[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which is the better volume?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: kill bill 1 and 2.jpg (388 KB, 852x615) Image search: [Google]
kill bill 1 and 2.jpg
388 KB, 852x615
which is the better volume?
>>
>>64347695
The one where she finally kills Bill
Even though it was cheap as hell. I mean the nigga had 5 steps, a sword available, glass, and she was sitting directly next to him. He could of done something with that, other than walk away like a bitch nigga.
>>
>>64347760
but he wanted to die...
>>
Daily reminder that she only got that role because Quentin wanted to lick her feet.
>>
>>64347760
he was ready tho
>>
>>64347695
One all the way
>>
>>64347795
>>64347854

I would of atleast slapped the hoe or something.
>>

2 is dogshit
>>
>we were all expecting vs Bill to be a bloodbath
>instead it's an emotional catharsis that doesn't end until well after Bill's heart explodes
>>
>>64347695

Vol 1
>>
>>64347822

The idea for the movie was thought up by Uma while filming Pulp Fiction.
>>
>Bill literally dies of a broken heart

BRAVO QUINTEN
>>
1. Pai Mei is the only good thing about 2.
>>
File: beatrix kiddo.jpg (290 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
beatrix kiddo.jpg
290 KB, 1280x720
>>64347822
like the entire character of The Bride was created by her. Quentin basically directed the movie she wanted.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (120 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
120 KB, 640x496
>>64347997

>This nigga never seen or read Lady Snowblood

Quentin basically copied it scene for scene
>>
>>64347695
Vol. 2 only because based Madsen
>>
1 might actually be his best movie

2 is one of his worst
>>
I really like the Kill Bill movies, but I like volume 1 the best. I think Kill Bill basically marks the end of Tarantino making great movies, I've been underwhelmed by everything he's released since.
>>
File: QuentermissionOvertino.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2407) Image search: [Google]
QuentermissionOvertino.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2407
>>64347695
Jackie Brown
Inglorious Basterds
Hateful Eight
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Django Unchained
Reservoir Dogs

all other lists are bait
>>
Vol 1 is better because of these songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQuEqwQ2I4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hwiCkU73NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thl_0ZIHJ_g

But Vol 2 opening with this song was a perfect choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TIu08u5EKQ
>>
>>64348048

I know Quentin rips off a lot of movies from the 60s and 70, but the idea of the bride, being left for the dead, the child, all that bullshit was Uma's idea. Quentin made the movie for her while ripping other shit.
>>
>>64348095
>Reservoir Dogs at the bottom
The real bait is your list.
>>
Volume 1 is better film upon first viewing because it's a wild ride and you don't really have much insight into what and why everything is happening. I love that you're just thrown in.

When that magic is lost, and you know why things are the way they are, it loses that edge and it's simply not as good as Volume 2.
>>
>>64348085
Not even Inglorious Basterds?
>>
>>64347695
Two is the better film, but one is necessary viewing before watching it.
>>
2 was better because of Bill's death.

Shit was tragic. Nigga hated himself.
>>
File: bill.jpg (51 KB, 540x789) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
51 KB, 540x789
>Bill died of a broken heart caused by his own selfish, murderous nature.

>Carradine died from a broken respiratory system caused by his own selfish, auto-erotic asphyxiating nature.
>>
>>64347695

1 is obviously a lot more interesting to watch, but 2 completes the story perfectly. Tarantino's last great film(s) imo.
>>
>>64348281
optometry
>>
File: based quentin.jpg (46 KB, 361x408) Image search: [Google]
based quentin.jpg
46 KB, 361x408
>>64348374
based quentin
>>
>>64348095
You forgot his best movie, so you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Whole Bloody Affair cut is great. I don't like comparing the two parts when the full combo version is better than either.

1. KB: Whole Bloody Affair
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Inglorious Basterds
All of his other films are meh or worse
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.