[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Do you have more respect for directors that write their own films/movies/flicks/kino?
>>
>>64342889
Yes, as long as they have final cut
>>
>>64342889
I can't respect any man that would be seen in public with sandals on.
>>
yes. this is why Kubrick will always be a hack.
>>
File: 1409956434659.png (15 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
1409956434659.png
15 KB, 473x454
>>64342931
>>
Not really.
Directors should focus on directing and making movies and leave the writing to a good stable of writers, as Hitchcock did.

Not only does it take these writer/directors years to make just one film, there is a hazard that the project is so much a one-man show everyone else just goes along with even bad ideas (Hateful Eight).
>>
Not really. I appreciate it, and it often results in a more cohesive product, but there can be an accomplished director who hasn't written a script in their life. Case in point: Jacques Tourneur.
>>
>>64342889
generally yes, but sometimes they start jacking off to their own "brillance" and sperging out over their great ideas of how the world works, see Lars von Trier with Nymphomaniac or Jim Jarmusch with Only Lovers Left Alive (still a good movie though)
>>
The Coen brothers have a great balance of that because they are two, they know when to cut off each other's bullshit unlike Tarantino and PTA

Directors that write their own flicks just by themselves tend to grow an unsustainable ego
>>
Generally yeah. I love the idea of a singular artistic vision. If someone is putting exactly what they want on the screen then I have a lot of respect for that even if it does turn out shit.
>>
YOU'VE GOT THE MUSIC IN YOU
>>
File: 8_4e6949bdecf6e.jpg (56 KB, 440x321) Image search: [Google]
8_4e6949bdecf6e.jpg
56 KB, 440x321
>>64342889
going from her to this
>>
>>64342889

That picture is so fucking nineties Smash Mouth started playing when I opened the thread.
>>
>>64342962
Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus, excepting.
>>
>>64344470
Maybe one day you'll understand what love is kiddo
>>
CAUSE IM JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BAY-BEE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.