[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else just looking at all the behind the scenes on LOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Anyone else just looking at all the behind the scenes on LOTR and feeling massive nostalgia?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_kqn5MQiDY
The amount of time, effort and detail they put into the movies was insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoLkKDBEW3s
They built an entire village from scratch just for the movies
>>
>>64328046

rare time that the movies are a lot better than the books
>>
>>64328111

Is this true ?
I never read the books but they seem so much complex and richer than the movies. And I heard that Tolkien's kids are unhappy with the movies
>>
>>64328456
How could they be unhappy with them, its one of the best adaptations ever, especially considering how big and detailed the books were. They have aged really well also and will never look dated like most other movies of that type.
>>
>>64328456
I read the books first and then watched the movies. I personally loved the books but the movies were undoubtedly better. The books are very detailed but as a result some parts end up being pretty dry. The movies captured the story, characters and setting perfectly, but also livened them up and added a sense of mystery and wonder to them. The feels you get from the movies are far stronger than from just reading the books
>>
>>64328046
>tfw they literally spent two years just growing out the wildlife on hobbiton to make it look more homely
>>
>>64328560
the lotr movies were a rare blessing
>>
>>64328456
>>64328560

Christopher, the son of JRR Tolkien, gave his first interview in 40 years to shittalk Peter Jackson.
But apparently he was against movie adaptations before the Lotr trilogy was even made and he didn't really criticize anything in particular iirc
>>
>>64328743
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64328941
This
>>
>>64328941
this
>>
>>64328046
>nostalgia over a newish movie
>>
>>64328046
hmm
>>
>>64328941
ur fucking retatrded senpai baka
>>
>>64329035
They're over 10 years old, it's not unusual at all to feel nostalgia for something from 10 years ago. Especially for the age demographics of this board.
>>
you know, it's odd

these are probably some of my favourite movies of all time, but I never watched any of the extras on them, ever
>>
after reading the books i wasnt pleased with the representation of gandalf in the films, the hobbits gandalf felt more accurate

book or movie wasnt a fan of the bits with frodo and sam after they split dont mind them pre fellowship though
>>
File: 1396922889279.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1396922889279.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>nostalgia

T-they didn't come out that long ago...
>>
>>64329608
>tfw the last lotr movie came out over 30 years ago
>>
>>64328456

The books were just a plagiarism of Wagner.
>>
>>64328456
No. The books are much better than the movies. The movies are amazing as well. It really just depends on how you feel about Tolkien's writing style. He is incredibly descriptive and some think it gets boring and annoying but it really helps you visualize what's going on.
>>
>post in thread and it dies
;-;
>>
>>64328456
Literally songs without sounds.

It's an okay read buy be prepared for at least 10 paragraphs dedicated solely on trees and shiet.
>>
Why is his hair blond when he leaves the makeup trailer?
>>
I wonder if they will release the definitive extended cut that has scenes like Gandalf talking about how the One Ring was forged in the Elrodn's council, the attack in Lothlorien, some characters from the book in the Last Alliance war and... Sauron vs Aragorn.
>>
File: yjnwki.png (896 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
yjnwki.png
896 KB, 1280x534
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn was so fucking based, that he and not the director had the last word on the appendices.

Full on feels
https://u.pomf.is/znvmhz.webm
>>
>>64331304
Viggo is such a cool fucking dude.

You can tell he legitimately loves acting by how he immerses himself in every role
>>
File: aragorn_.jpg (81 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
aragorn_.jpg
81 KB, 500x210
>>64331304
>>64331528

<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw
>>
dont die on me
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.