[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will it ever be topped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: Aliens_poster.jpg (59 KB, 283x444) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_poster.jpg
59 KB, 283x444
will it ever be topped?
>>
>>64328100

They literally topped it with the next movie.
>>
>>64328100
Yee
>>
>>64328100
i dont think millennials appreciate this movie much, its 'too slow and old looking', at least thats the reaction ive heard from those fucking faggots
>>
Aliens was a failure because it expanded upon the wrong things from Alien. The first film was really a meditation on the human condition contained within the paradigm of a horror flick. Aliens should have expanded on that core but instead it became just another action flick. Alien 3 tried to resolve this but lacked a filmmaker who could translate Alien's vision into reality.
>>
Alien > Aliens
>>
>>64328201
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64328335
>thread
>>
>>64328394
Go fuck yourself, get a trip if you think your so important, what a fag
>>
>>64328100
The first film already did that
>>
>>64328309
>expanded upon
You don't even know what this means, and you definitely don't know what
>a meditation on the human condition contained within the paradigm
means
Cameron did what he had to with Aliens, a carbon copy 'expansion' on Alien wouldn't have been half the movie Aliens was, never mind coming close to Alien itself
>>
>>64328448
>>
>>64328100
Alien is a better movie. Aliens is okay, more of a fags movie though
>>
>>64328309
>>
>>64328482
Is this a meme now?
>>
>>64328466
I'm just synthesizing ideas I read from critics' reviews of Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3. I've seen all 3 movies and I think it makes sense.
>>
Remember how all the shitlords complained about Ripley being a Mary sue?
>>
>>64328525
>>
>>64328557
>>
Aliens if you like action, Alien if you suspense and horror
>>
not a single downvote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQXZt_vHg14
>>
>>64328536
>>
Aliens is a meditation on the fleeting transience of ephemeral experience
>>
Alien > 3 > s > Prometheus > Resurrection

I'm tempted to put 3 ahead of 1 just because of that fanservice bullshit in 1
>>
File: Mike-Tyson-0081-225x225.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Tyson-0081-225x225.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
Aliens is a meditation on vice vs. virtue, carnal pleasures vs spiritual love, money vs poetry, from a deeply Christian philosophy erudite from Canada, who has struggled with finding his place in the Jewified degenerate capital and is still crying everyday about his suicidial mariachi brother and harsh father.

Experimental editing to evoke fragments of memories, intimate thoughts as prayers or confessions to evoke universal feelings, interweaving the micro and the macro. Just like Alien opened with a story about nature vs grace, the pearl parable is about this constant struggle and quest to be a better man in this meaningless world.

Cameron admits in this flick that he's too fascinated with beauty, as he views it as the closest thing we wingless beasts have to reaching heaven; even though beauty is really the devil's temptation to make us shallow. He's a sinner and a hypocrite and he knows it. Bums and cripples are ugly and he knows they don't really belong alongside his perfume ads aesthetics. He knows Hollywood is Jewish hell but he still stays there and accepts their money because he loves shooting pretty Jewish actresses and their feetsies. He knows it's a real struggle.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 2560x1600
>>64328651
>ranking Alien R last not 3rd or even 2nd
>>
>>64328394
New pasta since when?
>>
>>64328766
It's boring and unoriginal, it's like a made for tv crossover episode of something. Yawn.
>>
>>64328741
No that's what Aliens would have been if the action was toned down and more long takes of quiet scenes were used
>>
>>64328128
Resurrection is better than 3
>>
>>64328777
Since them trips
>>
>>64328811
It was made by the director of Amelie and City of the lost children, if you can't appreciate French cinema you're just a contrarian redditor.
>>
Aliens>Alien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alien Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul Blart Mall Cop 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prometheus
>>
File: 1449544010756.jpg (36 KB, 480x534) Image search: [Google]
1449544010756.jpg
36 KB, 480x534
>>64328651
>I'm tempted to put 3 ahead of 1
well thats not very smart
>>
the only really good film i've seen with extended scenes that made a good film better was Aliens
>>
>>64328940
Are you telling me I should like Alien: Resurrection because it's french cinema? And you're calling me a redditor? Amélie is fine and I love Delicatessen but rarely does a director have a perfect record. I'll admit to liking some of it (nothing that hadn't been done before in Alien or Alien 3), but the overwhelming action element just didn't entertain me.

