[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is The Force Awakens gonna hit the top spot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: films.png (41 KB, 814x380) Image search: [Google]
films.png
41 KB, 814x380
So when is The Force Awakens gonna hit the top spot?
>>
Does it really matter? Films make so much these days it will only hold for a couple of years. Probably will get BTFO by some capeshit
>>
>>64333218
Never. It won't even beat Furious 7
>>
>>64333218
doesn't matter. that list is full of new movies, which means it's garbage metric.
>>
>>64333269
>>64333527
butthurt cameronfags on suicide watch
>>
>>64333218
I don't understand this meme.
>>
>>64333594
I don't even like Cameron.
>>
Avatar and Titanic are the only remotely good films on this list
>>
File: jarjar.png (232 KB, 265x334) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.png
232 KB, 265x334
>minions: 1.1 billion dollars
>>
Why did Avatar do so well
>>
>>64333700
3D, sexualized aliens, a stupid, easy, simple plot for the masses to eat up, and ridiculous, nauseating, over the top CGI action.
>>
>>64333700
It was a visual spectacle, 3D had never been done like that before and it basically started the whole 3D meme.

Also the gross is inflated due to higher prices for 3D tickets
>>
File: 1451097217478.jpg (31 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1451097217478.jpg
31 KB, 413x395
>>64333646
>>
>>64333661
fucking seriously, how does shit like that even happen? every movie in the despicable me series makes more than the previous. they're not even good.
>>
it wont. Kids are about to go back to school. No one has time for silly little flicks anymore. It was a mistake releasing in December
>>
>>64333804
marketing...as in, Star Wars meme marketing that drive people who wouldnt care about a geek (and mediocre) franchise of the 70s to the theater
>>
>Not adjusted for inflation

Nothing will ever beat Gone with the Wind
>>
>>64333799
>basically started the whole 3D meme

there was a steady stream of 3D movies coming out before avatar. It was just riding the current fad
>>
File: all time box office.png (29 KB, 457x348) Image search: [Google]
all time box office.png
29 KB, 457x348
>not adjusting for inflation
>>
>>64334210
Should adjust for inflation AND population growth too. Avatar wouldn't be even close to the top in that case.
>>
>>64334179
Name 3 3d films released between 2004-2009 that screened with polarization rather than anaglyph
hard mode: nothing related to Robert Rodriguez
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.