[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snowpiercer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: snowpiercer.jpg (86 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
snowpiercer.jpg
86 KB, 486x720
What went wrong, /tv/?
>>
>>64352315
ehrm... nothing?
>>
The people at back of the train fucked up everything
>>
The cannibalism reveal
The run time
The big bads motivation
The shootout across the train cars.
I could go on.
>>
>>64352420
Like the poors IRL
>>
>>64352465
>The cannibalism reveal
Excuse me?
>>
>>64352482
Chris evans ate babies. Watch it again.
>>
>>64352513
It's been a while, after I posted and thinking back for a while I remembered. I don't really remember the motivation though.
>>
tl;dr this movie is a lesson about how the poor and unedcuated masses need to be kept in control with hard labor and poor quality food so that they don't recognize their superior numbers, turn on the elite and ruin everything in society.
>>
>>64352563
What makes this movie different from, say, a movie like Elysium?
>>
crashing this train
>>
>>64352465
>cannibalism reveal

Did you not like it at all or did you just think it wasn't done right?

I'm on board with the latter, it just seemed to drawn out. I knew where he was going with his story for what felt like minutes before he came out with it.
>>
>>64352631
>Elysium

because that movie made no sense. why didn't they builld medbays on earth?
>>
>>64352799
>why didn't they builld medbays on earth?
It was over crowded, people dying left and right was the only thing keeping the population in check.

But yeah, it is kind of stupid. Especially since every single person on the station seems to have one in their house, so why would they also need an army of drop ships loaded with the things?

And if there is no limit on their use, why not lease them out?
>>
>>64352315
>What went wrong, /tv/?
The initial pitch, desu
>>
>>64352799
You wouldn't put a state of the art cancer treatment center in a ghetto, the rich don't live there.

The poor would've fucked it up anyway. I guarantee within minutes of them being in Elysium no less than three of them tagged the medical pod and one of them shit on the floor next to a toilet.
>>
>>64352315
>From "Visionary" Director
It's right there on the poster.
>>
>>64352739
The former. It didn't need to be in the movie at all.
>>
>>64352631
Visually interesting, and one fantastic scene with an axe fight.
>>
It was good. Although their reaction to their food being made out of bugs was dumb. Out of all the things in the movie, that's the thing that shocked the main character.
>>
The kindergarten singing scene when on for way too long.
>>
>>64353434
>pregnant teacher shot in the face
It was a good set up and pay off.
>>
It's enjoyable until the end where it got too serious for its own good and had to really hit you over the head with metaphors.
>>
>>64352315
The ending where the woman and the niglet get eaten by a polar bear and humanity is lost forever.
>>
>>64352315
>What went wrong, /tv/?
The premise is stupid.
Nobody checked if earth was livable? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.
>>
>>64353560
Better that than humanity as a whole being BLACKED
>>
This was such a cookie cutter plot the story could've been set anywhere and it'd be the same

>giant train
>giant space station
>giant boat
>etc
>>
Why was the protag willing to fuck everything up for the sake of that one dindu kid?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.