[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how exactly did Obi-Wan defeat probably the strongest jedi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (140 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
140 KB, 1440x1080
So how exactly did Obi-Wan defeat probably the strongest jedi since Revan while in his prime?
>>
a clear head and the high ground
>>
he had the high ground
>>
If Obi Wan defeated the strongest Jedi since Revan than why isnt he the chosen one? Why isn't he considered the strongest Jedi?
>>
File: 1451445619607.jpg (53 KB, 741x533) Image search: [Google]
1451445619607.jpg
53 KB, 741x533
Anakin was an arrogant dumbass. Plus he had the high ground
>>
>>64323671
Obi-Wan was also in his prime and a far superior duelist. He defeated Darth fucking Maul as a padawan. And as Anakin's master, taught him everything he knows. I would be more disturbed if he had actually lost to this scrub.
>>
>>64323697
>>64323728
Not to mention that he overestimated his power.
>>
>>64323745
Anakin is space jesus, his dad was the force so of course he has a cool title... Obi wan was just in for the ride and happen to train with anakin so he knew how he fought and all
>>
>>64323671
he had the upper plateau.
>>
>revan

noncanonlol
>>
>>64323671
Easily, cause Revan dont exist
Darth Disney used his money to delete him from the universe
Proving that the only force worth a damn is $
>>
>>64323796
>Obi-Wan was also in his prime
no he wasn't he was in his prime in EP II

>I would be more disturbed if he had actually lost to this scrub

there is literally no reason he should have one that fight if Anakin is supposed to be the strongest Jedi
>>
>>64323671
Obi-wan had a few decades more experience and he was one damn good duelist himself.

Plus he trained Anakin in the ways of the Force and lightsaber combat from day one, he knew exactly what his old apprentice favored and all the tricks he knew.

Above all else: He kept a level head. He waited for his chance and then capitalized big time.
>>
>>64323934
Just because you have a lot of midicholorians doesnt mean you're the best at waving a stick around
>>
Who was Darth Maul? Where did he come from?
>>
Yoda was the most powerful jedi. Stop being stupid
>>
>>64323934
>>Obi-Wan was also in his prime
>no he wasn't he was in his prime in EP II
Nope, he didn't get any weaker between EP II and III. Still in peak condition, just a little older.
>>
What did anakin ever do that set him apart from the other jedi in terms of ability?
>>
>>64323671
Anakin was emotionally and mentally unstable due to having killed a bunch of innocent kids, Samuel L Jackson, and Padme.

He was reckless.

Plus he was going up against a man who knew each and every one of his moves and strategies.

Obi Wan had the high ground in many, many ways.
>>
>>64323934
Anakin may have been the strongest, but that doesn't save him from the consequences of his own stupidity. He lost control of his emotions during the duel on Mustafar and Obi-wan was able to exploit that in a way that cost him big time.
>>
>>64323671
Anakin never finished his padawanship and his anger made him weaker. Obi wan was probably the best duelist around after doku died, who teached qui gon, who teached obi wan.
i ammpretty sure the movies harp that he becomes the chosen one when he throws sidious down the space well.
>>
>>64323671
Midichlorians aren't a power level. It's not like Dragonball Z. Obi-Wan's experience and wisdom got the best of Anakin's fear and confusion.

Also, Obi-Wan is one of the most skilled Jedi. He's not a pushover by any means
>>
Obi Wan was the master of his lightsaber style and basically goaded Anakin to bum rush into his own demise.
>>
Anakin had been awake for a few days and was tired as fuck, not thinking straight and very close to losing his shit - he's also got a highly aggressive style of fighting

Obi Wan was fully rested, cool headed, taught Anakin everything he knows and has a very defensive style of fighting

I think in most cases, Anakin would beat him easily and in fact had he not been so arrogant and stupid he would have won but it's not hard to see why Obi Wan got the better of him
>>
>>64323956
>>64324064

>Plus he was going up against a man who knew each and every one of his moves and strategies.
>Plus he trained Anakin in the ways of the Force and lightsaber combat from day one, he knew exactly what his old apprentice favored and all the tricks he knew.

