[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any torrents? Or is it too early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14
File: fuck yeah.jpg (202 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
202 KB, 1600x900
Any torrents?
Or is it too early?
>>
Give it a few more minutes.
>>
>>64356101
Don't bother. It's been a joke episode from start to finish.

>Muh neglected women motive

The BBC has really outdone themselves here. What next? Terrorist sympathisers?
>>
>>64356229
You saw it?
Rate in a 1-10 scale.
No spoilers please.
>>
>>64356277
5/10 and I'm being generous. Like an anon said in the other thread, there was no need for this to connect to the mainline series, it should have been a standalone one-off story.
>>
>>64356378
Oh, no.
It's connected to the main series?
I was hoping for a completely standalone one-off special story.
Is the victorian setting used well at least?
>>
Fucking awful.
>>
DO NOT WATCH
>>
Don't bother watching

It was all a dream
Sherlock is dreaming on the plane
The killers are a feminist cult fighting for women's rights
>>
Huuurr sherlock was in his mind palace the whole time playing dress up

Fucking shit
>>
File: Mrs Brown's nigga please.jpg (54 KB, 306x442) Image search: [Google]
Mrs Brown's nigga please.jpg
54 KB, 306x442
This is officially the Mrs Brown's Boys New Year's thread.
>>
>>64356447

>Is the victorian setting used well at least?

Well there were no blacks, which for the Beeb is tremendous restraint.

Everything else was pure nonsense. It was written by Moffat so you can guess what the issue is.
>>
>>64357054
>Watching this shit

Well, I suppose it's better than Wozzy on ITV. God he's such an unfunny smug cunt. Hot wife though.
>>
a bad dr who episode

>am i dreaming? or is this reality? must fight the mind virus!
>>
>self indulgent
>characters far too self aware to the point where they cannot develop
>entirely predictible interactions between the characters, mostly just quip laden wankery pertaining to themselves and maybe some throw away lines about some irrelevant case
>world feels tiny because its the same host of characters all wanking each other off

yep its a sherlock episode
>>
>literal feminist propaganda

Holy shit baka so hard desu senpai. Oh and its all a dream and nothing happens at all. Sherlock just realises that he needs John all over again so the fangirls will be happy at least.
>>
>>64356101
SJW the special
>>
The whole episode was just to prove that Moriarty is actually indeed dead.

What a waste of one and half hour.
>>
You don't want to watch it, mate.

Absolute 0/10.
>>
File: -FEDORA.jpg (71 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
-FEDORA.jpg
71 KB, 600x337
>tfw the bride's actress was on Jekyll and Hyde.
>She played a character who was fucking literally, unironically named 'Fedora'.

WELL MEMED

BRAVO LUCAS

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>64356101
Wait, so this is the start of the next season? Or is it just sort of like a holiday special?
>>
>>64357403
It's like a Doctor Who Christmas Special.

In that it's tedious and skippable.
>>
>>64357403
It is not a stand off episode.

It is connected to season 4 definitely.

Sherlock is dreaming in the airplane (continuation of 3x3). In his mind place, he is back to Victorian age and trying to prove that Moriarty is indeed actually dead. The whole episode is just to prove that a man can not be returned from the death.
>>
>>64357403
It's the start, but it doesn't really matter because literally all you need to know is that Holmes was high on the plane and said Moriarty is totally dead. They'll show that again in the new series because it's a 20 second scene.
>>
File: le trashman.jpg (215 KB, 769x1038) Image search: [Google]
le trashman.jpg
215 KB, 769x1038
>>64356101
>IT WAS ALL A DREAM
>I LIKE EATING DUST
>FEMINISM
>>
File: 1449979309124.jpg (17 KB, 236x210) Image search: [Google]
1449979309124.jpg
17 KB, 236x210
>>64357493
>Sherlock is dreaming in the airplane (continuation of 3x3). In his mind place, he is back to Victorian age and trying to prove that Moriarty is indeed actually dead. The whole episode is just to prove that a man can not be returned from the death.
What the fuck
>>
Bits were fine

Costumes were nice

Plot was shit
>>
>>64357378
Hey, Someone else besides me watches that.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sherlock/comments/3z25mo/the_abominable_bride_postepisode_discussion/

Welcome to why Reddit is shit.

t. the Previous thread.
>>
File: based alf.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
based alf.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>64357465

>I wouldn't want to be Moffat, every single person hates you.

