[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else thought the hateful eight was shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: A1.jpg (181 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
A1.jpg
181 KB, 940x470
Anyone else thought the hateful eight was shit?
>>
File: 1421828610587.jpg (504 KB, 406x2200) Image search: [Google]
1421828610587.jpg
504 KB, 406x2200
you didn't see it in glorious 70mm did you?
>>
I went into it completely blind
I had no idea it was 3 hours long
why did it need to be 3 hours long
>>
>>64326601
Nope one of tarantino's best.
>>
>>64326601
Yeah, sadly tarintino felt out of touch this time. The use of the word nigger was cringe worthy at times. The dialogue and characters felt very cheap and excessive. There wasn't a satisfying climax. I think quentin either focused way to much on the 70mm epic, or hes become that out of touch old man hes feared.
>>
>>64326818
nigger spotted
>>
Loved it.
>>
Tarantula has such a shit narrators voice.
I imagine Harvey Keitel or even Waltz would s better job in those scenes.
>>
>>64326638
This image is 110% true tobehonest family
>>
>>64326754
didnt feel 3 hours 2bh. I did watch it while it was raining with good food so it was actually comfy as fuck tho.
>>
File: 1431283776176.jpg (15 KB, 242x258) Image search: [Google]
1431283776176.jpg
15 KB, 242x258
>>64326638
>small window
>1.5 speed
holy fuck
>>
>>64326818
>tarantino felt out of touch
>complains about the use of the word nigger
have you ever seen any of his movies before?

you know say what you will about cucktino but the one thing i respect is he is never one to bow to the masses as far as the shit he puts in his films.
>>
>>64326935
Yea his narration kinda bothered me, it seemed unnecessary, he's already showing you what was happening, didn't need to be there at all
>>
>>64326935
Holy fuck that was brutal, it felt like i was listening to boring dvd tier directors audio commentary
>>
didnt think it was shit, just it wasnt very giood, felt like a remake of Rseservoir Dogs to me, didnt care about half the characters, and i couldnt get over the fake accents.

Jennifer Jason Leigh always ruins movies for me, i just dont like her at all, overacting all over the place, perhaps Nick cage passed the bug to her in Leaving Arizona.

TLDR, a solid 7 outtaa 10
>>
It was passable but it's not art.
>>
It wasn't shit. But it also wasn't great.

Atrocious performances from everyone except maybe Channing Tatum. I get that Tarentino the acting to over-the-top and campy, like in Kill Bill. But it missed its mark.
>>
>>64327149
hateful bait
>>
>>64327057
I meant out of touch with his usual focus. The narration was laughable and pulled me right out. And i feel like unless your an autuist, i think youd be able to see he over used nigger to the point of parody, and by the time sam jackson gives that dingus speech i almost laughed at how bad it was...compared to a similar speech in true romance, which was a million times more effective while being as offensive
>>
>>64327099
Tim Roths fake posh british voice reverting back to his real accent was a nice touch. I was just waiting for Madsen to get shot cause i hate that fuck. I was glad when he didnt even get a shot off
>>
I noped out at the "Only way a black man can be safe is when the white man is disarmed" line. Why can't we just have a good, violent Western without needing to shoehorn in social community on recent events and racial dialogue?
>>
File: bone-tomahawk.jpg (495 KB, 1014x1500) Image search: [Google]
bone-tomahawk.jpg
495 KB, 1014x1500
This was better
>>
>>64327200
>Comparing film of the year to a Tarentino popcorn flick

Apples and Oranges.
>>
>>64326638
rofl holy shit, I made this shitty meme image like 7 years ago, and I only posted it *1* time

how did you find this
>>
>>64327196
Because jacksons character proved himself wrong when he handed a pistol to the rebel sheriff.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=scicilian%20nigger%20speech&sm=3>64327057
For reference

Thats what it felt like the scene wanted to be. But there was no tension. Story dragged on, and was fucking laughable. Also, sam jackson forcing a naked white dude to suck his dick is like ballsy then just outright gay as fuck.
>>
>>64327200
Right with ya friend.
>>
File: SHITFUL 8.jpg (256 KB, 1054x675) Image search: [Google]
SHITFUL 8.jpg
256 KB, 1054x675
>>64326601

Queerton Cukatino hit a new level of shitiness with this cinematic manure.
>>
>>64327380
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64327200
>being this contrarian

it was worse than hateful eight
>>
>>64327413
make me
>>
>>64326935

Yes, but Tarantula is a raging narcissist, so he always has to inject himself into his movies even though he's the worst actor of all time.
>>
>>64326601
- Probably Tarantino's worst or almost worst, which doesn't make it shit in an absolute sense
- Could have used more editing, too slow and meandering at times, not to mention too fucking long (...three hours?) nigga should resurrect Sally Menke
- Speaking of nigga, the nigga this nigga that stuff is becoming gimmicky
- Also there's such thing as too much Samuel Jackson playing Samuel Jackson
>>
>>64327181
considering the time period and setting i gave the the excessive use of the word a pass. so it didnt bother me much. as far as the sam jackson speech hed been known to lie already (abe lincoln letter ) so for all we knew he only said it to get a rise out of the general so he can kill him. either way i thought the black dingus scene was the only real out of place part of the movie put in for shock
>>
File: 1349309277004.gif (199 KB, 200x212) Image search: [Google]
1349309277004.gif
199 KB, 200x212
>>64327738
the funny part about the dingus scene is that I was laughing as soon as it started getting to that point because of /tv/, but nobody really found it that funny besides me in the audience

daisy getting splattered with shit, however, was ALWAYS funny and got the most guffaws
>>
>>64327622
>Speaking of nigga, the nigga this nigga that stuff is becoming gimmicky

they're hateful, they were trying to aggravate him, and that's how people talked back then, you think they would say something like "this african american, right here."
>>
File: 1451616673705.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451616673705.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
I saw the movie for the second time this morning. QT is a blessing in these modern times. The 70mm presentation in Seattle,really fucked it up for me , the day after christmas. This digital matinee was redeeming. I should write a letter... get my money back. (A lot of black chicks dig Tarantino... also with the gentrified crowd in seattle everyone was laughing every use of the word "nigger". now that was ANNOYING.)
>>
>>64328336
>everyone was laughing every use of the word "nigger". now that was ANNOYING.
funny how uncomfortable people get with one word . even when their not the one saying it.

this video sums it up hilariously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYYBJ8XRdh4
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.