[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel movies are getting more...ridiculous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Does anyone else feel movies are getting more...ridiculous?

I'm not even talking about pretentious. I mean goofy, silly, or just stupid as fuck. Pic related and the scene in Magnolia where all the characters sing the same song. These things aren't even pretentious. They're just goofy/stupid as fuck.

More recently, I'd cite the "warm, black dingus" scene in Hateful Eight as too goofy to take seriously.
>>
the worst scene was the dino scene
this movie was the definition of "artsy fartsy"
>>
I bet you love Star Wars and capeshit though.
>>
>>64326497

Oh god that fucking CGI graceful dinosaur.
>>
>>64326511
Nice retort
>>
>being unable to deal with sincerity
i was 14 once too, it was awful. good luck with school
>>
>>64326535
But he probably does. Why didn't he mention those in his examples of movies getting ridiculous?
>>
>>64326459

this shit was like a two-hour allegra commercial.
>>
>>64326497
Audiences in Europe actually burst out laughing during that scene.
>>
>comparing tree of life to magnolia and h8ful 8.

my god you're a pleb.

and magnolia is 17 years old and clearly the most ridiculous of the three, and perhaps you're not aware of this, but 17 years ago was a long time ago, so this hole "getting more ridiculous" theory you have is a complete crock of shit.
>>
>>64326511
Nope, I hate that shit actually.
>>
>>64326582
See >>64326561
>>
>>64326561
Because I don't watch them.
>>
>>64326554

Sincerity? What does the sincerity of a message matter?
>>
>>64326554
it's cringe
>>
>>64326588
see >>64326611
>>
>>64326611
Yet you watch Tarantino shit
>>
>>64326535
typical for a malick fan.

they will never make a positive claim about a malick flick. they will only make a negative claim regarding your interpretation.
>>
>>64326642

>i'll tell you what you watch and what you like
>no autismo
>>
>>64326459
>ridiculous

your spelled shit incorrectly, op.
i agree tho.

you would think that in this day and age, we could make better films than 25 years go.
>>
>>64326691
Tarantino is on the same level as capeshit.
>>
File: 5756756765.png (168 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
5756756765.png
168 KB, 450x300
I want Star Wars tourists to leave.
>>
>>64326659
I don't even think a Malik fan can argue that Tree of Life isn't ridiculous. I mean, the scene where the chick is flying in air is just so absurd. It feels like a fat joke.
>>
>i don't like my expectations being challenged
>>
>>64326713
Objectively no.
>>
>>64326778
Objectively yes.
>>
>>64326639
>sincerity is cringe
hello reddit
>>
>>64326822
Sincerity is dead before it even began. It gets a token nod now but it has no place in the future. It will be forgotten.
>>
>>64326854
*shits respectfully in your direction*

*tips 360 and walks the the dinosaur away*
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.