[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done re-watching all of "House MD" over the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: house.jpg (57 KB, 513x755) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
57 KB, 513x755
Just got done re-watching all of "House MD" over the course of a few weeks, and all of what little existed of "Lie to me".

Are there any more shows like these? Ensemble casts with relatively simple story arc that focuses on a new thing each episode.

I've decided these are the only shows I actually like and I've pretty much run out of stuff to fill my days with.
>>
>>64359832
CSI is the only things that comes to my mind
>>
>>64360000
That's a damn shame, I could never get into it.

Always feels overly formulaic, predictable and hollow.

House MD had some top tier characters and a few really great episodes that kept it fresh all the way through (up until the last season obviously).

Lie to me was starting to get there, but it got axed half way through it's 3rd season and it never really got the chance.
>>
>>64359832
Forever was great, but it was cancelled after one season. Fucking ABC. You should definitely give it a try.
>>
>>64360193
Hate getting into things when I know there's only a season.

I'm a binge watching neet, I'll literally sit here for 16 hours watching episode after episode.
>>
>>64360235
Hm... What about Suits? I found it to be pretty meh, but perhaps you'll like it more.
>>
>>64359832
The Knick is a little darker than House and is set in the beginning of the 20th century, but the idea is pretty close. Fucked up main doctor with an interesting staff next to him with some overarching plots and absolutely amazing cinematography and soundtrack. My personal best series for 2015, highly recommended
>>
>>64360313
Been watching it since it started, and "The Newsroom" too.

>>64360318
Hmm, you have my interest, not something I'd usually watch, ye olde timey shit rarely does it for me, but I shall definitely give it a go, beggars can't be choosers.
>>
Suits is kind of like that but it's not quite as episodic. They have a new case every three episodes or so.
>>
Chicago PD/Chicago Fire, but they both kind of suck. Especially Chicago PD.
>>
>>64360235
Maybe get a job?
>>
>>64360518
>Implying

Unfit for work mate, i gotta live off the state like a cunt.
>>
>>64360364
The old timey shit is actually a positive, since most of the stuff done on the show would be frowned upon if it was set in the present. And it also allows for there to be some mystery since most of the medical shit hasn't been discovered yet.
>>
File: BostonLegalAlanShore1.jpg (512 KB, 1600x1111) Image search: [Google]
BostonLegalAlanShore1.jpg
512 KB, 1600x1111
Boston Legal, maybe? I think it's similar enough to House, but some episodes may feel outdated watching now.
>>
cuddy best girl
>>
The fucking Mentalist.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.