[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just marathoned the first 43 seconds of this, is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 10073759A.jpg (49 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
10073759A.jpg
49 KB, 308x450
i just marathoned the first 43 seconds of this, is it any good?
>>
i dunno ive only seen the first 2 minutes and just saw people in monkey costumes lmao
>>
Well I'm 5 minutes in it and the monkeys get mad

Cool movie, bro.
>>
Just watched it last night, its fucking perfect
>>
I liked 2010 even more. 20-minute space fly-by shots did not impress me.
>>
it's very good, when you understand
>>
I'm like an hour in and it's monkeys wearing astronaut suits
>>
>>64349826
It's shit, there aren't even any space battles or nothing. It's boring me just talking about it.

I'm gonna watch the second one, its gots the guy from Jaws in it so you know something cool happens.
>>
To understand 2001, you must first understand that Kubrik was trained in photography. 2001 might as well be a mute film.
>>
>>64351460
Ugh. 2010 was not a bad film but it paled in comparison to 2001.

I do understand your point, though.

2001 is a particularly enjoyable film if you like incredibly detailed sets, genuine *science* fiction, classical music, and Kubrick's impeccable taste in classical music interpretations.

This is perhaps one of my two or three favorite films of all-time.
>>
My favorite scene is the one after the intermission where the astronaut is checking something out on the ship, and he's getting close to some panel or something and then it goes to a close up of Hal, then it cuts to Dave in the control room and you can see the other astronaut go flying across a camera screen
>>
Visually it was stunning, the pacing was rather slow though. And fuck that mind fuckery ending. I feel like this is a movie you can only truly enjoy if you go see it in imax high as balls.
>>
>>64352226
That's what a lot of viewers did, over and over again, when it was originally released in the theaters.

But the slow pacing matched beautifully with the music.
>>
File: hal attack.gif (3 MB, 504x232) Image search: [Google]
hal attack.gif
3 MB, 504x232
>>64351764
Yeah. The way Kubrick uses sound and the way he has a bunch of long shots followed by those three quick cuts of HAL really shows the benefits of the slow pace throughout the film.
>>
This is one of the best movies ever, its about humans, evolution, technology, how tech reduces humans and also how it helps us...

You need to watch this.... Shut up, Sit down and watch it.... and grow your mind and as a person.
>>
Dave...
>>
The space shots in this film playing alongside the classical music were breathtaking
>>
There is no human element in the movie. Only the little video chat with his daughter which wasn't particularly notable and the fact that he got old. Other than that, it's "pretty" and the music sounds nice. So, obviously it's the greatest movie of all time.
>>
>>64352595

I think it is intentional. Hal 9000 shows more emotion than their human masters.
>>
Hal is emotionless.
>>
>>64351460
2001 = film
2010 = flick
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.