the same can be said for anakin, he trained with Obi Wan and fought alongside him so he should have known all of his tricks
>>
>>64324218
No he does no. Obi wan is a master at his style of fighting. Anakin is not.you can even see it in the doku fight.
anakin is stronger with the force but to clouded to use it properly. Obi wan is the far superior duelist.
>>
>>64324218
Wrong. A master never teaches his best tricks to a student, only to another master.
>>
>>64324018
Kenobi's considered the best form 3 (aka pure defense) practitioner:

"Kenobi proved to be one of the only Jedi able to engage Darth Vader and emerge victorious, as his Soresu mastery perfectly countered Vader's angry Form V. Kenobi simply deflected and blocked Darth Vader's relentless rain of blows, returning counter-blows himself to disrupt Vader's onslaught, all the while guiding the battle to a location of his choice, before finally dismembering the hapless and enraged Sith Lord when his defense lapsed."

Long and short of it, Obi-Wan just tried to outlast Anakin until he made a huge gamble.
>>
>>64324218
That's one of the points of the mustfar duel, they are almost mirrors of each other in a way. Equal.

Obviously Anakin favors offense while Obi favors defense.
>>
>>64324162
>he's also got a highly aggressive style of fighting
>Obi Wan was fully rested, cool headed, taught Anakin everything he knows and has a very defensive style of fighting

all piercing spear beats impenetrable shield
>>
Anakin is clearly dominating most of the fight, he only lost because of his arrogance.
>>
Obi-Wan's style was the perfect counter to Anakin's. He just needed to defend against Anakin's onslaught until he saw a way out, coupled with Anakin's lack of emotional control and most likely fatigue contributing to his growing sense of frustration it makes sense Obi-Wan was able to capitalize on it.
>>
revan wasn't even that powerful, he just had charisma
>>
File: 1.webm (865 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
865 KB, 718x404
>>64324117
This senpai

People shit on the duels in the prequels, yet they don't understand that there are different types of dueling

Makashi, The Way of the Ysalamiri, or The Contention Form. Makashi was described as elegant and focused, and was based on balance and footwork to outmaneuver opponents. Fluidity, precision, and economy of motion were relied on, rather than strength, with Form II bladework heavily utilizing jabs and light cuts rather than hack and slash movements.

Notable Users Count Dooku
>>
>>64324218

the dark side's biggest trait is arrogance, it is the downfall of many users of it.

You feed on emotion so you're more or less 'going' with it instead of using logic.

it is a different use from light side practioners
>>
>>64324352
and you know immortality
>>
>>64324284
Only if the users of both objects are of the same quality and the all penetrating spear is not an enraged, blinded and misguidedmfool.
>>
>>64324301

/this
>>
File: 1.gif (1000 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1000 KB, 500x204
>>64324361
See the difference?

Soresu, the Way of the Mynock, or the Resilience Form. Soresu relied on tight bladework and subtle dodges to provide maximum defensive coverage, minimizing exposure to ranged weaponry. Over time, Soresu transcended this basic origin, and came to be considered the ultimate expression of non-aggressive Jedi philosophy.

Notable User Obi Wan Kenobi
>>
>>64324361

Watching Dooku fight was cool
>>
>>64323671
>Strongest Jedi Since Revan
I don't know about you, but I think that title belongs to the Exile.
I mean yeah, Revan is based as all hell, but is he so based that just touching him sent the human Death Star to his knees?

>>64323910
Many KotOR planets including Rakata Prime, Malachor and Korriban got re-introduced into the lore.
>>
>>64323671
Obi-won had the high ground, which confers a +1 bonus to attack rolls.
>>
Anakin lost control of his emotion/anger and tried something really stupid.

Also, I don't think people really get that Anakin had next to no sleep after the jedi temple purge. He had been running for days at the point of the duel with Obi-wan.
>>
File: 1.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
2 MB, 718x404
>>64324425
The Way of the Krayt Dragon or The Perseverance Form. Form V combat was characterized by power attacks and defense immediately followed by a counter-strike. Shien, considered the classical variant of Form V, was more adept at blocking blaster bolts than for blade-to-blade combat, whereas Djem So was developed later and was specifically intended for use in lightsaber combat. The form is typically characterized by brute force.

