[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>720p >1080p >UHD/4K on it's way But this is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-DVD_logo.svg[1].png (51 KB, 2000x1020) Image search: [Google]
2000px-DVD_logo.svg[1].png
51 KB, 2000x1020
>720p
>1080p
>UHD/4K on it's way
But this is still the number one selling video medium. Why won't it die?
>>
>>64359912
Never fucking post on my board again unless you're contributing quality content.
>>
>>64359937
>my board
>>
>>64359912
Never fucking smith on my anvil again unless you're contributing quality weaponry.
>>
Poorfags being poorfags
>>
>>64359912
Cheap, and a lot of people didn't upgrade from DVD player to Blu-Ray (and/or don't have a TV good enough to really enjoy the Blu-Ray).

Also, I have the feeling that they make more DVD boxsets than Blu-Ray boxsets (movies or TV series).
>>
>>64359912
Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do. But in the end, you will understand.
>>
>>64359912
Old people and plebs. They will happily pick up a DVD for £3 at the supermarket and enjoy every last second of it.
>>
in europe/south and north amierca (usa excluded)/most of asia/oceania people still use dvd players, only in advanced countries like usa korea or japan people have bluray players/4k content
>>
>>64360032
They sell the new stuff for comparable prices though
>>
>>64359912

I didn't upgrade, I own less than 10 blurays, just buy them when they are really cheap like 80% off.

I went Digital instead legal and illegal.
>>
>>64359912
I still only watch VHS on my VCR. Classics never go out of style.
>>
>>64360219
I live in South Korea and I only see DVD players and places like "DVD Cafes" where you can go watch a movie in private and also have sex.
>>
i get shit tonnes of dvds for birthdays and christmases, what you are telling me is i have to replace every single one of them for a blu ray version instead. bad enough going from vhs
>>
>>64360304

Based, I always said VHS and Laserdisc will make a comeback one day like Cassettes and Vinyl did in Music.
>>
>>64359912
Cheap and there's a lot of standard definition material that would have no benefit for being on BD.
>>
>>64360304
>>64360400
self-fellating samefag
>>
It took a long time to go from VHS to DVD and there was actually an extreme difference in quality there. Plus everyone is just streaming now anyway.
>>
May sound dumb, but you'd be surprised how little a lot of people know about technology.

They got the "HD ready" TV, and carried on watching SD broadcast content and DVDs and thought it was HD because they were watching it on an HD display.

They upgraded to a "Full HD" TV and continued watching SD content, thinking it was "Full HD".

Soon they'll buy a 4K TV and continue to watch 480i DVDs and stream from Netflix
>>
>>64359912
Most of the normies i know don't even own a bluray player and are happy with dvd quality
>>
>>64360903

Most normies I know are happy with shitty 240p streaming quality (with ads everywhere).
>>
>>64359912

Still holding on to my reliable old DVD player, but I'll upgrade for UHD. My 4k TV is going to waste right now.
>>
>>64359912
still a lot of shit you can only get on dvd as well
>>
>>64360304
>>64360400
>m-muh retro tech
Enjoy staticky, deteriorated, panned-and-scanned horseshit, nostalgiafag.
>>
>>64359912
I've met a few people that swear that can't tell the difference between standard definition and 1080p... ignorance I guess.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.