[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why The Hobbit trilogy was a disaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Hobbit_BOTFA_Intl_poster.jpg (2 MB, 2764x4095) Image search: [Google]
Hobbit_BOTFA_Intl_poster.jpg
2 MB, 2764x4095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Now will everyone finally stop comparing Peter Jackson to George Lucas? George had all the time in the world to prep the Star Wars prequel trilogy. It being a failure was entirely his fault. With The Hobbit trilogy the studio gave Peter barely any time to prepare the movies and in the middle of filming told him that it had to be a trilogy instead of two movies. Peter obviously isn't blameless but he isn't a George tier hack. He got fucked over by the studio.
>>
>>64324841
yea but he could have told the studio to go fuck themselves. If they removed him fans would throw hissy fits and they would be forced to bring him back. Also I can only assume it was his idea to use massive amounts of garbage cgi.

He had shitloads of power with the direction of the hobbit and failed
>>
>>64324841
While the directing and design was obviously not as good as LOTR the big problem was the writing so this was really a shitty excuse.
>>
>>64324891
>If they removed him fans would throw hissy fits
I'm pretty sure the studio wouldn't have cared. After Del Toro left they made a shortlist of possible replacements, if Peter had demanded more time they probably would've just gotten someone from the shortlist and that shortlist had horrifyingly awful hacks like Brett Ratner. They had been preparing The Hobbit movies for years, they weren't going to further delay things to accommodate Peter.
>I can only assume it was his idea to use massive amounts of garbage cgi.
They didn't really have much of a choice. The studio gave them any time to build sets or costumes.
>>
>>64325046
>them any time
*barely any time
>>
>>64324962
Yeah but Peter had years to carefully write The Lord of the Rings movie. With The Hobbit he had to finish the scripts as soon as possible.
>>
>>
>>64325241
JUST
>>
The book was the problem. It was a poorly written childrens book not written in the same style as the Lotr-trilogy.
>>
Taken out of context. He was only talking about one of the battles being unfinished in the 3rd movie.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (24 KB, 1888x1062) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
24 KB, 1888x1062
>>64324841
>Why The Hobbit trilogy was a disaster
>>
>>64325625
did you watch the fucking thing? They said their scrambling to produce the parts necessary to shoot just before actually filming any given scene "came to a head" with that final battle.

You cannot bs a battle scene otherwise it's just men/orcs/elves what have you slashing at each other until everyone from one side is dead. There was no script or dialogue to hide behind because the entire film was seat of their pants as a result of Jackson having no spine and letting himself be bullied by business assholes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.