Notable Users:
Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
>>
>>64323671
>So how exactly did Obi-Wan defeat probably the strongest jedi since Revan
Citation needed. He never did anything that would suggest this.
>while in his prime?
Obi Wan was one lucky sonovabitch, unnaturally so, specially in the prequels. Remember his duel with Darth Maul, his fight with Jango Fett and his duel with Grievous. He always made it out of impossible situations by dumb luck, even after losing his sabre constantly.
>>
A Jedi and a Sith of equal power, the Sith will always lose. Because the Light is used for defence, and that is when they are their strongest.

The sith is strongest when they are fueling the force with their emotions. This leads them to power but it can also be foolhardy. Overconfidence is a part of their power - they fight and seem stronger than they are because they BELIEVE that they are.

Its just that Obi-Wan was such a perfect match for Anakin - he was able to manipulate him into making an incredibly overconfident attack, and it didn't work.
>>
>>64324425
>tfw the best lightsaber fight in the prequels was in the worst film
>>
>>64324435
Makes me really fear that we get a kotor rip off inst3ad of a good movie.
>>
obi wan was a master of soresu which was the defensive lightsaber style, he wasn't as great as offensive but could literally fight and defend himself in a duel endlessly until the opponent is tired out and makes a mistake

in the novelization of ROTS mace claims obi wan is not only a master of soresu but THE master this is why obi wan was selected to go after grievous and not windu

also anakin was going insane and thought he was powerful enough to do anything even though obi wan literally warned him not to try it
>>
>>64323745
His midichlorian count wasn't cutting it, pham. Gotta have dem midichlorians fo sho.
>>
>>64324519
A well made Kotor movie would be good, I think.
Kotor did what people expected the prequels to do, it gave context and relatability to the Sith.
But "well made" doesn't seem to be in the future of any movie I see.
>>
File: 1.webm (1 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
1 MB, 718x404
>>64324518
>tfw we only got to see based Mace Windu show off his skill only once, easily making quick work of Jango Fett

>he could have killed the Emperor had it not been for Anakin

Mace Windu is one of the most interesting Jedis
>>
>>64324510
>he purposefully trained him incorrectly, as a joke.
That cheeky bugger...
>>
>>64324274
TL;DR
>obi-wan had the high ground
>>
>>64324605
That Windu-Sheev scene always peeved me, if the other three jedi were going to get killed in an instant why even include them in the first place?

I enjoyed watching these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKqH6vlGHU
>>
>>64324605
>Mace Windu is one of the most interesting Jedis
Yeah, if you could call him a Jedi since he was about to break the Jedi code by killing Palpatine
>>
>>64324570
I don't know about that. I mean, not even modern Bioware could do a KotOR sequel properly, resulting in that TOR abomination that ruined everything forever. Also the script for KotOR makes for a good game because you have dozens of hours to explain everything and build those characters while doing fetch quests, you'd have to skim a ton of that just to end up with something filmable, and there aren't many setpieces to entertain an audience. I think it worked beautifully as a game, but would be terrible as a movie.
>>
>>64324435
>I don't know about you, but I think that title belongs to the Exile.

how do you know the exile is stronger than Revan?

>the human Death Star
Who is this? Darth Sion?
>>
>>64324605
He's not interesting, he just has a purple saber that says "BMF" on it. What are you, a cat?
>>
>>64323981
He was Darth Plagueis
>>
>>64324717
>how do you know the exile is stronger than Revan?
He/she is a wound in the force. Anyone who relies on the force to draw power from it is immediately fucked while facing the exile, as seen in the Ravager with Darth Nihilus.
>>
>>64324678
Because sheev lost on purpose. He needed the blunt winduu to win over anakin.
>>
Revan is not canon.
>>
>>64324057
He tried spinning.
>>
>>64324678

to show how even jedi masters could be killed easily by someone as dangerous as palpatine
>>
So is the light side objectively stronger than the dark side in the end?
>>
>>64324808
depending on the wielder, assuming equal strength and distinctly dark/light saber forms, light should win. Light = endurance Dark = strength
>>
>>64323671
I don't think anyone can beat Obi-Wan if he has the high ground.
>>
>>64324794
Well yeah, but the old republic era was thousands of years before the movies, so whether they're canon or not doesn't matter. They were purposefully set that far for this.
>>
>>64324851
Rey
>>
>>64324845
rather, assuming equal skill. Dark side gets mad and uses strength, light side gets calm and uses defence. who do you think will win
>>
>>64324368
This is the best explanation. Sadly, no one has taken notice.

