[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: english2.png (2 MB, 1912x698) Image search: [Google]
english2.png
2 MB, 1912x698
I kind of don't understand why this dude put on a different British accent than his real one. Was kinda weird to me. Went from Posh to sorta cockney after being found out. Reminded me of that episode of It's Always Sunny where Mac was like "I'll pretend to be a Swedish plumber bro!" and Dennis is like "you don't need to do that these people have never met you!"
>>
He was Dr. King Schultz 2.0
>>
>>64333564
naaaahh.........................
>_>;;

<_<;;

<_>
>>
seeing channing tater get his head blown off was so satisfying
>>
Just got back from seeing this movie. It is so fucking bad. It's astonishing. Tarantino always sinks to new depths of pretentiousness with each film. I'm not saying every movie should end up with a hero riding away triumphantly into the sunset, but if your movie has an unironic everyone dies then you need to seriously need to re-evaluate your story.
>>
>>64333510
It's a play on the trope that good guys have posh British accents, and bad guys have cockney accents. If you were smart you would have laughed heartily.
>>
>>64334241
I appreciated it a lot more on a second viewing.
>>
>>64334241
What's wrong with killing everyone off?
>>
>>64334312
didn't really find it funny, but I did think it was a neat touch.
>>
>>64334381

It greatly reduces the impact of all the events. Even if things end tragically, as long as one person survives, you feel a sense of lasting effect; this person's life or perceptions have been irrevocably changed. Killing everyone makes the events irrelevant; nothing would ultimately change if everyone started shooting the instant they saw each other. The entirety of the film becomes nothing but visual and auditory masturbation.
>>
>>64334312
Bad guys always have refined British accents
That was literally some chav shit
>>
>>64334546
>>64334241
I think Samuel jackson and the sherrif guy survive no? at least the sheriff guy. he only got shot in the leg and there are plenty of things in the haberdashery to tend to that kind of wound and it cold as hell so it won't infect or fester very easily. Losing my balls as an old man probably wouldn't be so bad now that I think about it. Maybe he survived too.
>>
>>64334649
They are left to bleed out for who knows how long at an isolated cabin. They supposed to died mayne
>>
>>64334686
but there is plenty of food and supplies. Come ooooon
>>
>>64334716

It was the 1800s. Even if they did get to a town, medical science couldn't save them from massive gunshot wounds.
>>
>>64334759
A million a one times this
>>
How did Oswaldo produce an authentic warrant for the hanging of the man in Red Rock for the Sheriff when he requested it when they were first introduced to each other?

Also

>"big black dicks in white mouths" narration from Tarantino

He's not even being subtle anymore is he?
>>
>>64334759
Still hoping Mannix to survive. Since he seems didn't get shot at femoral artery.
>>
>>64334811
They killed off the actual hangman before the film started. That's how he got the business cards as well.
>>
>>64334759
fucking Leonardo DiCaprio can survive though
>>
>>64334830
What? He had already blacked out once from blood loss. Not a chance of survival. Him and Jackson basically die together at the end. Black and white come together. Pottery.
>>
>>64334969
maybe he ate some fruit and got his blood cell count back up? We don't know if he died for sure ;_;
>>
>>64334546
>Killing everyone makes the events irrelevant

Maybe in the world of the story, but not for the viewer. It's like saying Citizen Kane is stupid because none of the characters understood what Rosebud meant.
>>
I enjoyed it except for the dick sucking part. Wasn't really necessary, but since this movie didn't have any feet I guess Quentin had to express another fetish of his.
>>
>>64334941
your back doesnt have any major arteries
>>
>>64334241
Its kind of a homage to the thing
>>
>>64336169
Was Jackson even telling the truth though? He seemed to have next to no details about Sanford's son.
>>
>>64337020
There's a ton including using some of Morricone's rejected score for The Thing. I wonder if Carpenter will sue.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x260
>>64338216
>>
>>64333564
Uhh they are nothing alike
>>
>>64338216
pretty sure he was bullshitting
>>
>>64338216
I'm sure he was bullshitting just so the guy would shoot him.
>>
Leaked script said that Mannix dies of its wounds

SLJ gets shot by the woman and dies earlier on that version
>>
>>64334969
And they still had enough life left in them to hang the bitch.
>>
>>64340299
The shot of them both pulling the rope while bleeding to death gave me the best laugh I had in a while. Not sure if it was supposed to be funny though.
>>
I would have think that Mannix would survive if it wasnt that he passes out. Thats our cue to know he wont make it

The nigger was a goner for sure
>>
Some characters felt so unnecessary
Especially the general. He had no purpose
>>
>>64334759
Being stuck in a cabin for several days while you're bleeding out in 1800s? Yeah, you're gonna die.
>>
>>64340397
Felt the same way. Why do I get the feeling QT left him in just so he could have the black dick visual? Also didn't get why Jackson had to kill him but gave the equally racist Mannix a pass.
>>
>>64340446
Mannix didnt kill all those niggers during that battle
>>
>>64340446
Jackson killed his hero. That means friendship.
>>
>>64340482
I may be remembering wrong but didn't Mannix admit to doing equally heinous stuff to blacks during the war in the carriage ride at the beginning?
>>
>>64340504
Yeah that felt weird too. Why didn't he try and intervene when Sam was telling his story and obviously about to kill Sanford? Feels like something got deleted there.
>>
>>64333510
Because a cockney English accent has always been associated with robbers and criminals, he puts on a posh accent to appear harmless and friendly
>>
What was the point of narration in one chapter? Why even having narration if the movie didn't have many natural pauses or separate setpieces like Kill Bill?
>>
>>6433455
not back in the 1800s, that is a modern thing
>>
>>64340577
Was that Quentin doing the narration as well? That was easily the worst thing in the movie. I'd even raise it from a 6/10 to a 7/10 if he deleted that or just got an actor to do it.
>>
>>64340531
This tbqhf.

Btw the general was an ok character. The 2 pointless one for me are Madsen and the English

>>64340577
Tarantino's way to show off he can change his voice
>>
>>64340605
Madsen and Roth were the best characters senpai
>>
>>64340635
I respectfully disagree pham.

Why do you think so?
>>
>>64333510
He took on the persona of Oswaldo Mobrey. That's a posh fucking name so it requires a posh accent.

I also think it's a reference to Unforgiven, another western, where an englishman puts on a posh accent because it makes him seem more upper class than he actually is.
>>
>>64340832
You mean English Bob? He was just a faux badass. A scumbag. A chatactar that would fit in a Tarantino movie but written much better.
>>
>>64340513
Mannix is too young to have fought I think. His father was pretty bad though.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.