[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: hateful_eight_poster.png (444 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
hateful_eight_poster.png
444 KB, 1200x675
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
I said
>>
>>64356640
NOT A SINGLE GODDAMN MOTHER FUCKING THING!
>>
Not enough feet.
>>
File: tmp_31641-original1003679986.jpg (20 KB, 720x352) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31641-original1003679986.jpg
20 KB, 720x352
>>64356710
Nothing!
>>
Just watched it. A very well acted movie, but the dialogue wasn't very gpod. The ending fucking sucked, I know Tarantino likes to end his movies in this style, but this was just bad. Also OB and Bob were the best characters.
>>
>>64357015
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
KICK IT OPEN
>>
>>64357397
Fuck off underage
>>
It was perfectly mediocre.
I don't expect much from tarantino these days
>>
Everything

Cukatino's worst flick. Worse than DeathPoof.
>>
HEAVY
>>
>>64356640
Nothing really, it was pretty good
>>
File: hateful eight rape.webm (578 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
hateful eight rape.webm
578 KB, 720x260
People like westerns because they are rugged, epic, grand, adventurous and aren't boring (to fans of westerns that is)

This was a stupid humor, ridiculous, overlong, goofy flick that took place in 1 room, with people you don't care about, nobody is a hero, everyone dies

It's a pointless movie, and it doesn't have enough style points to "pull off" being pointless, and it doesn't have great dialogue or memorable scenes either
>>
>>64357397

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>64358860
pretty harsh, but i think this is accurate
>>
What is it with Tarantino and retarded emphasis with all his dialogues?

>oaaaaaallll day long
>riiiiiiiight down his throath
>your whoooooooole gang

Literally every second sentence. Why does no one else care? Are people too retarded to notice this?
>>
>>64359241
All I notice is how in every movie he singles out some unimportant character, and spends 15 minutes trying to unsuccessfully set up the importance of that character or thing

>SWEET DAVE ISNT HERE TODAY HUH
>THAT'S SWEET DAVE'S CHAIR
>NOBODY SITS IN THAT CHAIR, EXCEPT, YOU SEE, SWEET DAVE
>AND YOU KNOW, ON THIS PARTICULAR EVENING, SWEET DAVE, LIKES TO SIT, IN THAT CHAIR
>AND NOBODY EXCEPT SWEET DAVE
>AND SWEET DAVE ALONE
>SWEET
>DAVE
>SITS
>IN THAT CHAIR

its like, jesus tarantino, stop
>>
>>64359395

He also spent 15 minutes on a gay cocksucking scene that had nothing to do with the story/plot, like at all.
>>
>>64360002

The whole thing was a commentary on race relations, and that scene was designed solely to piss off the "cuck" crowd right here on 4chan, and get you guys to say a bunch of dumb shit. He knows how terrified you are of black dick
>>
>>64360002

You didn't like LOOKING AT DICK IN GLORIOUS 70MM?
>>
>>64356640
I really liked the movie, my only complaint was Tarantino's continued obsession with his black characters. Even having the final chapter titled "Black Man, White Hell" when Jackson's character literally did nothing but get his nuts blown off and watch Goggins save the day. He should've left the black revenge story/theme in Django and focused on making a good Western, which he did for the most part.
>>
>>64360002
>like at all
fucking kill yourself please reddit
>>
literally nothing
>>
Because there were no likable characters in the movie (besides maybe OB), I just laughed whenever someone died. Whole theater was rolling when Bob and Jody got their heads exploded
>>
>>64358860
You don't get what Westerns are. If you went in expecting anything different from Tarantino's other work, you were just setting yourself up to hate it. The whole point of the film is to deconstruct the hero role in a Western. Westerns are about what it means to be an American man. To say it's pointless is to say all Westerns are pointless.
>>
>>64360002
It made the audience uncomfortable. Which is great.
>>
>>64360002
The whole point was, on one level, he wanted the man to go for his gun so he could have reason to shoot him, and on another level, it's about the idea that old school whites all had this deep-seated fear of the black man because of their perceived sexual virility. Jackson's character was delving into that fear to get the reaction he desired.
>>
>>64361065
>>64358860
You guys are both wrong. There have been so many movies made set in the American West pre, during, or post the Civil War that any "universal themes" shared by Westerns are virtually non-existant. Just as many Westerns promote defending your honor, as those that promote the absurdity of honor. Those that shun violence and those that encourage violence. Clear cut heroes and villains, and morally ambiguous characters. Noble savage Indians or savage savage Indians. The only constant is the setting, a few archetypal characters, and fast draw duels.
>>
>>64361553
You're just talking about a really vague generalization of a Western. That's like saying it should just be called a movie since it has actors and a script and a camera was used.

American Westerns have very specific themes that generally relate to role of a man in a society that is typically lawless or lacking leadership. It always comes down to the characters of each man and whether or not they know how to be a true leader or "man".
>>
>>64361534
Also part of me suspects he may have been full of shit, but who knows.
>>
File: SHITFUL 8.jpg (256 KB, 1054x675) Image search: [Google]
SHITFUL 8.jpg
256 KB, 1054x675
The Shitful Eight

>muh gay black cocksucking/rape scene
>muh Agatha Christie mystery movie
>muh favorite word nigger, nigger, nigger
>muh SLJ speechy nigger part
>muh abusing the fuck out of women

Literally Reddit: The Movie

Truly shit.
>>
>>64361777
While that's true of some Westerns (High Noon and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance come to mind immediately), many Western protagonists focus primarily on money (The Man With No Name, Franco Nero's Django, Sabata, Mel Gibson's Maverick), revenge (Eastwood from Hang em High, High Plains Drifter, Outlaw Josey Wales, and Colonel Mortimer from For a Few Dollars More), fame (Nobody and "The Coward" Robert Ford), with no real indication of reaching any deeper maturity as "becoming a man" would suggest. There are of course much more examples, but I believe you understand my point.
>>
>>64362565
how is woman abuse reddit?
>>
>>64358860
that fag really kept the rape thing in?
>>
>>64357546
>>64358996
Back to your safespace bitchboi >>>/trash/
>>
>>64362565
>abusing women
>bad
Get out reddit
>>
>>64362632
new
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.