[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colony Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: colony_castkeyart.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1260) Image search: [Google]
colony_castkeyart.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1260
What did /tv/ think of the pilot?

A new cliffhanger bait sc-fi mystery/drama by yours truly Carlton Cuse (boy, I sure know how to pick them), starring Sawyer from L O S T and the doc from Prison Break/Rick's wife from Walking Dead.

tl;dr: the story is set in LA several months after an invasion, during the occupation. Collaborators are staffing the secret police that keeps the populace under control. No one knows who the invaders are.. Aliens? Chinese? Time traveling future humans? LA is separated from the outside world by a huge wall. All government and military people have either been eliminated during the invasion or have collaborated, so there's no one left to resist. Josh Holloway is a former FBI and military that has managed to hide himself. Queue the pilot.

Listen, I know there's no story beyond season 1 and it will be written as they go, if it is successful and gets renewed. The pilot is intentionally full of what Cuse calls "mystery" and what I call intentional bait. The problem is, in 2016, when you get the whole season on Netflix instantly... is there a reason to take the bait and wait for crumbs of answers each week?

Still, I will most definitely watch it for my main man Josh Holloway. He is a really cool dude irl and deserve to finally make it in his own show. "Intelligence" sucked and did not do him justice.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRLW-qQLMQs

Pilot was released in December, show starts January 14th.
>>
Huh? First time I hear about this thanks Eko. Downloading the pilot now.

Fingers crossed for Josh to make it, he is cute, CUTE!
>>
File: colony.webm (633 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
colony.webm
633 KB, 1280x720
>>64342754
Enjoy.

This thing is in the pilot... spoiler-ish I guess
>>
>>64342914
Sheeeeeiiiiiit what is it?
>>
>>64342605
>>64342754
>>64342914
>>64342957
I'll watch it if you quit samefagging.
>>
File: 1285453199927.jpg (35 KB, 566x500) Image search: [Google]
1285453199927.jpg
35 KB, 566x500
>>64342957
It's bait, that's what it is.

>>64343000
You realize, you can see the number of posters in the bottom, right?
>>
>>64342754
>First time I hear about this thanks Eko.
>>64343047
>You realize, you can see the number of posters in the bottom, right?
I have a phone too.

Either way, I don't really mind Cuse for some reason. Lindelof always seemed like the baiting shitface out of that duo. The Strain started out great but it's not shit now because of stupid mystery shit.
>>
>>64343201
>find out about a new show
>thank the person who told you about it
>"samefag!!!!!"

Gog fucking damn it
>>
>>64343201
>I have a phone too.

Not everything is a conspiracy senpai. You need to chill. Half my threads sued to die with no replies, I never samefag.

Cuse and Lindeloff are both subscribers to JJ's "mystery box" approach to movies and shows. Where you present the viewers with a box or a mcguffin to keep them hooked while there is nothing in the post the whole time a.k.a. red matter in Star Trek and the rabbit's foot in Mission Impossible.

The Strain is based on books thoough, so they need to do that.
>>
>>64343340
>I never samefag
There's no shame in it. We've all been there when we find a cool show that /tv/ refuses to talk about. For the most part it's just refusal to let the plebs win. Somebody has to bring something of substance to this board.

>JJ's "mystery box" approach to movies and shows
This is sadly the new standard now. Just look at any indie "sci-fi" movie. Geek shit is in, and if you want your character study to get watched it's just common sense to throw in an ayy lmao angle.
>>
>>64343523
I don't think the constant baiting and cliffhangers can work anymore. You need additional approaches to keep the viewers interested. People will just get bored and switch the channel.

Either strong characters or at least some.. lets call them answers.

This has neither from what I can tell.
>>
>>64343610
>I don't think the constant baiting and cliffhangers can work anymore.
I get the exact same feeling. I really feel like this will be the year for the bottom to fall out of this fad. Or at the least, old fashioned drama will make a comeback.
>>
>>64343760
It's like they miss the problem completely just shuffling the story around and expecting another hit with the same premise while the audience has moved on to other interests
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.