Inb4samefag
>>
File: 1.gif (496 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
496 KB, 500x250
>>64324734
You really don't think he is interesting?

He's the second-in--command to Jedi Master Yoda, and is considered in the upper echelon of Jedi Masters throughout all of history. Windu declines taking Anakin into training, and he is cautious of Palpatine -- two points where Yoda fails big time.

He urgers Yoda to go get the clones to save Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme and to stop Dooku.

Stronger than Sheev and Jango Fett.
>>
>>64324845

this has been a huge question because it brings into the universe if the force has a will of its own or not.

The flowing river, being diverted metaphor and metaphysical nature always seems to be the backdrop for this question.

If force has aspects of these things in itself before sentience then it would mean the will of the force is the deciding component and not practitioner

if the user is what reflects that element, the unifying force..then it would mean how strongly the user embraces that side in the fight.

Also brings in revan argument because he used both sides.
>>
>>64324717
The Anon you replied to here, and pretty much what >>64324772 said.
The human Death Star is Darth Nihilus. I mean his power literally is that he sucks the life out of entire planets and leaves nothing.

Revan's worst challenge, also was just to break his former apprentice.
The Exile took on 2 Emperor level entities (Nihilus and Traya) as well as Sion who was a beast.
>>
>>64324605
he was one of the only jedi to master all 6 lightsaber forms then even created a seventh one which was probably the most powerful fighting style of them all, that's how he beat sheev he's OP as fuck
>>
>>64324794

Will Disney make their own version of Revan like how Kylo Ren was inspired from a character in the EU?
>>
>>64324926
>The Exile took on 2 Emperor level entities (Nihilus and Traya)
yes and both of them were weakened.
>>
>>64324885

I know you're not me, but I've been thinking about Jacen's theory on lightside ossification and being imbued with so much serenity may detach you and leave you as exposed as giving into the dark side.

Maybe it is balance, like prophecy stated but in all things, even the good guys
>>
if you notice, what anakin does is literally try to jump overtop Obi-Wan while defending.

He thought he could do it, but obi-wan attacked, and he failed to defend.
>>
>>64324910
>You really don't think he is interesting?
Maybe if he had more of a personality, he just wasn't written very well. His rank is entirely irrelevant to this debate. His only defining traits are his purple saber and being black, to be honest.
>>
Objectively, Phantom Menace was a good movie.
>>
>Basically 2016
>Still talking about high ground
>>
>>64324972
Kreia wasn't weakened at all, she went all out at the exile. Nihilus was hungry, which is hardly what you'd call weakened. It only meant he had to feed on even more force.
>>
>>64325058

>lucas creates new things that are memorable even if questionable execution

>massive corporation copies his homework and people try to shit on him
>>
>>64325058
This is what some faget on lower ground would say.
>>
>>64325020
Samuel L Jackson obviously has personality. Mace Windu seems boring because that's his character. Like >>64324957 said, he's considered a legend...or was before the entire Jedi Order went extinct. His stoicism is hiding his extremely large Force power and lightsabre skills. If there was a perfect Jedi, it would be Mace Windu or Obi-Wan.
>>
>>64324976
that's pretty much exactly what the Jedi did.

They become too authoritarian.

A dictator is a dictator, if they do it for themselves or for "the good of the republic, for democracy"

Think about what Mace was gonna do, and think about what the Jedi were doing in general. They were trying to protect the republic, and they were overstepping their own rules to do it.

It reminds me of how people think Liberals can do no wrong because they have "greater good" in mind. Its exactly like that.
>>
>>64324972
Yes, both of them were weakened, by the Exile.
One, because the Exile is a wound in the force, and the other, because of her ties to the Exile.

In case that attacking someone on multiple fronts still doesn't sound like a victory to you, I refer you to the Sword Master.
http://oglaf.com/swordmaster/
>>
>>64325066
>Kreia wasn't weakened at all, she went all out at the exile.
she was blind and only had one hand
>>
>tfw you high ground af and a sith deals in absolutes near you
>>
>>64325125
>Yes, both of them were weakened, by the Exile & friends
ftfy
>>
>>64325098
You're dumb as a brick, he didn't create fuckall. The prequels were the definition of movies directed by committee. ILM had more of a hand in creating the world of the prequels than George ever did, he pretty much just approved or rejected whatever they made for him.
Stop trying to make him into some kind of hero, he's a petty cunt.
>>
Why was Windu the only Jedi with a purple light Saber?
>>
>>64325132
Ehem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
And all that.

