[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Lincoln letter really a fake? Or was he just trolling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 600x400
Was the Lincoln letter really a fake? Or was he just trolling people? If it was fake then why the instinctive extreme reaction to it getting spit on?
>>
DUDE BBC LMAO
>>
desu I wasn't paying enough attention
>>
>If it was fake then why the instinctive extreme reaction to it getting spit on
He didnt have an instinctive reaction. You actually seem him think about it for a second before hitting her. He had to do what someone would do if that was a real Lincoln letter to maintain the ruse
>>
Why did Minnie invite the Mexican in her haberdashery and treat him like everyone else? I thought she hated Mexicans?
>>
>>64350930
Yeah, there's a brief but noticeable pause.
>>
>>64350932
He had 75% of his face covered and he never talked to her. That guy honestly didnt even look mexican
>>
Why did Goggins suddenly fall down, only to get back up minutes later?
>>
Good to see I'm not the only wan that thought warren was the main villain in the movie.

Poetic justice that he got his dick & nuts shot off for that gay blojob story.
>>
>>64351011
Convenient story telling. It was pretty lazy writing desu
>>
If the Lincoln Letter wasn't a fake then there would be no point to it. It's purpose is to illustrate how deceitful Samuel L Jackson's character can be. It also adds ambiguity as to whether the DINGUS story is true.
>>
>>64351052
You're the only one in this thread who thinks he was the "villain". Do you honestly think this movie had a "villain"? All the characters were supposed to be irredeemable scum besides Kurt Russel and the driver who die first. As far as the antagonist, that was clearly the woman (fuck if I remember her name)
>>
>>64351167
I think it was Daisy, not 100% sure though.

Yeah, this guy's right though, they're all a bunch of scumbags. Samuel L. might've been the main character, but not the protagonist
>>
After the coffee was poisoned, why didn't the gang just shoot Warren instead of surrendering? They had guns hidden everywhere and outnumbered him
>>
>>64351052
>Poetic justice that he got his dick & nuts shot off for that gay blojob story.

Nice that Taratino points out how Warrens' own racism and projection puts him on par with the southern general.

It really sets up Warren as the most h8ful of the 8.

Esp if you add up all the innocent men, women & children he burned in the name of racism.
>>
>>64351084
I had a feeling that story was false too. My buddy keeps telling me that in the leaked script it said "the old man knew in his heart it was true" but I had this feeling it wasn't
>>
>>64351313
None of them wanted to die, if they did everything right they might have made it out with none of them dead
>>
>>64351313
Who cares? You're all acting like this should be some master piece. You could pick this movie apart all day, it just an enjoyable piece of gory whodunit. 7/10 at best, would watch again
>>
>>64351242

Major Warren was definitely NOT the protagonist.

Tarantino almost wanted you to cheer when warren got a shotgun to the balls and his "justice"
>>
>>64351011
blood loss
>>
>>64351379
then why didn't jody shoot warren from under the floorboards
>>
>>64351367
obviously the old man would think that, he tried to shoot warren.
>>
>>64351535
he did..
>>
>>64351654
but why didn't he do it earlier
>>
File: michael_moore_ap_img_0.jpg (206 KB, 1440x907) Image search: [Google]
michael_moore_ap_img_0.jpg
206 KB, 1440x907
>>64351535
>>
>>64350932
Face was covered
>>
why didn't they just shoot the hangman while his back was turned and he was hammering the floorboards onto the door
>>
>>64351678
Why would he?
>>
>>64351011
he adrenalized himself with his "muh daddy" speech
>>
>>64351678
Once Warren lined everybody up at the wall. That is when Jody should have appeared and blasted Warren and Mannix. Roth still has a gun and could shoot them also.
>>
>>64351723
Then the movie would only last two hours instead of a sleep inducing three
>>
>>64351863
>sleep inducing three
Really? The movie flew by for me, it didnt feel long or drawn out at all. Maybe you just have an exceptionally short attention span?
>>
What happened to Minnie's cat?
>>
>>64352148
The stew, my friend, remember it was tasting nothing like Minnie's usual stew?
>>
>>64351435
>Major Warren was definitely NOT the protagonist.

If I was Mannix at the end, there would be no way I'd trust Warren.

Warren has already shown he's just trying to bait and kill white people over and over again.

Esp. the burning of the innocent people.

Fuck, I would have shot warren myself just so he doesn't shoot me first.
>>
File: questioning elf man.jpg (8 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
questioning elf man.jpg
8 KB, 250x249
Why did Joe poison the coffee when it was clear that Warren was drinking brandy?

Why didn't the gang take the hidden guns and try to get he drop on Warren and Mannix, the minute the poison kicked in? Why did they allow themselves to get captured?

Why did that faggot in the basement wait until after Samuel L shot the Mexican to shoot him in the dick?

Why didn't he immediately finish off Samuel L when he was injured and on the ground?

Why did the gang kill Minnie's entire staff instead of just posing as lodgers?

How did two well versed bounty hunters not recognize a single member of a notorious gang, despite the fact that they weren't wearing any disguises?

Why did they offer a deal to one old man, but not the other?

Why didn't they just get rid of the bloody chair?

