[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of the neo-nazi scene in The Wall? Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The-Wall-7-400x266.jpg (30 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
The-Wall-7-400x266.jpg
30 KB, 400x266
What was the point of the neo-nazi scene in The Wall?

Don't get me wrong, it looked as cool as fuck, but neo-nazis/skinheads weren't that much of a threat in 80's England, were they?
>>
its pottery
>>
>>64326051
Of course they weren't . But if you don't have Nazis who would you use for bad guys ??
>>
>>64326051

80s England was under Margaret Thatcher, who many leftist artists thought was worse than Hitler.

There you go. It's referencing Thatcher's government.
>>
I doubt it was supposed to represent a threat.

It just looked cool as fuck it always pisses some people off whenever it shows up.
>>
pink floyd had a distinct disdain for british govt. education was brainwashing, govt too oppressive, etc...
>>
>>64326051
The national front and other ultra right wing/fascist groups were fairly prominent within the British consciousness in the late 70s/early 80s as they had gained popularity during economic slump the UK found itself in during that period. So it's unsurprising something written during that era wouldn't touch upon certain fears of those sorts of ideas becoming ever more mainstream.
>>
>>64326051
>but neo-nazis/skinheads weren't that much of a threat in 80's England, were they?
Didn't skinhead (the white power one) culture arise in 70s/80s England?
>>
>>64326051
it just represents his id. he has unconsciously destroyed everything in his life
>>
Ah, right.
>>
>>64326051
Pink's (and Roger Water's) father was killed by the German's in WWII, so he's becoming something he hates.
>>
>>64326051
Way to miss the point entirely.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.