[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man was this beautiful or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (56 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
56 KB, 600x886
Man was this beautiful or what?
>>
>tfw people are getting frustrated with terry but knight of cups and to the wonder are actually his two most beautiful works
>>
>>64345123
>that strip club scene
>hollywood excess and nature imagery set to pithy voiceovers hnnggg

just gonna let this imdb review say it for me to be honest familio

>There are so many great elements in Knight of Cups only a few can be stipulated here:

>• Comparing deep personal problems to the largest possible context, for example shots of the atmosphere going over in shots of Rick's convertible. • Humanity finding his true salvation in nature, frequently a scene ends with a shot of rock formations (or the famous moving stones) in the desert, suggesting time, eternity and acceptance. • Christian symbolism: A whole scene in Las Vegas ends with a statue of an angel.

>Imagewise, it is his most accomplished movie: amazing shots of both nature and culture intersecting in a way that keeps haunting you; Lubezki's cinematography and Fisk's production design here at the height of their possibilities. One example: The allure of female beauty is brought to the screen so beautiful and intelligent it results in striking image after striking image: shoes, bodies, masks, ads.
>>
>>64345060

>Man was this beautiful or what?

B) or what

MALICK IS A SENILE OLD COOT
>>
>>64345381
confirmed pleb
>>
>>64345060
dude abstract surrealism and problems lmao
>>
>beautiful
>looks like it was shot on an iphone6
>intenese motion sickness as the camera constantly wafts around while the characters touch each other
>terry is so poor he cant afford a tripod

it was utter shite, get over yourselfs malickfags,
>>
>>64345610
you are the reason movies are just capeshit and remakes
>>
File: d20.jpg (39 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
39 KB, 420x420
>Banging hot sloots every week
>MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ISSSSSSSSSSSS EMPTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm a Malick fan but literally wat
>>
>>64345677
>waahhhh mommy the cinematography gave me a tummy ache

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Lubezki

absolute pleb
>>
Was gonna wait til theater but can't w/ daily discussion here. I'll still support him by seeing it, but man wtf is wrong w the business when this is allowed to happen.

Just got the 1.5 gig copy and it's obviously not up to watchable standards, hoping this 4.5 is.
>>
>>64345752
heres your reply you autist
>>
Begin
>>
>>64345686
I'm just shitposting man.Don't be so judgmental.

I was expecting a different narrative instead of the overall implied sense of loss and my ability to appreciate the movie may have been impaired by the fact that I was under the influence of substances at the time.
>>
>>64345924
I smoked a blunt to the head and was in a trance for the entire runtime
>>
>>64345060

Was it beautiful? Did it touch something visceral? Did it leave you with a feeling of having meditated for several hours?
>>
>>64345686
no, wankers like malick are the reason for that.
he is the godhead for the so called artsy or commercially artistic films (not to be confused with arthouse), of these days.
gone are the kubricks, altmans, bergmans and kurosawa's that got audiences in the cinema, made money and made good entry level cinema.

malicks last 4 films are the incoherent wankings of an artisically bankrupt filmmaker.

and one last thing, i love badlands and days of heaven (both being in my top 50), but malick has not brought anything of that quality to the screen in decades and it keeps getting worse.

enjoy your delusions.
>>
>>64345950
DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>64345123

Knight of Cups was great, but To the Wonder is by far his weakest effort.

You aren't a Patrician just because you see that everyone objectively thinks To the Wonder is his worst, so you try and find brilliance in it and convince yourself it's his best. You're a contrarian try-hard who has an inherent need to feel superior to others.
>>
>>64346239
TTRL is his best tho
>>
I didn't get anything about that "film." After watching it, I felt confused, and disappointed in myself that I let myself fool into thinking Malick has actually ANYTHING to say or doesn't just make masturbatory flicks that are all form and no substance.
>>
>>64346308
not really
>>
loved the conversation about call of duty and the wii party or tennis thing
>>
>>64346397
In my opinion it was.
>>
Is it out already?
>>
>>64346204
Yes, actually
>>
>>64346204
It definitely succeeded in sweeping me away and having me occasionally get lost in my own memories and experiences that related to the film while watching it. It hit something very primal for me.
>>
>>64345060
or what, in my opinion to be honest.
>>
>>64346280
You're retarded you faggot the movie wasn't about drugs, it was about a man finding the transcendent in meaningless excess. All that haunting female beauty present throughout the film, that's because it's the story of a person completely enamored with appearance and surface, with love experiences and not the real thing.

William Blake said "the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom", and it was a a stripper of all people that tells him he can be anything, that his mind makes his reality and the emptiness is and always was inside of him

Notice the solar imagery of the new morning in the last section, it symbolizes the dawn of a new person. The Being in all that becoming. This shit is Dionysian initiation: the movie
>>
watched it this morning, realized about half way through the moving pictures that I should have watched or done something else
>>
File: image.webm (3 MB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
image.webm
3 MB, 1280x540
>>64345060
I've seen better desu.
>>
>>64346288
so basically you have no experience with love and are probably a virgin living in your moms basement

good to know
>>
>>64346811
Philo baby 101. Way to show your age fag.
>>
File: 1451581069628.webm (3 MB, 940x397) Image search: [Google]
1451581069628.webm
3 MB, 940x397
>>64345060

is the butch bitch in the movie much?

would watch if so
>>
>>64347382

I am a virgin. I have been in love twice, and I live in my mom's loft.
>>
>>64346239
>the kubricks, altmans, bergmans and kurosawa's
THE LIST GOES ON!!!!
>>
>>64347771

Literally 5 mins
>>
It was like a two hour version of some pretentious Calvin Klein commercial.
>>
>>64345060
Yes. All of Terry's movies are god-tier and anyone who even thinks about disagreeing is a confirmed moron.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.