[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>used to listen to Kermode >dropped off a couple of years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: tfw feminism.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
tfw feminism.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>used to listen to Kermode
>dropped off a couple of years back
>check up on him to see what he's been up to
>favorite film of 2015 is Inside Out
>doesn't even mention Sicario, Ex Machina, Slow West, Revenant, Hard to be a God, Macbeth, Beasts of no Nation, Bone Tomahawk or In the Heart of the Sea

Is he a pleb?
>>
He can only have one favourite film, anon.
>>
He had Godzilla in his top 10 last year.
>>
He fell down the "muh daughters" years ago, and he seems quite comfortable down there.
>>
>>64342345
Are you an idiot? I was talking about the fact that his top 10 films list doesn't include the most interesting films of the year.
Are you a pleb? Did you like Inside Out?
>>
the top 10 lists are bait, just listen to the normal reviews.
>>
He likes the macabre and is dutybound to like anything with a strong female presence.
>>
File: laff at 120 mph.jpg (34 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
laff at 120 mph.jpg
34 KB, 480x853
>>64342365
Jesus Christ. I made the right choice a couple of years back then
>>
>>64342395
isn't his wife like a militant feminist?
I do like Kermode though. I enjoy listening to the way he talks.
>>
>>64342375
Your post made no mention of a "top 10 films" list. You just said Inside Out was his favourite. Favourite is by definition, singular.

How are we supposed to reply based on things you didn't say? And you're calling other idiots?
>>
File: 4b0.png (81 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
4b0.png
81 KB, 825x441
>>64342312

>Failed director
>Thinks he is qualified to criticize anyone else
>>
File: dubs fail.jpg (11 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
dubs fail.jpg
11 KB, 225x224
>>64342443
Chill out sperg.
>>
>>64342312
>in the heart of the sea
>bone tomahawk
>revenant
>ex machina
are you a pleb?
>>
File: reddit.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>64342491
>implying 2 and 4 aren't at least 9/10
>>
>>64342461
Erm.....are you thinking Mark Cousins?
>>
>>64342564
They're fucking shit, you spacker.
>>
>>64342312
>Sicario, Ex Machina, Slow West, Revenant, Hard to be a God, Macbeth, Beasts of no Nation, Bone Tomahawk or In the Heart of the Sea
>17 year old "film buff" IMDB plebcore
Lmao
>>
>always disliked star wars
>new one has a female protagonist
>he loves it

surprise surprise
>>
>>64342630
>not me though, I like mature stuff like star wars

>>64342608
Here is your (You)
>>
B-but inside out was good anon?
>>
>>64342646
Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with him, when did he become a turncoat?
>>
>>64342312
>Sicario
Reviewed it positively
>Ex Machina
Reviewed it positively
>Slow West
Reviewed it positively
>Revenant
Not even out yet in the UK
>Hard to be a God
It came out when he was off so I don't know if he's seen it
>Macbeth
Reviewed it positively
>Beasts of no Nation
Reviewed it positively
>Bone Tomahawk
Don't think it even came out in the UK
>In the Heart of the Sea
Ron Howard makes mediocre movies
>>
>>64342650
Entry level "filmbuff" core is barely above Star Wars. May as well be praising Nolan and Tarantino.
>>
>>64342654
>good = best of the year

It was cookie cutter, lowest common denominator fedora-tipping garbage filled with stock characters, mediocre voice-acting and a boring script. But it somehow relates to assburgers or some shit and everyone applauds it because they can relate. Fags.
>>
File: hotheads btfo.png (84 KB, 424x480) Image search: [Google]
hotheads btfo.png
84 KB, 424x480
>>64342727

>"filmbuff"
>entry-level

Holy shit, buzzwording and implied special snowflake, that's pretty impressive anon.

>Tarantino
Pleb shit

>Nolan
Hothead pls leave
>>
>>64342780
Your entire list is pleb shit is the point. Hard To Be A God is the only non-"IMDB sensibility" movie you named.