He doesn't HAVE to be a cuck, though. He could just write stories he wants to write and be done with it. I know the BBC probably has some involvement in what he writes so he most likely has to inject certain themes they deem agreeable into his shows, but if the man had any integrity as a writer and as a MAN, you think he'd risk losing his job if it means he can just write the stories he wants to write.

But he doesn't. And he won't. Cause he's the showrunner for two very popular British programmes that are internationally liked, so he's never risking anything but the most flabbergasting brown-nosing.

I mean, Holmes literally says something along the lines of "it's a war we deserve to lose" when over 5 fucking people have had their lives taken. If I were working on the show, I wouldn't even know what to say to that.
>>
>>64357668
>Also, that shot of Sherlock falling through the Reichenbach Falls - wow!
These fucking people, man. These FUCKING PEOPLE. I want to choke the life out of them.
>>
File: disagreeing on reddit.png (7 KB, 395x73) Image search: [Google]
disagreeing on reddit.png
7 KB, 395x73
>>64357668
Negative opinions are not allowed on reddit
>>
>>64357710
You'd never get to be the showrunner for shit like this without sucking a momentous amount of dick. It's no real surprise the man has zero spine.
>>
>>64357713
CGI effects on that fall was fucking terrible.

I thought they didn't have enough budget for a single episode of Sherlock. For fuck sake!
>>
>>64356378
>Like an anon said in the other thread
what other thread?
>>
>>64357798
and the ending bit where he's looknig out his window and they meld the centuries
>>
brb lads hacking into MI5

It would be difficult to find out where she was buried after 120 years? Found it
>>
>>64357652
That's probably the best summary anyone could give. What a fucking waste.

Why didn't they just adapt one of the stories not covered by the Jeremy Brett series? I'd even take something goofy like The War Service of Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>64357654

Honestly if the token strong independent cunt who was on Coronation Street was taken out of the equation, it'd actually be a nice little show. Certainly better than Sherlock, at this juncture.

Richard E Grant definitely makes it watchable, as well as the actor who was that Captain Dance.
>>
>>64357668
>I have no idea what happened, what any of that meant, where it took place, what was real and what wasn't.

It was bloody brilliant!
92 points
>>
>>64357752
What was this in response to?
>>
>>64357887
Don't remind me. It was fucking awful.

And she did it with a single cellphone. What a trash! I think they literally insulted audiences' intelligence on a show like this! Conan Doyle would have killed these bastards.
>>
For fuck sake Britain, do you even know how to use the internet? Where's the torrents?
>>
File: 1436723943382.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1436723943382.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>>64357197

>that quip about mary taking him home

I can only assume it was to prep the bull(s). I swear at this point Watson is just being used as a self-insert for Moffat himself.
>>
>>64357913
She barely has a part in it though, She's just a side piece which can be said for a lot of the characters that aren't Jekyll/Hyde and E Grant
>>
It was really enjoyable while it was all in the Victorian era. When they flash backed to the present day, the show just went to shit straight away and became a complete mess of flashbacks and random dreams.
>>
>>64357887
"weeks to find"
Church records moron.
>>
>>64357995
not like the books were decent anyway
>>
>>64358027
>It was really enjoyable
Nice to see Tumblr jumping into the fray now that the thread's dying down.
>>
>not watching the superior version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhIM5AXa-Bc
>>
File: 1451249291489.png (53 KB, 854x1044) Image search: [Google]
1451249291489.png
53 KB, 854x1044
>>64357999
>wanting to watch it
Read the thread
>>
Is it me or does everything have to pander to SJWs nowadays?
>muh woman dressed as a man
>muh sufferagettes
>>
>>64358056
Found it
>>
>>64357999
We're saving you 90 minutes of your life, be grateful.
>>
>>64358085
It's like touching a hot plate after someone tells you not to

you know it's gonna burn you but you need to try it for yourself
>>
>>64358077
What was wrong when it was exclusively Victorian era? It was a good murder mystery at that point...
>>
>>64358093
>Is it me or does everything have to pander to SJWs nowadays?