>>64325165
Exile is also a natural leader, who can form a bond with all sorts of people touched by the force. How does that not add to his power?
>>
>>64325108
>Samuel L Jackson obviously has personality.
Of course, he's a good actor, he wasn't the problem, the problem was the script. Everyone was written as a blank slate and Windu was no exception. I guess Palpatine had some manner of personality, but everyone else was interchangeable and blank.
>>
File: Rey2-Fathead.png (3 MB, 2220x2748) Image search: [Google]
Rey2-Fathead.png
3 MB, 2220x2748
>>64324968
They already have.
>>
>>64325132
>she was blind and only had one hand
Did you not finish the game? She hardly needed to see or to use her hands at all.
>>64325163
Check your high ground privilege, rebel scum.
>>
>>64324968
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>64323671
Obi-Wan was the master of Form III combat, Soresu was full defense mode. Anakin used Form V combat which is a more offensive but risky Form III variant.
>>
>>64324708
I really think they're gonna make and HD remake of the original game with a couple hours of added story content and some scrubbing of the original script by the Lucas Story Group. This will be Disney's playground to get their hands dirty with ancient Jedi and Sith stuff.

Makes more sense than a movie.Plus they don't have to pay any residuals.
>>
>>64325168

You keep repeating that, I'm sure some day, someone will believe you.

>RAR RAR LUCAS WAS JUST ALWAYS IN RIGHT PLACE AT RIGHT TIME AND NEVER DID ANYTHING RIGHT ARGGH REEEEE
>>
>>64325462
>You keep repeating that
No, I just posted that this one time, you crazy fuck. And he had a talent for scouting talent. He had a talent for marketing, getting the right people and pushing his ideas. Whenever he was part of the creative process, though, everything went to shit. It's common to blame/attribute everything to one man, but that's never the case with studio films in general and certainly not with Star Wars.
>>
>>64325108
Mace was the perfect jedi. He was the only one that CONSISTENTLY gave Anakin shit through the entirety of the prequels, he gave him the stink eye from day one, that nigga knew.

And he also knew that to be a truly great jedi requires balance of the force, which is why he would have killed Sheev. Yoda knew this as well, and he would have killed the emperor himself had he been strong enough.
>>
>>64325207
In cannon, he wasn't.

In Episodes 4,5,6, and 1, Blue signified a Jedi Knight or Guardian, while Green signified a Jedi Master or Consular.

Most Jedi are Knights. Usually a Jedi starts as a Youngling, becomes a Padawan, and then takes the trails to become a Knight. During the trials, one of the objectives is to find a crystal and craft your own light sabre.

A Knight/Guardian = one who is just starting his own personal Force training away from apprenticeship, usually on a physical level. Obi-Wan in Episode II or Luke during Episode V

A Master/Consular = one who understands the Force at a deeper, metaphysical level. These are guys like Yoda, Mace Windu, and Qui-Gon Jinn, or Luke during Episode VI

It should be noted that Master's can use any blade color they want, while Knights are only limited to Blue. Obi-Wan was a Master by Episode III, but still used his blue light sabre.

Purple crystals are extremely rare by the time of the Star Wars sage. Mace Windu built his sabre a long time ago before all the purple crystals were lost

Yoda probably has a purple one also, but its never shown
>>
>>64323671
For one, being the Chosen One means fuck-all in terms of lightsaber combat. Anakin was also not yet in his prime; he was coming close, but it is apparent that he was just fresh out of his training and on his own. It seems like Jedi don't reach their full potential with the force until their 40s or 50s.

