[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I’m really well versed on a lot of directors’ careers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: quentin.jpg (234 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
quentin.jpg
234 KB, 1536x1152
"I’m really well versed on a lot of directors’ careers, you know, and when you look at those last five films when they were past it, when they were too old, and they’re really out of touch with the times, whether it be William Wyler and The Liberation of L.B. Jones or Billy Wilder with Fedora and then Buddy Buddy or whatever the hell. To me, it’s all about my filmography, and I want to go out with a terrific filmography. Death Proof has got to be the worst movie I ever make. And for a left-handed movie, that wasn’t so bad, all right? — so if that’s the worst I ever get, I’m good. But I do think one of those out-of-touch, old, limp, flaccid-dick movies costs you three good movies as far as your rating is concerned."
>>
File: vonstroheim.jpg (30 KB, 366x488) Image search: [Google]
vonstroheim.jpg
30 KB, 366x488
>"If you live in France, for instance, and you have written one good book, or painted one good picture, or directed one outstanding film fifty years ago and nothing else since, you are still recognized and honored accordingly. People take their hats off to you and call you "maître". They do not forget. In Hollywood—in Hollywood, you're as good as your last picture. If you didn't have one in production within the last three months, you're forgotten, no matter what you have achieved ere this."
>>
>>64324886
this is true
godard is living proof
>>
File: jcarpenter.jpg (30 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
jcarpenter.jpg
30 KB, 750x501
>In France, I'm an auteur; in Germany, a filmmaker; in Britain; a genre film director; and, in the USA, a bum.
>>
>>64324764
>Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut
>Woody Allen's Midnight in PAris
>Mad Max: Fury Road
>Kurosawa's Kagemusha and Ran
>Bergman's Fanny and Alexander
>Scorsese's Silence
>Spielberg doing a late career masterpiece every year.

Tarantino is fucking r e t a r d e d
>>
>>64325601
You haven't even seen Silence
>>
>>64325026

Ouch.
>>
>>64324764
Nigga looks like an old ass Double D from Ed Edd n Eddy
>>
>>64324886

This is a lie. Everyone remembers To Kill a Mockingbird or Catcher in the Rye just like everyone remembers fucking John Wayne, the greatest hack who ever hacked.

I don't buy it.
>>
>>64324764

I liked Death Proof more than all of this loser's movies except Pulp and Reservoir. So...I dunno.
>>
>>64325601
>>Kurosawa's Kagemusha and Ran
His last good films but he ended on his "I don't want to die" movie streak which is both really bad and morbidly depressing.
>>
>>64326056

They literally made nothing else though. He's talking about people who made something great, followed by a career mediocre/uninspired work, not people who just got in and got out.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-25-48.png (106 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-25-48.png
106 KB, 540x960
Is he right?
>>
>>64326489
okay. So everyone forgot about Francis Ford Coppola since he has been senile making shitty films for the last 15-20 years?
>>
>>64326575

Yes. He's literally a laughing stock in Hollywood.
>>
>>64326564
He only reads cucold novels passed to him by his mother
>>
>>64324886
I live in France and the only people we call "maître" are our mâle school teachers.
>>
Tarantino is a meme director who's run out of ideas to copy and it shows in every film he's made since kill bill.

I loved him despite knowing the source material he pays homage to(ripped off). But the emperor has no clothes and his work has been mediocre for a very long time.
>>
>>64324764
TARANTINO FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

SUED FOR STEALING DJANGO PLOT

THE D IS SILENT IN JAIL
>>
>>64326056

To be fair, To Kill... and Catcher in the Rye are literary works, not Hollywood productions. The literary world has always valued the brief, brilliant career over the long and prolific one.
>>
>>64324764

I agree with this, it's better to make fewer, better movies and have a great legacy than be ridley scott and half your movies are dog shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.