It was made by the BBC so what do you think?
>>
>BIG GUY
>NOT FOR ME
>>
>>64358093
Women dressing as men is not a new thing in the entertainment industry, or in history itself.

The same is true vice versa.
>>
>>64357754

That's the thing that gets me about it the most. I imagine if you're the type of person that sticks with writing and you have enough passion to stay a writer, then you 'probably' wouldn't want people undermining your work. Let you be the one who decides whether your work will be shit or not.

I know it's a trap a lot of writers end up falling into, particularly if that trap continues to get you money, but it just kinda saddens me to think that once upon he was probably a writer that had aspirations of getting his voice out there instead of pandering SO HARD that it actually backfires and makes feminists hate you even more.

If I had the power to do so I'd just put the man out of his misery and shoot him. He shouldn't be a writer, anymore. And he CERTAINLY shouldn't be a showrunner for anything.
>>
>>64358093
If this was intended to pander to SJWs then it failed miserably.
>>
How many bongs do I have to wait for a torrent of Big Black Cocks' Sherlock?
>>
>>64358156
If you don't understand anything about writing, pacing, or general themes, then you really have no business asking questions as absurd as "what's wrong with eating shit? It's tasty and nutritious...".

I'd say "come back when you learn anything about film", but as you're a woman, that's impossible. Just fuck off to Tumblr instead and tell all your pals how great it was until it got too hard for you to follow. Trying to explain why it was bad to you would be like trying to argue with a brick fucking wall.
>>
>>64358093
>>64358173
>if something is made with any form of female subplot, /tv/ will go full autism and accuse the producers of pandering
just go watch saw and the fast and the furious
>>
https://openload.co/f/LZK5argh0Qo/sherlock.the_abominable_bride.720p_hdtv_x264-fov.mkv
>>
>>64358249
You should see what he's done to Doctor Who. The best parts of the newest season were the episodes he had nothing to do with.
>>
>>64358283
>subplot
>is the solution to the case
>>
>>64358264
>writing, pacing, or general themes
Dropping these words doesn't make you smart. Neither does attacking me. You haven't been able to articulate your problems which suggests you are incapable of doing so.
>>
>>64358332
So this is like Star Wars again right? If everything isn't exclusively about white men then you're going to throw a tantrum like a baby and scream about how unfair the world is? Grow up, retard.
>>
>>64358297
also
www.hugefiles net/z2k3s3j9rm6o
>>
>>64358297
>https://openload.co/f/LZK5argh0Qo/sherlock.the_abominable_bride.720p_hdtv_x264-fov.mkv
fake and gay.
>>
I am very disappointed to hear this.

I might as well watch the Star Trek Episode where data is sherlock holmes
>>
>>64358156
>It was a good murder mystery at that point
It was an average and completely derivative one. Probably the most linear and predictable Sherlock fanwank you could imagine.
>>
>>64358337
Believe me, if I thought you had a single ounce of intelligence, I'd give it a decent shot.

You don't. I know it's hard to hear after being coddled for your entire life, but you have the mental skills of a child. Children eat up shitty cartoons, and trash shows like Who and Sherlock, adults are supposed to develop this thing called taste. It helps you differentiate a toy commercial from art.
>>
>>64358388
also fake and gay
>>
The closing bit of dialogue between Watson and Holmes before he looks out the window actually wasn't that bad. It felt like Sherlock Holmes and John Watson were actually talking.

I'm legitimately curious if a third writer stepped in just to write that bit off, it was very out of place dialogue in that it felt like something two grown men from the 19th century would actually exchange with each other.
>>
>>64358301
Actually I think he's done a decent job with Doctor Who, Heaven Sent was easily one of the shows best episodes if you ignore Hell Bent.

