[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Darth Vader just appear as a force ghost and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: untitled.jpg (13 KB, 264x324) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
13 KB, 264x324
Why didn't Darth Vader just appear as a force ghost and tell Kylo Ren him that avenging Darth Vader isn't what he would have wanted?
>>
>>64354294
Ren knows Vader turned to the light side and considers it a momentary lapse in his judgement.
>>
File: poetry6.png (141 KB, 264x324) Image search: [Google]
poetry6.png
141 KB, 264x324
ftfy
>>
>>64354294
That would have put an interesting spin on the story.
>>
>>64354404
HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THIS
>>
>>64354404
Ren basically views Vader as a father figure who one day lost his shit and killed his spouse in a murder-suicide.
>>
>>64354469
I WATCHED THE MOVIE, FAGGOT
>>
>>64354404
But he's dead and immortal and so if it was momentary he could come back and say "It wasn't or I would have realized it was by now"
>>
>>64354469
It was in the novelization.
>>
>>64354294
Snoke is vaders body animated by sheev or pelagius.

Why would Ren listen to a ghost when the real thing is in front of him?
>>
>>64354527
Seems kind of important to leave out of the movie
>>
>>64354469
The novelization is alot better than the movie from what I hear.
>>
>>64354556
Only autists on /tv/ think of this kind of stuff
>>
>>64354537
I honestly believe this, it makes a lot of sense, he is competing with the blonde hitler fuckboi's affection for Vader they both want to be fucked by him
>>
"I will finish what you started"

I will continue doing what you did until you turned into a pussy and went back into the light.

Hence he wouldnt care if Vader told him this
>>
>>64354406
Fuk off fagit
>>
>>64354294
Because JJ has Anakin and Vader as two separate force ghosts now, Vader is corrupting Kylo
>>
Why the fuck the Empire does not build a Ghostbusters type Proton buster and just suck all the Jedi force ghosts to make the most powerful light saber with trapped ghosts of Yoda, Vader and Obi-Wan attached to the blade KYlo ren would become so powerful no one would defeat him??
>>
>>64354294
Force ghosts are not objective realities. Only Luke and Yoda could see them.
>>
File: 1429220107014.png (368 KB, 945x574) Image search: [Google]
1429220107014.png
368 KB, 945x574
>>64356481
Because harold ramis is dead and was the brains of the Ghostbusters. First order cannot recreate egons genius.
>>
>>64354294
Because the OT is not canon anymore. Vader momentarily fell from the Dark side.
>>
>>64354294
Because of shit writing?

It makes no sense for Ren to adore Vader or join the dark side at all. There are no motivations or motives he could have. Anakin wanted to save Padme. No way the come up with something that's half as reasonable. They probably don't even bother.

No idea why people love this shit movie so much, especially people from NeoGAF.
>>
>>64356942
It's because Han and Leia are turbonerds and Ren knows it
>>
>>64354294
Maybe he can't.

It's possible, in the 30 years between Return and Awakens, these ghosts have left the mortal realm.

It's also possible that only Luke can see these ghosts. When Leia comes by, she doesn't seem to notice the ghosts. Nobody else seems to see them, either.

Also possible that Anakin's ghost appears to Kylo Ren, but Kylo ignores the ghost. In the movie, Kylo talks about purging himself from the weakness of the Light Side. It's likely he views Anakin as weakened and defeated by the Light Side. Thus, while he idolizes Darth Vader, he feels absolute hate toward Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>64354294
>Why didn't Darth Vader just appear as a force ghost and tell Kylo Ren him that avenging Darth Vader isn't what he would have wanted?

This has been the question I've been asking since watching the film. BRAVO JJ HACKSON
>>
>>64354294
Considering Kylo was trained by Luke and knew about Anakin and how he was his grandfather wouldn't you think Luke told him about Anakin turning back to the light side and feeling bad about what became of him before he died? What's the deal with Kyolo saying he'll finish what Vader started when Vader regretted everything before he died?
>>
>>64357209
Like Obi-wan before him, he left out the part where he has a change of heart
>>
>>64354294
I'm assuming since the OT there's some rift in the force
Luke's absence is probably causing and/or in response to him being the sole concentration of living force on the light side

I'd bet a million dollars that force ghosts will return in the next movie and it will be a major plot point regarding luke. Either he has been regularly meeting with Yoda/Ben/Anakin or they've been gone and their return will be a major occasion
>>
According to the Old EU, force ghosts could only be force ghosts for a small amount of time, so much for immortality
>>
>>64354294
>>64357124

The cosmic force was dormant, which meant that force ghosts couldn't propagate. Now that it reawakened, you should see more ghosts
>>
>>64357289
Are jedi just fucking retarded? It's like they bring all this shit on themselves.
>>
>>64357297
Was it? It's clear Luke and Kylo and Snoke and others were able to use the Force. I mean, Luke was training Jedi between movies.