The rest are 18-24 year old fodder.
>>
>>64342646
>>64342672
He's become a complete pussy. Whenever any SJW-tainted emails come in he's always like "thank you for your well argued comment blah blah blah" half of them bitch about male-gaze and the Bechdel test and other once Internet-only terms that seem to be leaking out into real life without anyone questioning them. I'm pretty sure half the correspondence for the show comes from Tumblr users now, hoping to pick a fight.

I remember once a man wrote in complaining about how men are depicted as complete retards in movies so women can be smart and both Mark and a good chunk of the listenership were like "well that's obviously wrong and I'm almost offended anyone would even think such a thing"

He's the same type of person who would say "yeah she's a Mary Sue but it's okay because she's a girl". I guarantee there's going to be some correspondence about the Mary Sue thing at some point. It will be a response to what people have been saying on the internet as opposed to anything that's been said on the show.
>>
>>64342312
The only issue here is that Inside Out is the best film ever made, not just the best film of 2015
>>
>>64342312

He's always been a pleb. He's a pleb that other plebs think is patrish because he has the same pleb taste and speaks in a british accent. He has the taste of a 14 year old.
>>
>>64342835
You really think that if you pretend to like arthouse stuff you're gonna look cool aren't you?

>>64342852
Well fuck him then. Pussy-ass wimp.
>>
File: baiting.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
baiting.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>64342873

>>64342878
Yeah, I agree. I had shit tast 5-6 years ago when I used to watch him.
>>
>>64342835
I can't like it if more than 100 people on the planet like it: The Post
>>
>>64342908
Okay so you are 18 then. Now I know why you're getting mad that a film critic is praising films aimed at adults rather than the "Tarantino audience".
>>
I think his reasoning in putting it in the Number 1 spot was to emphasise, as he himself said, that we are currently living in a Golden Age of animation. Hence why there are 3 animated films in the Top 10, although I would have put SotS as Number 1.
>>
File: vlad the implier.png (318 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
vlad the implier.png
318 KB, 475x500
>>64342980
>implying you're more than 19
>implying that you have the mentality of an adult
>implying you're not just using pseduo-patrician mayamays
>>
>>64342980
Holy shit, you've been shitposting that other anon for 20 minutes, at least tell us what you like.
>>
>>64343012
He keeps talking about it getting the Best Picture Oscar for some reason, even though it's never going to happen
>>
>>64342968
It's not about the number of people, it's about the class of people. If a film is able to be enjoyed by people who don't have extensive training in cinema then it is objectively worse art than something that only those sophisticated about the medium can enjoy.

You should wonder why you're enjoying the same movies as 17 year olds who have only paid attention to the medium for a few years. Someone with years of experience of high level culinary appreciation isn't satisfied with McDonalds.
>>
>>64343067
>talking about it getting the Best Picture Oscar
I mean even getting nominated for it
>>
>>64343024
>implying you're more than 19
This isn't /v/. You're not on your hugbox of teenagers.
>>
>>64343082
Life must be fucking terrible 4u, having to force yourself not to enjoy stuff you like because it's below you.
Come to think of it, it's actually funny, letting redditards and imdbfags inadvertently decide what you like and what you don't like.
>>
>>64343161
>implying people who come here from /v/ don't just shitpost or b8

Hello reddit
>>
>>64342312

>MUH SCREENERS

I bet you haven't seen any of the movies in his top 10 you ultra plebian
>>
>>64343224
>letting redditards and imdbfags inadvertently decide what you like and what you don't like.
The filmmakers are the ones who decide whether they're going to enable the IMDB/Reddit sensibilities. IMDB enjoying a movie is the fault of the people who made the movie.
>>
>>64342312
>doesn't even mention Sicario, Ex Machina, Slow West, Revenant, Hard to be a God, Macbeth, Beasts of no Nation, Bone Tomahawk or In the Heart of the Sea

Because most of those either weren't particularly special or had no unique or original qualities to them. They're all basically modern updated versions of films that already exist, or they're just mediocre.
>>
File: 1427346581057.png (323 KB, 719x710) Image search: [Google]
1427346581057.png
323 KB, 719x710
>>64343415

>Paying money to see films

For what purpose?
>>
>>64343495
>They're all basically modern updated versions of films that already exist, or they're just mediocre.
Wait for the adult video game players to throw their toys out of their pram.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.