[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bypassed the compressor!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
I bypassed the compressor!
>>
>>64345734
MARY
>>
Why wouldn't there be an emergency switch to just turn the compressor off if it can be so dangerous?
>>
>>64345734
If she were in Empire, I'm sure she would've repaired the hyperdrive in 2 seconds flat.
>>
>>64345734
DUDE SPOILERS LMAO
>>
mental illness is no laughing matter
>>
what the fuck does it compress
>>
>>64346326
your mums gaping sex hole after im done with her
>>
>>64346326
Dude space lol
>>
That was such a weird beat

Like was it meant to be funny, impressive, endearing? I honestly couldn't tell
>>
>>64346227

Because her MarySuedom kept the ship from blowing up.
>>
>>64346388

how did the term mary sue come about?

Because Mary Sue surely does not sound like a Mary Sue at all.
>>
>>64346438
a fanfic which had a Mary Sue called Mary Sue.
>>
>>64346262
you're right. this was a main plot point in the movie. not even worth seeing it now that I know tgere a girl flying some sort of craft in the movie.
>>
>>64346554
Dude seriously...
You couldn't infer she was flying a craft just because she bypassed a compressor, stop with the spoilers ffs
>>
>>64345734
Such a misfired "joke", absolutely no one understood it.

Come to think of it, Daisy messed up pretty much all her lines, she always sounded too self-aware and jokey.
Why would you wire an inexperienced extra for the main role in one of the biggest movie franchises of all time?
>>
>>64346672
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
File: 1430981679717.png (11 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1430981679717.png
11 KB, 411x387
I legitimately don't understand what happened in that scene. She accidentally pulled out the component and fixed it? She intentionally removed it? How does pulling a piece of equipment out "bypass it"?
>>
>>64346438
It's comes from 60's/70's era Star Trek fanfics where a female author would write a self insert character who was hyper-competent and flawless in every way, stole Kirk and/or Spock's heart and then would die sacrificing themselves for the crew in a messiah-like manner. A particularly egregious example was named Mary Sue.
>>
>>64346704
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64346722

She literally ripped a piece of hardware from the system and that fixed everything because that's totally how engineering works..
>>
>>64346722
She clearly rerouted the wiring, and the bit she was holding was now superfluous wiring. I'm pretty sure the hyperdrive compressor wasn't just a tiny piece of wiring that could be held in your hand
>>
>>64346722
dumb frogposter
>>
>>64345734

oh god, I didn't realize how STUPID this movie was until I saw this thread.

Cannot unsee
>>
>>64346722
it's the wiring to the controls
say x-y-z

the ripping out is suppose to set it to the x-z part by taking out y

apparently the system defaults the actual fuel regulation if something happens to any of the control components
>>
>>64346854
This
Plus it's the kind of thing that she actually would be good at compared to Han. Chewie was always the mechanic. She's been ripping apart wired hardware her whole life
>>
ITT: cucks too autistic to realize Rey was the one who installed the compressor in the first place
> muhry soo
> muhry soo
> muhry soo
> muhry soo
> muhry soo
> muhry soo
>>
>>64347217
Also I should say that I'm totally on board with how stupid the presentation of it was. It just felt like such a weird moment. I had no idea what happened, how, and what we were supposed to feel about it. Anon mentioning "weird beat" is spot on
>>
>>64347384
it is suppose to be awkward because she didn't know it was the mf, so it is carried on into the i worked on the ship and know all about it joke
>>
>>64346175
SUE
>>
>>64346485

>Star Trek fanfiction invents the Mary Sue
>Star Wars fanfiction perfects the Mary Sue

It's like poetry.
>>
File: 3610156210290_600.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3610156210290_600.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
>>64347350

>Literally says junkyard guy put it in during the movie

>BUH BUH U KEKS MY HEADCANON IS REAL
>>
File: 372.png (144 KB, 392x324) Image search: [Google]
372.png
144 KB, 392x324
>/tv/ is too dense to realize that rey has probably been in the falcon 100 times
>>
>Piece of crap ship, the equivalent of a 1970s Plymouth, has been sitting outside of a junk shop for years untouched
>doesn't need space gas or fuel when you try to start it

BRAVO
>>
> tfw no jedi gf
just murder me please ;_;
>>
>>64347650
What do Star Wars ships even run on? I don't remember it ever being specified (EU fanfic doesn't count).
>>
QUADJUMPAH
>>
>>64347646
>it was real in my head
even if, the falcon was not turned on for years as she tells us by herself
>>
>>64347646
When did the movie say this? I must have missed this part.
>>
File: its twoo.jpg (54 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
its twoo.jpg
54 KB, 640x359
>>64345734
.........................huh.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.