[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, why did they give Paulie a tribute? It was their money.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Wait, why did they give Paulie a tribute? It was their money. Wouldn't it make more sense to not tell him about it?
>>
Money goes up or you go down
>>
And if he found out anyway?
>>
>>64334566
play it off like it's no big deal. that's what I would do.
>>
>>64334619
and thats why your ass was never a gangster. you would end up in a ditch desu senpai baka
>>
>>64334486
You have to, it's a respect thing. The higher-ups have already put in their dues. They're the OGs. Haven't you ever seen a gangster documentary before?
>>
>>64334486
Because if Paulie found out he'd have them all crippled at best. Being brought into a family and being given the mobility to even pull off the heist was thanks to the big guy.
>>
>>64334486
this >>64335920

You work to earn for the guys above you, and to give them a cut out of respect and love/friendship.

Something as big as this Paulie would have found about, and if he didn't get a piece there would have been problems.

Also, in real life, the airport was more Gotti "territory", so they had to officially get permission to do this from them, and had to have a Gotti member come along, as well as take a small slice.

What seemed more odd was how Jimmy was seemingly getting away with murdering just about everyone involved. I guess none of them were made men or he wouldn't have done it.. maybe.. but nobody seemed to care.

Sure some of them couldn't maintain discipline but, still, damn.
>>
>>64335920
sounds like communism to be perfectly honest with you my nigga
>>
>>64336085
well that's why its a criminal organization.

the difference between that and just some greedy CEO in a multi-million dollar company is that the CEO just can't call for your murder if you don't earn... usually.
>>
>>64336045
Jimmy was a good earner and did hits for the old guys in jail. He was valuable enough to them for them to look the other way.

Read the book it's based on "Wiseguy"...super informative.
>>
>>64336202
Also, he paid Paulie because Paulie provided protection for him from the cops and other wiseguys.

The only reason Henry got busted was because Paulie said "no drugs" and Henry disobeyed..
>>
>>64336085
But it's tax free, who could complain?
>>
Movie Henry seems to have little in common with what I've read about real Henry Hill

The guy just seems like some hopeless junkie
>>
>>64336414
Modern Henry is a burnout.

When he was young he was a lot better.
>>
>>64336414
By 1980 the film version of Henry Hill seemed to have a lot in common with the real Henry Hill.

It takes a special kind of talent to come-off as a piece of shit, especially among murderers and thieves within his circle.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.