Why did they put a fucking Mexican in charge?
>>
>>64352667
>Why did Joe poison the coffee when it was clear that Warren was drinking brandy?
cause killing warren wasn't the goal, John Ruth was the target

>Why didn't the gang take the hidden guns and try to get he drop on Warren and Mannix, the minute the poison kicked in? Why did they allow themselves to get captured?
they didn't want a shootout, the only reason english pete shot was because jody shot first

>Why did that faggot in the basement wait until after Samuel L shot the Mexican to shoot him in the dick?
autism

>Why didn't he immediately finish off Samuel L when he was injured and on the ground?
again autism and convenient storytelling

>Why did the gang kill Minnie's entire staff instead of just posing as lodgers?
so they could take over the haberdashery without minnie getting in the way

>How did two well versed bounty hunters not recognize a single member of a notorious gang, despite the fact that they weren't wearing any disguises?
they've never seen them, just heard rumors

>Why did they offer a deal to one old man, but not the other?
The confederate guy only just got there, he didn't care about sweet dave or the rest so he was more likely to agree to their terms

>Why didn't they just get rid of the bloody chair?
Where would they put it?

>Why did they put a fucking Mexican in charge?
so they can be comfy while the mexican does everything
>>
>>64352220
the enemies of mine enemy is mine compatriot until we both bleed to death.

Remember Warren called him over and gave him a gun because he almost drank the coffee, at that point Warren knew he was on the even. Plus he was the law. He needed a reason.
>>
>>64352667
in the original script, before Q had to change it, Warren gets shot to shit and dies, and then the sheriff gets shot a bunch of times, there's some good ole talky time because he's buying time then he out guns the others. it's basically they're trying to kill him and he's shooting and shooting and shooting until they're all dead, then he, shot to shit, goes to the bed, gets a bottle of brandy and starts to drink as he bleeds out. this thing of the both of them dying together is new.
>>
Let's be honest, this movie was very "meh". There was like 2 hours of exposition. That's more than an entire movie's worth of only diologue and setup. Also, what's with Tarentino and gay rape scenes? I have a feeling that he was Fogle'd as a kid.
>>
File: B^U.jpg (7 KB, 186x213) Image search: [Google]
B^U.jpg
7 KB, 186x213
>>64353846
>meh
>>
>>64353846
>There was like 2 hours of exposition
how did you feel about Resevoir Dogs?
>>
>>64350990
Oh he's very much mexican and a pest in mexican cinema.
>>
>>64355240
I liked it, because it had mystery and suspense. Hateful Eight was merely setting up the story, we didn't even know that there were people in the group who were trying to help the girl escape until about 2 hours in, when the coffee poisoning happened.
>>
>>64355590
>we didn't even know that there were people in the group who were trying to help the girl escape until about 2 hours in
thee scene in the stables with Bob didn't tip you off?
>>
>>64350819
Of course it was fake, he said so himself.
>>
>>64350932
Warren made that up she didn't really hate Mexicans that was the only way to get Bob to give himself away as a liar.
>>
This movie works so much better when you realise that the characters are all already dead and the cabin represents purgatory
>>
>>64351074
oh yeah you should know all about story writing huh? fucking mutt.
>>
>>64351167
Obi was the only neutral character everyone else is a POS even Kurt, sure he sypathises with Warren about blacks not liking being called niggers anymore but when he finds out Warren is lying about the letter his true racist self comes out.
>>
>>64355980
>racist
You mean realist
>>
>>64355980
>doesn't like dishonest people
what a cunt
>>
>>64355980

Goggins was the best character, he was the only honest one.
>>
>>64356026
okay kid
>>
>>64355980
Tino went a little overboard making Minnie and her crew "likeable"

I also find it hard to believe that they didn't pass the NZ girl around a few times before offing her.
>>
>>64352196
Did you see the movie? It tasted exactly Minnie's stew, that is how he knew she had been there recently
>>
At first I found Tim Roth playing Cristoph Waltz irritating, but then the performance grew on me. Why isn't he in more of Tarantino's stuff?
>>
>>64350932
He passes for Italian or Spaniard.
>>
>>64351987
>The movie flew by for me, it didnt feel long or drawn out at all

Obviously, you took a little nap also and missed quite a bit
>>
>>64356283
They're outlaws, not autists
>>
>>64356349
>Why isn't he in more of Tarantino's stuff?

Waltz or Roth?
>>
Does anyone still doubt that Tarantino is a cuck after seeing this movie?

>muh dingus
>>
>>64356523
I felt the same way. The movie really did not feel its length.

The wise release was ~20 minutes shorter than the 70mm though.
>>
>>64355654
Honestly I was half paying attention at that part, all I got was that he knew a little about the owner of the habadasherry (or however the hell you spell it)
>>
>>64356634
20 minutes includes the 15 minute intermission, though.
>>
>>64356543

>outlaws get tons of pussy while on the run

t. virgin white knight
>>
>>64356739
chalk it up to solid pacing then
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-01-16h33m08s187.png (235 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-01-16h33m08s187.png
235 KB, 720x260
The entire film was worth it just for the sappy scene where Daisy reunites with her brother.
>>
>>64356568
Roth, he's only in two of his movies.
>>
>>64357097
Three
>>
>>64356634
The intermission helped
>>
>>64350930
>>64350973

I thought that pause was to indicate his disbelief that someone would actually do that. We wasn't expecting it, and as such, paused in disbelief.
>>
>>64357690
>he thinks 4 rooms is a tarantula film

Oh fuck off faggot do you also actike True Romance is too when trying to one up your film buddies in flick school?
>>
>>64357775
Why can't it be both?
>>
>>64357872
>Reservoir Dogs
>Pulp Fiction
>Hateful 8
Three.
How embarrassing.
>>
>>64357922
This is the moment where i leave

*tips fedora*
>>
>>64357974
Don't leave anon
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.