[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled and shills are counting their shekels,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Now that the dust has settled and shills are counting their shekels, can we all agree that this movie is garbage?
>>
7/10
>>
>>64333356
It was ok, only because it's a 2 he trailer for the next two movies.
>>
Nah it's pretty good.

Finn=Ren>Poe>Rey
>>
>>64333356
Agreed. I liked the first half hour, but I couldn't believe that rvery scene after tht kept getting worse and worse. By the ending helicopter shot I was feeling secondhand embarrassment for JJ.
>>
>>64333848
What? If anything the beginning was weak and the middle and ending were strong.
>>
>>64333908
capeshitting plebian detected
>>
>>64333356
7.5/10
>>
>>64333356
cut scene with kylo and snoke

>“Kylo Ren, I watched the Galactic Empire rise, and then fall. The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will. As if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments. The historians have it all wrong. It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.” Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.” “Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

fucking awful
>>
Just JJ being JJ.
>>
>>64334005
This. I liked it, didn't love it.
>>
>>64333987
There was very little character drama going on in the beginning, it was too rushed for its own good.
>>
>>64333987
I love this meme
>>
>>64334020
Are you retarded? The begining was the only time it wasn't rushed.

>>64334024
>everything is a meme
>>
>>64334148
"Capeshit" is most certainly a meme
>>
>>64334181
Explain in an essay consisting of no less than 2000 words why that is your contention.
>>
It was alright.
>>
fuk off , OP, it was the best movie of 2015 for me
>>
Honestly i couldnt stand the pointless edge.
I get it, disney wants a new set of characters because the old one's actors are dying in production (harrison was wounded on set how many times) but whyyyyyyyy so much edge?

>giving a stormtrooper a face, suddenly not all bad
But hes both magically incompotent and the best at everything (swear to god hes force user)
>small town girl with a good heart caught up in events larger than herself
Also magically good at everything? She took broken ships apart, how does that make her able to fly/properly mechanic/perfectly understand a ship she has never been in?
>im another masked badguy because sheeve "Big E" palpatine stored away all sorts of captured force users. Emporers hand and inquisitors and all that.
nope merely some fucking twat with daddy issues thay thinks his grandfather was a cool dude. Really bought into the legacy deal a little too much, without too much thought.
>we have a planet super weapon
How did noone find out about that before it blew up other planets? The deathstar(s) were small and could move around, so i get why they could be secretly hidden, but a fucking planet? And said planet is recieving a shit ton of hyperlane traffic, which are relativley static, and within firing range of republic planets. What the fuck, (new) republic?
>how hard is it to call it the new republic, or the galactic alliance? Both of those names are used in the other movies. And why 'the resistance'? Is the (new) republic not fighting the imperial remenant forces? (which should be called the imperial remenant)

It felt so forced for nooooo reason.
>>
>>64333356
Better than the Originals.
>>
>>64334632
hurr
>>
>>64333356
It felt like I was watching a redo of episode 4, but without any of the creative magic that made episode 4 memorable.
>>
>>64334014
so, shitty directing and shoehorn actors?
>>
>>64333356
Felt like a lot of stuff was cut, hopefully the blu ray release will be an extended edition or something.
>>
>>64333356
It was a good movie, but not as good as the OT. Still far better than the prequels though.

I have a lot of hope for 8&9.
>>
File: tv on film.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tv on film.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
>>64333356
No.
>>
>agreeing on anything
>>
>>64334567
>But hes both magically incompotent and the best at everything (swear to god hes force user)

But Finn doesn't come off as the best at ANYTHING. He only stands up against Kylo Ren because Kylo is fatally wounded and even then he gets his ass kicked. He also continually fails to shoot TIE fighters while in the Millenium Falcon.
>>
>>64333356
Good characters, good acting, Mise-en-scène. It has problems, but it's far from shit.
>>
i couldnt fuckin believe they used another death star that was so stupid
also captain phasma was a stupid and pointless character and if she isn't in the next movies she's basically darth maul 2.0

that being said i enjoyed the movie and look forward to episode vii and whatever weird movie is coming out this summer that people are talking about
>>
>>64334939
The only thing that upsets me about Captain Phasma is that they could have instantly made her 10x more popular by using her instead of TR-8R in the fight scene with Finn. It would have set her up to make a cool rival for him, especially if they ended up at a draw or she wins and was about to finish him before he gets his ass saved.
>>
>>64334939
>captain phasma was a stupid and pointless characte
That's marketing's fault. It's not like the film owed us some great, well-developed stormtrooper captain. It was a tertiary character who looked cool, like Boba Fett.
>>
File: 1451538966430.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451538966430.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>>64334632
>>
Second best in the series
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.