>>64329011
Have you only seen the theatrical cut of 3?
>>
>>64329289
Alien R is a masterpiece, the only ones to disagree with is the American audience.
>>
>>64328854
Don't make me pull over
>>
File: cunt.jpg (19 KB, 236x360) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
19 KB, 236x360
>>64329402
I am no American.
>>
>>64328854
This. Alien 3 tried to be a good movie and sucked. Resurrection went all out balls to the way crazy and succeeded. The final product wasn't exactly a work of art but its still entertaining for what it is.

Also, Alien 3 is by default worse because it completely ruined the ending to Aliens. At least Resurrection started off on a clean slate so there was nothing to screw up.
>>
File: no nigga.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
no nigga.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>64329540
>sucked
no

>crazy
R was the most basic and conventional out of all of them, it's generic sci-fi number #72914.

>Alien 3 is by default worse because it completely ruined the ending to Aliens
It killed newt who was a shit character and freed ripley from a traditional husband kind of character she should never have ended up with.

if anything ruined the ending to anything it's R. what was the point of ripley dying if they could just dig her out and clone her.
>>
>space rogues
>space marines
>space aliens
>one of them has special powers
>one of them is a robot
>the commander is nuts
>evil scientist in love with his creation
>oh no the monsters get out of containment

shit I could have written that, joss whedon could have written that.
>>
>>64328100
Alien$ was garbage. It was a very generic action movie that used a creature from a horror movie as the bad guy. It turned "the perfect organism" into gun fodder.
>>
>>64329704
>It killed newt who was a shit character

It doesn't bother me that they killed her because I liked her as a character, its just, the fact she seemed like such a prominant character in Aliens, and to kill her off, off screen no less, in the first five minutes of the next movie, it made her entire existence as a character feel pointless. They could have at least had her survive and die halfway or near the end of the movie.

>and freed ripley from a traditional husband kind of character she should never have ended up with.

Really? I never got the vibe that he was meant to be a potential love interest. I took it as more of like a friend in arms type of thing, same with Bishop. But instead all three of them conveniently die EXCEPT Ripley, the protagonist. It just seemed cheap to me.
>>
>>64329947
Killing her off was supposed to reverse the catharsis of Aliens and create a new hopelessness that Alien 3 would have resolved if it was crafted better
>>
>>64329947
To me the end of Aliens was too cheerful. Alien 3 said you don't get to have nice things and I liked that. Maybe I'm just a bitch but it seemed fitting that ripley would wake up in a nightmare where she's been denied a husband and a daughter, she can't escape hell.

>I never got the vibe that he was meant to be a potential love interest.
There's all that shit with him opening tough jars and catching mice in the kitchen for her though.

Bishop was already fucked up and he was still useful in Alien 3, I don't think lugging newt or a wounded hicks around would have worked, maybe you could have had them die on screen but I just care so little for their characters I'm glad that screen time was spent on ripley.
>>
>>64328201

I wonder if the generation before us hates us as much as we hate millenials. I doubt it.
>>
>>64330417
Everyone hates everyone else nowadays. It's the internet. Al Gore is responsible.
>>
>>64330681
I like you so you're wrong you twat.
>>
>>64330681
wow I forgot that Al Gore internet meme.
>>
>>64328128
>>64328394
>>64328651
>>64329427
>>64329534

underrated thread
>>
If I think Alien is better than Aliens will I like Resurrection?
>>
>>64331238
Resurrection is bad. People who like it probably have bad taste in movies and life in general.
>>
>>64331238
Alien 3 is to Alien, what Aliens is to Aliens vs Predator

ie: pls go die
>>
>>64328854

Alien = friday the 13th
Aliens = Starship troopers
Alien 3 = shawshank redemption
resurrection = guardians of the galaxy

Starship troopers > Shawshank > gotg > friday the 13th

so 2 > 3 > 4 > 1
objectively
>>
>>64331988
thats a mess and makes little sense
>>
>>64332137

it makes total sense.

1 = chaser flic
2 = shooting alotta bugs
3 = emo prison
4 = sarcasm/memes
>>
>>64331988
Wait.... There are people that think starship troopers is better than shawshank redemption?
>>
>>64328100
no
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.