[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Arnold Schwarzenegger fighting an invisible alien in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: aaaaa.jpg (70 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
70 KB, 1366x768
>Arnold Schwarzenegger fighting an invisible alien in the jungle

don't get me wrong, I love this fucking movie, but how did this concept ever get green lit?
>>
>>64356233
Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do. But in the end, you will understand.
>>
It was made in a simpler time.

Arnold Schwarzenegger shirtless, flexing his muscles and fighting XYZ was the greatest formula of all times
>>
>>64356308
I'm not American and that doesn't answer the question
>>
>>64356233
it was supposed to be Rocky V

after rocky beat russia in rocky 4, studio execs said, well, what next? another one said, well, he can fight a space monster.

a few cast changes (including van damn, but he was a little fella IRL) and rewrites later we got this masterpiece.
>>
>>64356233
It started life as a Rocky sequel.

>>64356642
Oh, cool, someone already pointed that out.
>>
>>64356233
For a few months, following the release of Rocky IV, a joke was making rounds in Hollywood. Since Rocky Balboa had run out of earthly opponents, he would have to fight an alien if a fifth installment of his boxing series were to be made. Screenwriters Jim and John Thomas took the inspiration from the joke and wrote a screenplay based on it. The Thomas script for Predator was originally titled Hunter.[4] It was picked up by 20th Century Fox in 1985, and turned over to producer Joel Silver who, based on his experience with Commando, decided to turn the science fiction pulp storyline into a big-budget film. Silver enlisted his former boss Lawrence Gordon as co-producer and John McTiernan was hired as director for his first studio film. New Zealand director Geoff Murphy was also considered to direct.[5]
>>
>>64356233
Back in the 80s, cocaine was still a big thing, you know?
>>
>>64356642
>>64356725
>>64356742
oh, ok, makes more sense now, thank you
>>
How does that not sound awesome?
>>
>>64356642
>>64356725
It started as a Rocky sequel as a joke, it wasn't a legit Rocky movie.
>>
>>64356816
Seriously. This.
>>
File: cameron.png (675 KB, 669x662) Image search: [Google]
cameron.png
675 KB, 669x662
>McTiernan consulted Stan Winston after production became troubled. While on a plane ride to Fox studios alongside Aliens director James Cameron, Winston sketched monster ideas. Cameron suggested he had always wanted to see a creature with mandibles, which became part of the Predator's iconic look.
>>
>>64356642
>>64356725
>>64356742
What the fuck
>>

don't get me wrong, I love this fucking movie, but how did this concept ever get green lit?

fucking idiot
>>
>>64356233
>how did this concept ever get green lit?
no wonder action movies are shit now
>>
>>64356642
it was supposed to be Rocky V
>>64356725
It started life as a Rocky sequel.

No it didn't.

That was an inside joke about the Rocky films, that the only person left for Rocky to fight was ET.

The script was written back in 1986 on spec as "The Hunter" which was about one soldier being hunted by an alien in a jungle.

It was later re-written to become Predator.
>>
>>64356233
>how did this concept ever get green lit?
Fun fact, Shane Black was actually a studio plant in the cast to keep tabs on the production for the studio.
>>
>>64356233
>not knowing predator is a modern retelling of beowulf

what's it like to be a pencil pushing pleb
>>
>>64356233

I'm heah! Kill me!

Arnie at his best.
>>
son of a bitch
>>
>>64356233
DAT TELLTALE SHIMMER DOE
>>
Dylan? You son of a bitch!
>>
>>64356233
1980s.

Big muscles and over-the-top, extremely violent sci-fi was in fashion.
>>
>>64357253
that explains why hes so skinny and wears glasses
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.