Obi-wan taught Anakin everything he knows in terms of combat. Plus, Anakin was told he was hot shit since the day Qui-Gon tripped over his slave ass on Tastooine. He had a huge ego and was horribly overconfident and that played right into Obi-wan's strengths in defensive combat.
>>
>>64323671
HE HAD THE HIGH GROUND.
>>
>>64323671
he was in an elevated position
>>
>>64324361
>Anakin literally tried hugging Dooky before getting his arm chopped
fucking retard
>>
>student has any hopes of defeating his teacher

lel

Bullshitting aside Anakin just had his Dark Side powers for hours before facing Obi-wan. If Anakin had years of practicing his newfound power I think he would've won.
>>
>>64325577

no matter how you qualify it, what I said here >>64325462

is exactly what you sound like, no argument you can dream up will change that, let it go.
>>
File: Oprah-Color-Purple-Reunion.jpg (63 KB, 450x316) Image search: [Google]
Oprah-Color-Purple-Reunion.jpg
63 KB, 450x316
>>64325207

niggers love purple for some reason
>>
>>64325650
This, basically. BUT....Anakin's prime was actually when he was just born. Episode 1 is when Anakin was at his prime, Force wise; Anakin's innocence is what made him powerful. This becomes very obvious during the pod-races and while he is blowing up the trade federation ship. Also, he is only 9 years old and can fucking read the mind of Yoda, among other things.

He was never meant to be a Jedi, which is explained in Episode I and II. He was also never meant to be a Sith. Anakin's destiny was to be the Perfect Balance -- not a Jedi, not a Sith, but innocent in the Force.
>>
Obi's style is literally unbeatable as long as he doesn't get hotheaded and slip up. Which he never really did.
>>
I give a lot of shit to this movie, but I recently researched it and noticed Obi-Wan pays attention to environmental hazards and proactively takes measures avoid them. Manakin just goes berserk and tunnel visions on hitting Obi-Wan, missing the opportunity to obtain the high ground.

Also, Anakin is like a scrub driver in a high end sports car. Obi-Wan is an experienced driver is a not-as-powerful, but decent car.
>>
obi-wan was a level 95 light-side jedi and had a count of around 15,000 midichlorians. anakin was still a transitioning jedi [a trans-jedi] so he wasn't as strong in the dark side, despite having a midichlorian count of 20,000 and being level 90. in addition to that, having the high ground gives a boost of +~6000 midichlorians to your powerlevel,
>>
>>64325874
Fuck. I meant rewatched, not researched. Fuck shit autocorrect
>>
>>64325847
remember that time when Yoda said that the prophecy that the entire prequel series is based off of might have been misread? did that ever get cleared up?
>>
>>64325887
His midichlorian count was 20,000 only when he was 9. It was probably nearly 100,000 while he was in the womb.

During Episode III, I wager it was extremely lowered due to his conflicting soul. Probably somewhere close to 5,000-10,000 when he fought Luke.
>>
>>64325956
Well the "chosen one" could have meant Luke or Anakin, but everyone in the prequels thought that it must have been only for Anakin, and didn't even think that there could have been another Skywalker.
>>
Midichlorians literally ruined Star Wars arguments and conversations forever
>>
>>64325956

I think the actions of the universe spell out that he was right and it was misread or not fully understood.

Why would you train the guy that helps slaughter you all?
>>
your an up and coming padawan you can pick only one master who do you choose?

Yoda:
>will teach you to be well versed in all lightsaber forms
>mainly teaches you not to rely on your skills but more on controlling your emotions and diplomacy
>is friendly but kinda boring can't have a normal conversation with the guy

Mace windu:
>teaches you to master all 7 forms, and heavily rely on your lightsaber skills for all scenarios
>not very friendly is very strict and will push you to your limits
>potentially become one of the best swordsman of the jedi

Obi Wan:
>will teach you advanced fighting combat
but will mainly teach you to become one of the true masters of the defensive form
>is friendly and genuine can be strict but will keep you level headed
>will grow to become a father figure and teach to become a master and the ideal jedi

Sheev Palpatine:
>will teach you to master all forms, as well as manipulation, deception and diplomacy
>but more importantly the secret powers of the dark side
>is a bit weird but quite amusing and tells good stories
>prepare to eventually betray your jedi brothers to extinction lose all sanity and compassion
>but in return gain UNLIMITED POWER
>will have to eventually try to kill sheev before he kills you
>>
>>64325956
Well, the Prophecy in itself is what we could call a jedi propaganda tool. The Sith do not believe in the Prophecy.

Think of weighted scales balancing out. Good on one side, evil on the other. How does that make sense? Why would somebody want evil on their scale?

