Luke, Han & Leia. He hasn't actually released much information about his thoughts on a new trilogy, but he still has folders containing his idea and I doubt he will ever mention anything about them ever again.
>>
>>64364043
Didn't it get leaked though? I remember some site had a synopsis with a battle in Bespin in the opening.
>>
>>64364136
I'm not sure, it's first I've heard of that. I actually think the novels in the EU would be good for the new sequels. Except for all that Palpatine cloning shit.
>>
>>64363864
Prequel Trilogy: Political soap opera
Original Trilogy: Action/Adventure serial
Sequel Trilogy: Philosophical/Psychological

In an interview Lucas talked about how after the defeat of the empire in ep 6, the new stories would be about jedi philosophy and confronting inner demons.
>>
>>64364318
>Except for all that Palpatine cloning shit.
>not liking coone palpatine
Fucking plebian shittaste bitch!
>>
>>64364043
>>64364136
>>64364318
>>64364427
Just sort of thinking out loud here, but I've been meaning to write Lucas a letter for a long time- do you think if I said that I'd like to know about his plans for 7 8 and 9 that he'd tell me?
He seems like a sentimental dude, so If i'm nice he might...

the letter is going to be about why I love the prequels
>>
>>64363864
>ruins all your favorite scenes
The special edition isn't that bad. The additions aren't that good for the most part, a few are annoying, but they don't "ruin" the film.

People who cry about Lucas ruining Star Wars/their childhood need to get over it.
>>
>>64364445
He probably gets more letters than he has time for, unfortunately
>>
>>64364136

I know of the plot summaries you're referring to. The ones featuring a Dark Jedi attack on an Academy on Bespin, clones of Anakin, Yoda's homeworld, and a black hole generator that destroys the dark side planet? All bullshit. Lucas had nothing to do with them.

Those plot summaries were written by a fansite called SuperShadow.com. They were posted back in 2006ish when Lucas held that the sequel trilogy would never be made. Of course, Lucas' "close friend" SuperShadow was privy to the fact that Lucas did intend to make the sequel trilogy, because SuperShadow helped write Lucas' treatments.

I remember this because I actually believed that site for ~30 minutes when I was 9.
>>
>>64364445
>loving the prequels
Plz, fucking kill yourself, i will mail you a cyanide capsule wrapped inside a pizza roll.
>>64364456
The additions in the frst special addition were shit but tolerable, when they start changing ghost anikans face, and making vader scream an obnoxious "no" in one of my favorite scenes, then i get pissed.
>>
>>64364445
Kek. Maybe if you asked him 20 years ago. Now that Disney owns everything, there has got to be a contractual clause somewhere stating Lucas can't do anything that is detrimental to the new films. Imagine if his ideas got leaked, it would fuck up everything.
>>
>>64364572
>Imagine if his ideas got leaked, it would fuck up everything.
How so, its not like there gonna use them? I got the impression that they were so shit, that disney wouldnt touch them, if anything theyll probably release it as a book titled "the lucas sequal trioligy" in a few years, but i doubt theyd throw there shit if his ideas were leaked.
>>
>>64364724
Just think about what would happen, just on the internet alone. People would start talking, asking why these ideas weren't ever used etc. Nothing good would come from it. You're right about the book thing, but I am guessing that it would only happen after the new films are finished.
>>
>>64364812
the new films will never be finished anon, we will die and three generations forward will still have star wars movies
>>
>>64364812
>People would start talking, asking why these ideas weren't ever used etc.
But if they were as shit as ive been lead to bealive via interviews and such, i dont think anyone would be complaining. I think we doged a bullet here, because as mediocore as TFA in some aeras, i found it to be a throughly enjoyable film, and lucass ideas for the sequals wouldve been anothr prequal triology, possibly worse as hes getting even more senile abd depressed.
>>
>>64364897
I understand what you mean, but don't you think there would have been SOME mention of George's sequel ideas when he signed the papers. I think there will be something there and ultimately don't think he would mention anything about them soon. Maybe in a book in 10 years.
>>
>>64363864
Darth Icky is in the house, and we need a young team of Jedis with attitude.
>>
>>64365004
Still maybe someone should make an effort to leak it, because ive been itching to know what ideas the progenitor of starwars himself thought for the prequels, and i dont know if ill be dead or in an insane asylum in 10 years.
>>
>>64365090
>sequals
Goddamnit, shitty fucking iphone keyboard!
>>
>>64364885
worked for bond so who knows, might not be as bad
>>
>>64365162
bond is all about people projecting themselves into an alpha male, how long can people endure death stars and skywalker lineage
>>
something a long these lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSrJiaZnPuU&ab_channel=MovieclipsTrailers
>>
>>64365350
that animation is good
>>
bump?
>>
>>64365350
did George write any of that? Because the jokes are abysmal but i get the idea behind the film itself
>>
>>64367072
>did George write any of that? Because the jokes are abysmal
You answerd your own question.
>>
>>64366453

NO
>>
>>64363942
I think he wanted a rebelious 50s vibe like American Graffiti as well
>>
>>64367669
>I think he wanted a rebelious 50s vibe like American Graffiti as well
Fuck, that wouldve been shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (473 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473 KB, 2592x1944
>>64363864
They didn't tell us anything about them, other than that they would star teenage leads.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>64368312
Better than the replay of the 1940's that JJ served up.
>>
>>64368560
How the fuck was TFA the 1940s?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.