[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These movies are fucking garbage and the fact that /tv/ is saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 51x9gYHs55L[1].jpg (45 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51x9gYHs55L[1].jpg
45 KB, 377x500
These movies are fucking garbage and the fact that /tv/ is saying they are good to spite Disney is pathetic. Unless there are underage who genuinely grew up with them here, in which case I feel sorry for you. The only good part was Sheev in 3

>bu-but they had SOUL.

and the soul was fucking garbage
>>
>>64323997
I dislike how there isn't actually much of the clone wars, you see the start of it in II and the end of it in III but you never really get to live through it

They should have had Attack of the Clones as I, a filler clone wars as II and III as the finale
>>
>>64324463
Yeah your "Episode II" should've shown the filler of what was happening during the Clone Wars similar to how Empire showed what was happening in the middle of the civil war. Not the same story obviously, but same concept.

IT'LL BE LIKE POTTERY
>>
>>64324463

Its because they wasted an entire part of the trilogy (ep 1)

Ep1 had some cool fights but everything besides Qui Gon finding Anakin is irrelevant
>>
>>64323997
The only people defending it are trolls.
>>
>>64324599
The Clone Wars are just a power play for Palpatine. Palpatine manipulating both sides is where the real action is at.
>>
>>64324673
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>64325624
Why doesn't he just get both of them to attack the jedi and take coruscant
>>
Once Episode VIII comes out /tv/ will be talking about how great TFA was. Count on it.
>>
>>64325999
Because he has to appear to be the good guy to win the hearts and minds of the republic. I swear you people just want death star after death star because you can't take a plot that requires you to use any brain cells.
>>
>>64323997
I really disagree. The Phantom Menace is comfy as fuck, a great, gentle space adventure. Reminds me a lot of the Hobbit (not the new films but the book and cartoon). Attack of the Clones isn't that great, but it has some really great scenes in it and is overall good. Revenge of the Sith is wonderful in how it shows you what you want to see: Anakin's fall and transformation into Vader.

If you don't like them, that's fine, but not everyone shares your opinions and they have valid reasons for liking these films. If you can't stand that, then go to the movies subreddit, where anything remotely positive about the prequels is downvoted.
>>
midichlorians :)
>>
>>64326274
Midichlorians don't really bother me in the slightest. They're brought up only a handful of times in the first one, and don't play a major part in the plot.

I find the people who are bothered by them are the same sort who take Star Wars way too seriously and can't have fun with the films.
>>
>>64326272
THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>64326209
But he literally starts dressing in dark robes and a hood and starts screaming about anew galactic empire
>>
>>64326393
He uses his appearance as fuel against the jedi.

>The attempt on my life has left my scarred... And deformed- but I assure you, my resolve has never been stonger!
>>
>>64326272
>heavy boring space politics talk
>oh wait we gotta distract the kids, uhhh make the cartoon nigger step in doo doo!!
>>
>>64326272
Phantom Menace is fine if they trimmed some of the fat. It's why you're suppose to rewrite films
>>
>>64326274
I don't get why this is bad. We always knew Force Powers were genetic anyway
>>
I only really like TPM. It holds some nostalgia for me and I really can't hate it.

The other two I'm not really a fan of.
>>
>>64326467
The "space politics" in the movies make up a very small amount of the screen time. This is like complaining about A New Hope by saying "there are so many boring scenes where it's Aunt Beru and Uncle Ben talking at the dinner table ugh this is a kid's movie or is it dinner time?" It's disingenuous.
>>
>>64326477
You could easily say the same of the Empire Strikes Back.

In truth, each of the Star Wars films (including the newest one) has flaws, but they are, overall, good films.
>>
>>64326621
>TFA
>good film
no
>>
>>64324673

Keep dreaming, hater.
>>
>>64326678
Well hell, I liked it.

And I liked the other ones, too. Even the Phantom Menace. So there!
>>
III was the best prequel movie, and completely decent on its own right
>>
>>64323997
kill yourself Disney shill

TFA is a BAAAAD film, let alone a Star Wars film.

just do it. end it.
>>
>>64326848
It's the second best after ESB
>>
>>64326768
I like all 6 movies.

>>64326848
this
>>
>>64323997
It's a meme, retard. They're going contrarian as fuck because Jew Jew made a blockbuster.

Hoping this meme catches on is the only way they can stick it to the jew. Literally no one is enough of a retard to earnestly defend that trilogy of trash outside of Reddit.
>>
>>64326868
lazy lazy lazy bait
have a pity (You)

>>64326900
I unironically love the prequels.

Also, the reddit opinion would be that the prequels are bad.
Try keep up.
>>
>I like 'em cuz they were in front of me when I was little

And I like xXx and Undercover
Brother for the same reason, but you don't see me defending them like they're objectively superior to anything else.
>>
>>64326990
>le false equivalency faec
>>
>>64326940
>bait

>I love the prequels

lol
>>
>>64327097
good rebuttal
>>
>>64327191
>good rebuttal
good rebuttal
>>
>>64327315
>greentext
blacktext
>>
>>64327082
>le le-Ifying

I'm not comparing them. I'm simply making a point about subjectivity.

People are subject to attach themselves to whatever is around them in childhood. Whether or not the thing they've learned to like has actual merits.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.