[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about The last samurai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
How do you feel about The last samurai?
>>
It drags when it has to deal with the politics
>>
Tom Cruise should have died in the last charge.
>>
>>64347727
good thing they picked a manlet like Tom Cruise to play a manlet warrior(a samurai)
>>
Both sides used guns.
>>
>>64347925
It's mainly inspired by Jules Brunet.
>>
Its very hollywoody at times but overall really good. Looks beautiful, string characters, good action, brilliant soundtrack.
>>
>>64347727
Great movie overall. Solid 7/10, may add or substract points if you are more fond on soundtracks or politics.
>>
I really liked it.
I'm white and maybe a little racist though so I never see a problem with these kinds of stories.
>>
>>64347727
The first one was better.
>>
>>64348290
kek
>>
>>64347982
>>
>>64347727
OP are you croatian?
>>
So did the samurai family just cuck up to tom because he was the only one there?
>>
>>64347727
GOAT tier film

Best historical heroic film in a long time.

No forced liberal agenda, no feminist retcons, no racial and minority actor quotas, no stupid forced shit like "war is bad" or America saves the day. Just an heroic story about brave men, with solid character arcs done with the utmost respect to the Japanese culture.

The connection with the Spartans in Thermopylae was majestic and it gives me chills every time. They knew they were going to lose by they gave their greatest fight and decided to die out of respect to their way of life and ideals.

Comfy as fuck
>>
>>64348397
Not at all. I'm obviously a buttblasted french who is assdestroyed because this movie is a ripoff from real events.
>>
>>64347727
Great film but Cruise is a total cuck in it
>>
Loved it when I saw it as a teenager, but cringed the last time I saw it. There are too many Hollywood tropes. His character is beyond ridiculous before his transformation. The parts about evolving as a person are still the most interesting though.
>>
>>64348671
>total cuck
>Kill a dude
>His wife has to tend your wounds
>His wife has to take you in her house
>His wife has to love you now
>You are now her samurai
>total cuck

Yeah,no.
>>
File: 1451548713865.jpg (30 KB, 522x593) Image search: [Google]
1451548713865.jpg
30 KB, 522x593
>>64348853
And the film was hugely popular in Japan. Literally a nation of cucks
>>
>raising your girlfriends kids
>>
File: 1451364728744.png (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451364728744.png
99 KB, 500x500
>>64347727
>Tom Cruise was the last samurai

why must Hollywood be retarded
>>
>>64349107
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Brunet
>>
>>64349107
But that's wrong though
>>
>>64349016
But I killed their father, that's an noncuck.
And I didn't pursuit the girl befor hand, vagina was not the reason for it, it was given to me later as a prize, not a forceable consequence.
And I got to use the killed father's cool armor.
And I can take the older son to war as a squire.
Na, raising the small one is a noncuck move. It gives too many benefits for the little responsability of converting one small child to YOUR culture, even.
You are the cuck anon.
>>
>>64349131
Literally nothing like the cringeworthy weeaboo shit Cruise is in
>>
>two Last Samurai threads on front page

Go to bed, Tom.
>>
My wife's kid liked it
>>
Best film ever, obviously.
>>
>>64348463
fuck off shitty knockoff Tommy vechicle btwn MI franchise shitstorm.
Forced agenda make up shit ignore history so Tommy can jump around with sword fagtard.
pls go kill urself faggot
>>
File: neo vee.jpg (47 KB, 600x995) Image search: [Google]
neo vee.jpg
47 KB, 600x995
>>64350145
What are you doing here?
>>
>>64348671
Lol cruise is the alpha in it
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.