[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spouts mopey soliloquies & has angry fits. >gets shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: areuokayani.png (542 KB, 621x408) Image search: [Google]
areuokayani.png
542 KB, 621x408
>Spouts mopey soliloquies & has angry fits.
>gets shit for being angst for decades & more.

>Kylo Ren does the same thing & has a childish tantrum while swinging his lightsaber twice in 1 movie.
>"So Original!"
>>
>>64325819
Didn't get this either, Kylo and Rey were both shit characters
>>
>>64325849
i hope they both switch places to piss everyone off but i know they'll make Rey into a Super Saiyan with a affinity to the force.
>>
Wait people actually thought Kylo Ren was good?
>>
>>64326318
yes, they call him "anakin done right" which is crazy considering they're the same.
>>
>>64325819
kylo ren is an original antagonist, anakin was a protagonist for almost the entire length of the prequel trilogy.

execution is another big point, anakin was more whiny and unreasonably naggy while kylo is more sincerly angry and insecure. not being directed by lucas helps as well. hayden actually did decent towards the end of 3
>>
>>64326512
I've literally heard no one say this. I'm gonna have to ask for a citation. Your ass doesn't count.
>>
>>64327831
not him but Itoo read it a lot mostly in the youtube comments though. a quick google search lead me there
http://io9.gizmodo.com/kylo-ren-is-everything-that-anakin-skywalker-should-hav-1749606647

no idea about the quality of the argumentation though, didnt read a word of it other than the title
>>
>>64325819

Kylo Ren might not be my favorite character, but probably the hugest difference between him and Anakin is that he was allowed to have funny scenes. Poe mocks him to his face, the stormtroopers just turn around and walk away when he throws a tanturm. Anakin OTOH was played as a purely serious character and THE CHOSEN ONE so the annoying aspects of his character stand out way more.
>>
>>64327831
Fucking casual. Go back to reddit.
>>
>>64327805
>protagonist for almost the entire length of the prequel trilogy.
>shows up over halfway into episode I
>kills a bunch of kids in episode III
starcucks, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>64328025
are you retarded?
anakin is a protagonist in the whole first movie, the whole second movie, and almost all of the third movie. you know protagonist doesnt mean main character right? when he shows up is irrelevant
>>
File: tur0.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
tur0.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64325819
Anakin is whiney
Kylo is temper-tantrumy
>>
Anakin:

>born into slavery, only has his mother to rely on. Is taken away from her to be raised in a military cult. Has vision of her death, tries to save her but is too late and weak so becomes furious at others and himself. Only has 3 friends left in the world and starts to have visions about padme dying. Refuses to let the same thing happen to her. His longtime friend and supporter says he can help save her if they work together. In his desparation to avoid loss and go through the same moments of powerlessness he gives into the dark side and betrays what he has devoted his life to but he fell too far too fast to turn back.

Kylo:

lol hes just evil cause he has a vader mask and his mommy sent him away to school

Keep in mind kylo still is the best part of TFA. just shows how shitty and empty that movie is.
>>
>>64328096
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64327831
I don't know how to cite 4chan threads,
>>
Anakin went from Obi-Wan's whiny sidekick to Master Edgelord. He turned to the Dark Side because Sheev literally dropped lines like "NOT FROM A JEDI".
>>
>>64328238
2016 hasn't even started yet and this boards already gone completely downhill from the already shitty /tv/ of 2015.
>>
>>64325819
Hadn't Anakin got that shitty dialogue it could have been easier to forgive, plus Kylo was an interesting twist
>>
>>64329609
Board's been shit since 08
>>
>>64328218

exactly this, Anakin was repeatedly in shitty situations where he was relied on way beyond his station should have counted for, no child deals with the shit he does and then rape murder of his mother when he knew he was right and Obiwan is like those are just dreams
>>
>>64325819
The point of Kylo Ren is that he's a Vader fanboy but obviously is still an immature shit who wants to just wants to be edgy.

Meanwhile we're supposed to take Anakin's antics at face value.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.