[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Star Wars is a children's film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
>Star Wars is a children's film
>>
>children can't be exposed to anything but fart jokes and Pokemon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>64359857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs
>star wars isn't a children's film
>>
It is a children's movie. I really can't understand why it's become so popular. I saw it first time in 1988. and it was good, because I was 8 years old. But watching that as an adult is infantile.
>>
>>64361637
People had never seen anything like it at the time. Big budget summer blockbusters wasn't an established thing in 1977.
>>
>>64359857
It is. But that doesn't make it bad. Some of the best films of all time are kids films.
>>
>>64361637
>infantile
dude, you must have an IQ of a million
>>
File: Princess Mononoke.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Princess Mononoke.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
>>64361716
pic unrelated
>>
>>64361716
You're great and I love you
>>
>>64359857
People go on about the pain and damage Ren suffered which would explain why he lost to Rey. well we all know Rey's a mary sue but that's not the point of my post. just look at those level of injuries. Anakin is fucking toasted, extra crispy too. Could you imagine the levels of pain, discomfort and agony he endured that only served to make him stronger in the dark side? Could you Imagine awaking in your chamber in utter agony and discomfort. and needs droids to, every few days, remove your encounter suit and scrab the necro flesh from your body? could you imagine the actual suffering and agonies the man must have endured, and for 20 years too? Ren's pain and injuries served to bolster his power.

And Rey's a mary sue and will always be so. Ren should have won for he had but a fraction of the agonizing vader had, who bested several Jedi post his injuries.
>>
>>64361848
I love you too anon :3
>>
>>64361848
Mom get off this website this is my safe space LEAVE UGHHHH
>>
>>64359857
It is.

You ever read those Grimm's fairytales? Children's stories feature some fucked up shit in them.
>>
>>64361807

But this is a kids film(in japan at least) and it's great film too.
>>
but children love taxation disputes, rape, and decapitation
>>
>>64360119
Jesus

I-Is she looking at m-me
>>
File: 1424313226557.jpg (13 KB, 228x238) Image search: [Google]
1424313226557.jpg
13 KB, 228x238
>>64359857
How emotionally fragile do you think children are?

I mean goddamn, you didn't have pretend shoot-outs and fights to the death with your friends as a kid?
>>
>>64362002
>rape
are you talking about what someone did to Anakin's mom or what George did to the franchise?
>>
>>64360119
I rematched ep1 recently and i swear this scene wasn't in there. Was it removed in the blue-ray edition?
>>
File: Ikebukuro-West-Gate-Park.gif (2 MB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
Ikebukuro-West-Gate-Park.gif
2 MB, 200x172
>>64362047
>>
>>64361807
>feminist propaganda 101
>good

Nah
>>
>>64359857

The films are all over the fucking place, with the last one being the weirdest.

Phantom menace felt like it was aimed at 5 year olds. Revenge is clearly a Rated R film, and would be if it didn't have big money behind it.

Also those effects are really nice. Notice how they're practical.
>>
Man Hayden looks really sad here. Just filled with regret.
>>
>land before time is a kids movie
>shows a mom being eaten alive and dying in front of his kid

only the disney shit had no real impact
>>
>>64362175
>feminist propaganda
>despite needing the male protagonist to constantly talk sense into them, the female characters are all well developed and have their strengths as well as their flaws

Sure thing, Eliott.
>>
File: pumba.gif (1016 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
pumba.gif
1016 KB, 500x270
>>64361963
Japanese or not, no parent would take their kid to see this.
>>
File: watership.jpg (40 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
watership.jpg
40 KB, 480x270
>>64359857
Star Wars IS a children's film

>Watership Down is a children's film
>>
>>64362189
cause he had no bouncy hair
>>
You guys know not all films are either just for kids or only for adults.
>>
File: nolan's lion king.gif (1021 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
nolan's lion king.gif
1021 KB, 350x196
>>64362267
>>64361963
>>64361963
>But this is a kids film
It's about as much as a kids film as Felidae & Plague Dogs.
>>
Star Wars is for kids, and good for all ages. I wouldn't expect many people to get into Star Wars as they get older.
>>
>>64359857
I keep having to argue this with my friends and parents ALL.THE.TIME!

UGH! JUST..ugh!
>>
Star Wars is a movie at best
>>
File: The_Plague_Dogs_(movie).jpg (54 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
The_Plague_Dogs_(movie).jpg
54 KB, 360x500
>>64362437
>get this for christmas as a child
>cover has dogs being chased by a helicopter, looks like a good fun romp to help brighten up christmas morning
>feel like complete shit for the next two weeks after watching it
>>
>>64362184
they never were, which says to me you were a kid when the prequels came out. I'm not a kid, nor was i a kid when they came out. read a lot of the dailies George published and the internet mini's they had. really classy cool stuff that. anywho, George went into detail of how the third film would be considerably darker than all the others. but the story was absolutely necessary. Sure the execution was off a bit but it all made sense, though executed poorly.
>>
>>64362437
>>64362267
My parents shared Mononoke with me when I was like 9 or something, shit scarred me. Didn't watch it again until like a few months ago
>>
>>64359857
>film
It's a Cinerama by definition
>>
>>64361875
Didn't Anakin die from those injuries though? I thought Sheev brought him back to life using the powers he told him about earlier.
>>
>>64359857
OT movies = classic family movies
PT movies = children movies
since Lucas was probably abused and raped as a child this is how he envisions children movies
>>
>>64359857
soo.... darth vader is gonna be in ep 8 or smething? or is that a pic from the prequels?
>>
>>64363701
i feel bad for your parents for being stuck with a bitch of a kid
>>
>>64363701
>Honey..i'm affraid are might be..
>What,Charlie?! what is it?!
>O-our son..he is a...
>Charlie,you're scraing me..stop it
>Meggie..our son is a pleb
>*both start crying uncontrollably*
>>
>>64362189
actually, internally he is probably thinking, "wow this makeup is cool as fuck, finally I have something physical to work with in this shitty movie."

externally he is sad and filled with regret, because his character just sold out to an evil wizard, massacred children, murdered his wife, and had his limbs chopped off and left to burn to die by his former friend. self-loathing is darth vader's modus operandi.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.