[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 680x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 680x377
Thoughts?
>>
GARBAGE
>>
It didn't generate dank memes.
>>
>>64347282
Bout to watch it right now

I'll come back with my thoughts
>>
>>64347282
Ahead of its time.
>>
I laughed
>>
>>64347331
do so, we'd all like to know your opinion
>>
It's shit, everything about it
>>
Interesting in that it seemingly shits on the very audience demographic that the Stars' body of work appeals to.
>>
>>64347436
>>64347306
What about it did you specifically dislike
>>
It's deeply unpleasant and un-entertaining, but I think it's one of the greatest American films of the last 10 years. It's like "Taxi Driver" for hipsters
>>
>>64347611

his peepee is tiny lol
>>
>>64347282
literally /tv/: the movie
>>
It was tough to sit through, but it's great. Is "Entertainment" on the same level?
>>
>>64347282
Favorite film of that year
>>
>tfw you are a well adjusted person who doesn't need to shield himself from emotion through humor and hipster irony
>>
>>64349169
I thought Entertainment was more aesthetically pleasing and the trajectory of the plot is pretty interesting but it didn't resonate with me the same way The Comedy did
>>
>>64349559
>tfw normies can't even grasp how lucky they are growing up in a relatively sane family
>>
>>64347282
A painfully accurate portrayal of a guy sucked into what Frankl refers to as an 'existential vacuum'. Also made me realize that I was slowly yet steadily heading there myself.
>>
Well, I watched it like I promised.

It was good. A very nice deconstruction, and satire of brash, edgy comedy that relies on cheap laughs, and shock to evoke some kind of feeling of belonging. Didn't really understand it at first, because i'm not well versed in NY hipster folk, but I can relate to trying to fit in, and doing things for attention, since I've known people like that.

Only criticisms I have about the movie is the overuse of close-up shots, and the length. This movie could of gotten it's point across in a shorter time-frame, and its long length suggest this was Oscar bait. It's also somewhat dated. Like you would of had to first be bombarded with the amount of "edgy comedies" first to really get the satire. But what the fuck do I know? I'm not actually a real critic.

8/10
Not the best movie I've ever seen, but probably the best movie of 2012 (I didn't really watch any movies in 2012).
>>
>>64352567
This
>>
>>64352567
>could of
Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>64347524
This. I was completely confused throughout the whole movie at all the satire they were directing towards people who enjoyed ironic humor, despite the fact that their whole career's were built on it. I still don't understand it.
>>
>>64352567
you're literally just spewing out shit

Dont fucking watch it, its shit and probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen
>>
1.boring
2.pretentious
3.about nothing
4.meanspirited
5.i dont know what 5 was going to be
>>
I find it hypocritical. Tim Heidecker made his name being a hipster doing hipster comedy. Now he like other hipsters don't like how mainstream hipster culture is so they shit on it? Yea not a hypocrite sure.
>>
>>64355279

>self-reflection and self-criticism are bad things
>>
>>64355335
It depends where the criticism comes from. If it truly is, what I did was cancerous then ok I applaud him. I don't buy that though. I think it's more like "Ah man everyone is a hipster now it's not cool and i'm not a special snowflake anymore time to shit on that culture"
>>
>>64347282
LEGENDARY
LEEEEGENDARY
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGENDARY Cartoon Network comedian Tim Heidecker's best performance.
>>
>>64355208
You seem to have the attention span of a goldfish, no wonder why you didn't get the movie.
>>
>>64355699
It's funny how obliviously pretentious you are.
>>
>>64355842
It's funny how you flaunt words you don't understand, like a retard badge of honor.
>>
It has one of my favorite scores of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYOr8TlnqsY
>>
I really liked the NO TIP jingle in the taxi.
>>
>>64356267
It takes a dictionary and about 5 seconds to understand the meaning of that word, which is something I did probably 8 years ago now.

Why so offended, anyway? Surely you should be happy another 'pleb' doesn't understand your little-known 'underrated' obscurist masterpiece, right?
>>
>>64356424
I just felt awkward and bad for the taxi driver. Empathy or something, I dunno. Though it was funny.
>>
>>64349169
It's really derivative and its existence almost cheapens the impact The Comedy had, honestly. It focuses on a sad clown/rhinestone cowboy dynamic and uses some mind-numbingly amateur motifs.
>>
>>64356611
>It takes a dictionary and about 5 seconds to understand the meaning of that word
Yet you completely misused not once, but twice. You must be some special kind of idiot.
>>
>>64357073
>mind-numbingly amateur motifs.
Elaborate.
>>
>>64357195
Uh, have you ever looked in a dictionary at the word pretentious before?

Your upset asshole sounds rather clueless about it, despite being quite a simple word to understand in spite of its connotations.

Maybe just give it a quick Google to make sure you understand it?
>>
>>64357475
>Uh, have you ever looked in a dictionary at the word pretentious before?
Yes, you keep misusing it, then quoting the dictionary, then acting confused. You're like a chimp trying to use a cellphone, it's great.
>>
>>64357521
You seem unable to provide a reason for why you feel this way. You'd think if you were correct it'd be pretty easy for you to.
>>
>>64357684
>You seem unable to provide a reason for why you feel this way.
Go read that dictionary and try to understand why you're misusing the word "pretentious". At this point, I think you're just replying for attention. That sweet, delicious attention.
>>
>>64357749
You're the one making the claims, it's up to you to prove them.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.