>>64358383
Star Wars was fine, you seem to be falling into the trap of thinking that /tv/ is a single entity.
>>
>>64358383

Fuck off, that bitch rey is fucking OP, I am 100% ready and willing to let Boyega become the new main protag with jedi powers and let Rey get killed saving his life.
>>
So ehat's the reaosn they time travelled?
>>
>>64358535
Sick ass drug trip
I'm only 14 but I really want to start doing them if I can see shit like that.
>>
>>64358578
You have to be diagnosed with autism to get sweet time travelling trips.
>>
>>64358093
woman dressing as a man did happen in the actual A Scandal in Bohemia story though
>>
>>64358440
Why the adversarial attitude? We're just chatting about television here. No need to get upset. I enjoyed it until it flashed forward to the plane and I agree it completely went downhill after that.
>>
>>64358301

Oh I've watched it, unfortunately. Aside from Heaven Sent, Mummy on the Orient Express and maybe one or two others, almost everything with Capaldi has been particularly poor.

I think ever since Clara's inclusion as a companion, Moffat has been getting shitter, but it's like the man isn't even trying anymore. Ironic, as you've got a legitimately well trained actor to portray the Doctor and you just squander him by writing him god-awful dialogue.
>>
honestly i'm going to watch some caroline quentin era jonathan creek to wash that horse shit out of my mind
>>
>I only asked for torrents
>no torrent links on this thread
>only spoilers
why live
>>
>>64358468
Heaven Sent was not directed by him, my bad, I'm surprised it was written by him. Felt like Blink. I hope he lets that woman direct more.

I guess he is the best at standalone. Every time he tries a 2 parter the second part falls flat, except for Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, which was under RTD's direction.

Nothing else in his time as showrunner has approached Heaven Sent, except maybe Eleventh Hour.
>>
>>64358617
If anything, it got BETTER with the plane. It was completely dull, formulaic, Nu-Who trash up until that point, and the switch to the present day at least gave me a couple of laughs from just how hard Moffat fucked this up.
>>
>>64358620
Capaldi is the best at acting like his version of The Doctor, besides McGann who only really counts in audio. He is one of my favorite Doctors that Moffat has ruined.

Isn't Peter Jackson supposed to direct some episodes next season? Or was that youtube thing just a waste of money and time for all involved?

>Imagine a Jackson directed episode with a Gaiman script that isn't restricted by BBC childrens' contests.
>>
ffs still no torrents out there?
>>
File: johnny creeks.jpg (45 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
johnny creeks.jpg
45 KB, 620x372
>>64358629

>tfw a single season of Johnathan Creek has had more genuine mystery/puzzlement for the audience to work out on their own than Sherlock has in its entirety

The pilot of Sherlock actually had some problem-solving for the cheapseats at home, but there's absolutely no doubt that now Sherlock's just an action-adventure show where you're supposed to enjoy the ride.

I mean, was there ANY way we, as the audience, could have deduced the culprits behind the murders? Maybe in some way cause I did guess a couple things right, but there was no fucking way I would have guessed there was some kind of cult of purple KKK members ritualistically marking the next man for death. There was no mystery behind it, Sherlock just used his smart people magic and suddenly knew what to do and who to blame.
>>
>>64357887
>>64357995
Yup are aware that happened in sherlocks head
>>
>>64358383
LMAO
>SJW's are evil, they just complain all the time about everything
>WHAT?! A NON-WHITE CHARACTER? THIS IS SHIT FUCKING SJW'S LIBERAL CULTURE

These people are fucking idiots on either 'side'
>>
>They must have buried it underneath
>precedes to start digging more
>dead corpse rises
What the fuck was this all about? I couldn't make anything out of this.
>>
>>64358578
Yeah dude just take enough opiates till you nod.
>>
>>64357026
Dude, the suffragette movement in Victorian London was kind of intense
>>
File: Calo Redguard.jpg (60 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
Calo Redguard.jpg
60 KB, 297x297
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0390wnv/sherlock-the-abominable-bride
>>
File: EGO.png (442 KB, 468x501) Image search: [Google]
EGO.png
442 KB, 468x501
>>64358794

I think that might have just been a joke video.

