[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone talks shit about the prequels as if they ruined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: disney.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
disney.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>everyone talks shit about the prequels as if they ruined a masterpiece
>watch the first ones for the first time yesterday
>they're all shit
>outdated, badly acted, cheesy as fuck, weirdly paced
>Darth Vader isn't even an intimidating villain with his goofy speaking manners

What the hell?
>>
>>64361828
Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that is Star Wars. But in the end, you will understand.
>>
>>64361828
That's the moment you should realize that this franchise is geared towards children.

If you are an adult and care about it with blinding fervor, then you're developmentally stunted.
>>
You did it wrong. You were meant to watch them when you were 5 years old.

Then obsess about them and live the rest of your life in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.
>>
>>64362715
GLIB
>>
I think you have to watch them as a child. I'm like you anon, I watched them in my 20s and I did not understand the obsession. They're campy and cheesy with bad acting and horrible pacing.
>>
>>64361912

I care about it. Zero fucks given, dude. Have some fucking fun no wonder women are repulsed by you
>>
>>64362863
Same here. Empire really is the only one that comes closest to being a well constructed film.
>>
>>64361905

This is the land of prequels now
>>
>>64361828
Haha that pic looks freakin cool! Is it from Star Wars The Force Awakens!?
>>
>>64361828
IV has the whole classic "Hero" quest thing going - Young farmboy who does not know his parents meets hermit, finds out he has special powers, meets a girl, Hermit dies, joins the honorable fight, all cards on the table, young boy remembers hermits words, saves the day.

V is actually a good movie.

VI is ..meh, good points and bad points, but depends on you knowing the characters.

1 is actually not as bad as some say (not that it a good film) just VERY aimed at kids. Jar-Jar is fucking awful. But there is a lot of nice parts (Sabre fight dancing and the pod race, and Ewen being funny.)

II is utter shit.

III tries to save the prequals, but isn't that great.

VII is just IV badly warmed over.
>>
IV was nominated for Best Picture and Screenplay. Alec Guiness was nominated for best actor.

Yes, it was cheesy, but was leagues above most space-opera sci-fi at the time, and appealing to a younger, larger audience unlike 2001. Being how revolutionary it was, most people in 1977 overlooked the cheesy dialogue and instead immersed themselves in the world it presented.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.