I still think Kylo wouldn't even listen to the ghost of Anakin.
>>
>>64357297
>The cosmic force was dormant,

Nice bullshit you just made up faggot.
>>
>>64357352
There is a difference between the Living and Cosmic force. Cosmic is like seeing the future and force ghosts. The Living force is the power a Jedi has
>>
>>64356558
Leia and Han can see them at the end of ROTJ. Ewoks too.
>>
>>64354294
It took four ghosts and time travel magic to convince Scrooge. Jacob Marley alone wasn't able to convince him to change his ways.
>>
How did Snook even sneak into a secret Jedi training area and just whisper "join the dark side" into Kylo Ren's ear? Where did he even come from? Did he just learn evil dark side powers on his own? Why does he make his hologram so big, seems kinda insecure as a smart person he should realize it just makes himself look insecure, right?
>>
>>64354294
because it is....Ren went to the Dark Side to get close to Snoke so he could kill him. Finish the job Anakin started and defeat the dark side.
>>
>>64354572

Can I read it and pretend there are no niggers in space?
>>
>>64357394
I've never heard this in the movies. What's this from?
>>
>>64354404
He's been Anakin Skywalker longer than he was Vader so the opposite is true. Becoming a Sith was a momentary lapse in judgement.
>>
>>64357454
>Why does he make his hologram so big

It'd be hilarious if he turns out to be Yoda sized.
>>
>>64357379
Go watch the canon clone wars show faggot. Qui Gon explains it to Yoda
>>
File: 1433732036111.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1433732036111.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
>>64356481

>A giant force ghost powered lightsaber
>>
>>64354556
The scene that it happens in would not even take 5 minutes and would give some much needed development to both Kylo and Snoke, it should have been in the film.

That and the scene with the senate talking about what the fuck was going on in the universe.

They could have cut the rathtar scene for this and the film would have been better.
>>
>>64357473
Clone Wars tv show
>>
>>64357461
Have you looked at a book? Almost all of them are black on white. Every word is a nigger!
>>
>>64356558
Obi wan learned how to become a force ghost along with yoda from qui-gon...
>>
>>64357562
It's basically black words cucking all the white space
>>
>>64357648
How did Anakin do it? Obi Wan wasn't actually there to teach him. And Sheev wasn't able to do it either. Was he just that powerful?
>>
>>64354406

Good post friend ----!
>>
>>64354469
It's in the novelization.

Also, Abrams has come out and said it publicly. He says it's part of the reason why Ren is so worried about being seduced by the light. He thinks that's what happened to Vader and caused his failure.
>>
>>64357289
>Ben, did I ever tell you about the time your grandfather all of the sudden threw Sheev down a well?
>I did? I guess I should've told you he did it because Sheev is evil and the dark side is evil and I was pretty much getting electrocuted to death by dark powers
>Maybe my younglings would still be alive lol
>Oh yes and he was a good friend but not always such a good dad
>>
>>64358694
Technically speaking, it kind of was.

The dark side would have obliterated the rebellion and the light had Vader not decided "Fuck it" and killed the emperor.
>>
>>64356942
He's a fucking emo git going through a rebellious phase, just like most kids, only in this family that means slaughtering at least on village minimum.
>>
>>64357454
>How did Snook even sneak into a secret Jedi training area and just whisper "join the dark side" into Kylo Ren's ear?
>Why does he make his hologram so big, seems kinda insecure as a smart person he should realize it just makes himself look insecure, right?

He's a literal manlet. Finger sized.
>>
>>64354420
THATS A GOOD TRICK
>>
Snoke and that orange lady are related somehow aren't they
>>
>>64359732
Snoke is her mother
>>
>>64359151
Except the Death Star was going to blow no matter what. The emperor could have escaped but the Death Star was done no matter what
>>
>>64357516
this is a major problem with the movie, characterization and exposition J.J. fucking sucks at it
>>
File: Jebi Force.jpg (23 KB, 264x324) Image search: [Google]
Jebi Force.jpg
23 KB, 264x324
>>64354294
Vote Jed!
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.