I'd be up for it, honestly. I'd imagine because he's a big-time director (as well as a guest) the BBC couldn't push him around as much as they do with their regulars so at least he'd probably have more creative control over an episode. Now whether that'd be a good thing is up for debate since it's modern Jackson, but I can't imagine how it'd be any worse than shit like pic related.
>>
>>64358827
The reflection shit was obvious if you know anything about mentalism.

Just like it was obvious that his wife killed him. Nobody went in, the doors and windows were locked aside from the one they broke.

The cult didn't even have anything to do with the story aside from as a soapbox for Moffat to appease feminists. The wife could have easily been a copycat, and the ghost bride could have been helped by whoever watched over the morgue, to both secure a corpse and sneak her back in.
>>
Tumblr right now is kicking up a fuss cause of fat jokes

"there is no place for me in that world, except as the butt of a vile joke, I am done with the series"

Quote my sister just read out to me
>>
>>64358827
Everything about Jonathan Creek was a wild ride until he remembers some trivial detail that links up the whole case with some Batman '66 logic
>>
>>64357668
God I fucking hate reddit so much.
>>
>>64358992
The only way I'd moderately accept that character is if she were Romana.

>Joke video
Ugh, they already made Five(ish) Doctors, isn't that enough?

Jackson has stated numerous times throughout his career that he is a big fan of Doctor Who, so I don't think he wants to upset the fandom.

I also feel like he approached The Hobbit completely different than LOTR. I think a fresh fandom to work with will give him a good boost.

He can do sci-fi if paired with someone decent, or he is put into the role of producer.
>>
>>64359026
i just saw someone on twitter having a go at moffat for "mansplaining feminsim"
>>
File: fraser.jpg (32 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
fraser.jpg
32 KB, 540x720
>>64358899

He was high and everything happened on the plane in his "mind palace."

I think the only real part was when he landed, then he imagined himself back in the 1800's, then he imagined himself going back to his time and digging up a grave, but he wasn't REALLY there, then he imagined himself going back to the 1800's a third time (even though he had no reason to imagine himself digging up the grave because fuck-all happened).

I wish they could just write an episode. That's all I'd want out of Sherlock.
>>
>>64359026
>my sister
Are you sure it wasn't your wife's sister you fucking cuck.
>>
any torrents out?
>>
>>64359026
i just saw someone on twitter say fat Mycroft was some inside fandom joke. If so, his weight is all tumblr's fault
>>
>>64359166
I still don't get it.

What was the "Miss me?" message about? If Moriarty was dead, why was there a message from him?
>>
>>64359224
wondering the same thing.
>>
>>64359026

The fat thing I actually completely forgot about. I was too busy being triggered by how shit the episode was overall.

It didn't even occur to me that people would find that offensive as I watched it, I had already been blind-sighted by everything else. But I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that tumblr's focusing on the most arbitrary parts of a programme.
>>
>>64359026
Kek

Moffat should know better

If you're going to write a show for the Tumblr crowd, make damn sure every possible minority is lovingly showered with praise during it
>>
Sherlock The Abominable Bride HDTV x264-TvD
&
Sherlock The Abominable Bride 720p HDTV x264-FoV

start googling guys
>>
>>64359168
Why would that make him a cuck

Surely if he's with his wife's sister, then his wife is the cuck
>>
>>64359290

>>64359290

It's a callback to the end Season 3 where Moriarty returns and says "Miss me?" on TV screens across the country. But at the end of THIS episode, Sherlock confirms that there's no way Moriarty is alive, so the Miss Me message is linked to some bullshit we have yet to discover.

So strap in, because I think the next season is going to go full Nostradamus-tier in how Moriarty is gonna fuck with Sherlock despite being dead. Which is horrible, because without a doubt the worst thing about the show is how Sherlock, Moriarty and the other "smart" characters are able to predict things like some kind of omniscient deities.

They have five fucking characters like this, as well.
>>
>>64359603
>>64359224
https://kat.cr/sherlock-the-abominable-bride-720p-hdtv-x264-fov-ettv-t11842623.html
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.