[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretentious and fake: the film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
It's no wonder that this already shit board is filled with star shit now because you never had taste to start with, since you faggot hipster betas consider this the pinnacle of sophistication

It is fake snobbish wankery and it easily confuses retards like you into thinking you're watching or learning about something that has real culture but you're still just americunt trash
>>
the whole film is actually both a satire and tribute of bad european writing
>>
>>64349893
Wes Anderson's only real film
>>
>>64349966
Duh captain obvious, but its precisely that that makes people think they are somehow in on some highbrow joke when it's all a load of wank
>>
I don't think anyone at all considers this "the pinnacle of sophistication." It's pretty much just a goofy comedy with a strong sense of visual style. I loved it, but you don't have to be "sophisticated" at all to get into Anderson's work. He's very accessible
>>
>>64349998
It's his only bad film. Bottle Rocket, Darjeeling and The Life Aquatic shit all over it.
>>
>>64349998
Wes' worst.
>>
>>64349893
Of course its fucking pretentious and fake you fucking moron. That's a pretty blatant aspect of Anderson films.
>>
>>64349893

Watched for all the Stefan Zweig references, stayed for the comfy pre-WW1 setting
>>
File: 1246550180891.jpg (35 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1246550180891.jpg
35 KB, 441x408
>>64349893
>but you're still just americunt trash
Come, son. Sit on papa's lap and tell him what the big, bad Americans did to you.
>>
File: 1444224125555.png (318 KB, 540x525) Image search: [Google]
1444224125555.png
318 KB, 540x525
>>64350021
why precisely is it a load of wank? what about it is so bad? you can go around labelling things whatever you want, but unless you back up your reasoning, those labels are as empty and shallow as the things you try to criticize by calling them empty and shallow.
>>
>>64350021
pfff. text book projecting
>>
Just saw it like 15 minutes ago.

I liked it, but I did not think much more of it as a dark comedy with some gorgeous sets and the weird aspect ratio gimmick (Which i did not care for, to be honest. I thought it really did not add much to the film. Maybe if he filmed it similar to the styles at the time, sure, but just the aspect ratio?).
>>
It's goofy, but I think in a good way because of the emotional punch it carries after such a Grand adventure.
>>
>>64350784
>Maybe if he filmed it similar to the styles at the time

but he fucking did, anon. there were some literal buster keaton shots.
>>
>there people on /tv/ right now that did not think this was a masterpiece
gtfo plebs

>>64350209
this, Stefan Zweig = maximum comfiness
>>
File: snug pepe.jpg (81 KB, 503x318) Image search: [Google]
snug pepe.jpg
81 KB, 503x318
ive seen it 3 times

maximum comfort to be perfectly honest with you
>>
>>64350209
>>64350835
>>64351083
>>64351121
these lads know what's up. is there a more comfy film?

I think not
>>
>>64351336

I like Darjeeling Limited, giving all of it's faults, there's something so nice transfixing about the movie.
>>
i like how this film deals with life and death.
>>
>>64351894
Not maximum comfiness but a very high comfiness level regardless. The Life Aquatic was also top comfy-/core/.
>>
>>64351121
you want company there don't you faggot.
>>
its about as sophisticated as any one of those carry on films from the 70's. the photography is just an homage, the story is low brow at best, giving no deep insights and isnt even that entertaining. the actors that arent phoning in their performance, are hammy or are so bored by the script, that they are using the anderson vehicle to showcase their wackyness.
anderson is too feminine to be anthing of higher value.

and btw please stop saying comfy ffs.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.