[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else felt kind of disappointed? It's interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: h8ful 8.jpg (103 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
h8ful 8.jpg
103 KB, 720x1080
Anyone else felt kind of disappointed? It's interesting to just watch once but I wouldn't re-watch it. It's more like a theater play, most of it happens in one location.
>>
>>64345162

I've never liked his movies. They're edgy and autistic.

They're probably great if you're 14 years old.
>>
>>64345222
I liked Inglorius Basterds
>>
>>64345222
YEAH WELL SO IS YOUR MOM
>>
>>64345222
I think you had a point about the 14 year olds >>64345377
>>
>>64345162
That's basically what Reservoir Dogs was.

I loved it. Gory and funny as shit
>>
>>64345222
>uses the words edgy and autistic
>implies he isnt 14
only a teen fag would use those shitty 4chan meme words to begin with faggot
>>
It was good, but it's really a drawn-out short film. It really should have been 90 minutes top. Also, he showed his timidness by using 70mm for this film. Of all the films he's done, he chose the one with the least challenges. Ultimately the 70 was not rewarding in the least, and did nothing to advance the picture.
>>
>>64345987

Oh, I forgot to mention that I haven't seen it yet, this is just what I gather from the reviews, reading posts on /tv/, and the opinions of my friends. I might go see it tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'm right in my assessment.
>>
>>64345987
I didn't find it drawn out, actually I kind of didn't to end, whereas some like Django should of stopped after the giant gun shootout. As for the 70mm. It did its justice in the opening title sequence on the cross, as well for the limited vistas. For the majority shot in the lodge, the desaturated hues of colour made me feel as if I were watching something like High Noon or The Wild Bunch. Really gave me that sense of watching something in the 60's that didn't feel like a gimmick.
>>
>>64346195
...and let me add that this, next to Inglorious Basterds are the only films in Tarantino's second generation that I actually like. He took himself a bit more seriously and the score's sinister tone helped... Minus the black dingus thing. Funny scene overall.
>>
>>64345162
Yeah it's basically Resevoir Dogs set in the Old West with a bit of the blood, witch, & cabin of Evil Dead and the mystery of Once Upon A Time In The West.
>>
>>64345355

Best he's ever done, yeah
>>
>>64343934
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.