To a Jedi, they are constantly unbalanced at the slightest presence of the Dark Side --"Balance" is a nice word for "kill all the Sith"

What the prophecy truly was, is that it was "Balance" as in "no more Sith, no more Jedi" and it was supposed to start with Anakin being born innocent and in pure Force -- Anakin himself being a very sweet, loving, and caring person before being corrupted by the Sith.
>>
>>64326084
Mace Windu
>>
>>64326084

I would say Yoda considering his apprentice survived the longest.
>>
>>64323671
because anakin wasn't very smart. all that stupid jedi flipping and shit. huge tactical error. flipping like he did will leave you with your back to your opponent, which against someone like kenobi, you can't afford to do. he jumped and flipped, kenobi just hacked at him just before anakin was able to see kenobi again.

according to the art books released at the time, that fight was supposed to be so much better. we got ripped off in that movie.
>>
>>64325857
Then why did Saruman beat him
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O802FzCKVE&t=5m24s
>>
>>64326084
Based Windu
>>
>>64326084

Sheev so I can be the guy who throws him down the shaft.
>>
>>64326084
sheev and i wouldn't kill him we would rule the galaxy forever while he tells me old sith stories by the fireplace

he was a good friend
>>
>>64326084
Not sure where you're getting that about Yoda, he's very serious on the council, but is depicted as being good humored most other times

That being said, I'd still go with Mace. He seems like a no bullshit kinda guy, teach them the skills and let them figure out the rest on their own
>>
>>64325620
Dumbest shit I've ever read. Fuck off.
>>
>>64326084
>Sheev & Yoda
>Teach you all light saber forms
This shouldn't bother me so much time after the prequels, but it does.
This is the one thing I can't let go about them.
Palpatine and Yoda should be above and beyond lightsaber combat.
>>
>>64326183
Anakin was there to distract him and he lost focus?
>>
>>64326277
How would a force only fight play out?
>>
>>64326084
I pick plo koon
>>
>>64325620
citation needed
>>
>>64326341
Remember that time when Yoda and Dooku started throwing lightning at eachother?
Kind of like that, except probably not stop in the middle of it.
I mean Vader and Luke didn't stop after trading three blows saying "Well, I can't hit you for shit with this light sword I have, might as well try doing something else."
Better yet, it wouldn't play out at all. We'd just get glimpses of it, and we could use our imaginations, like we did while Yoda was explaining the Force, and as Obi-Wan was talking about the great and gone Jedi Order.
>>
>>64323671

Obi-Wan parked the bus.
>>
>>64326657

Are you trying to say he took Anakin to school?
>>
>>64326333
Dooku was a duelist only matched by Windu according to the EU lore. Doesn't make sense that Anakin could beat Dooku, but then lose to Obi. Guess its a "Any given sunday" type deal.
>>
>>64326873
Obi Wan was the Eli of Star Wars
>>
>>64326873
Anakin had more mitochondria
>>
>>64327002
Wouldn't he have less since Dooku chopped his forearm off?
>>
>>64327026
lol I always wondered about that, but I guess it doesnt work that way if Vader was half robot when he force choked someone to death that was on another ship
>>
>>64326873
Anakin doesn' beat doku. Anakin and obi wan together threaten him, but sejng the knteractiin between palpatine and doku its quite obvious doku didn't really feel threatened or cared.
on top of that anakin is true minded jn the fight compeltly opposite to the obi wan fight where he is a mental wrack.
>>
>>64327026
According to Anakin himself, his power had doubled between the 2 times he fought Dracula.
>>
>>64327100
Anakin was surely bluffing and trying to making Dooku nervous with that statement. Dooku straight up manhandled Anakin in the first fight. A better statement by Anakin would have been "My power has risen to over 9000 Count"
>>
>>64324696
Mace already flirted with the dark side through his combat. He was anything but a light side purist.
>>
>>64324064
nah that explanation is true

anakin was the typical overzealous blind attack where he believed he was invincible and the most powerful because thats what he believed, but the reality was "the high ground" like, back in reality, obi wan mastered the force and was a jedi master, and was rational and sane while anakain was killing babies and shit in fueled rage

same could be said about like, you can have some strong nigger come at you, but if your trained, and patient, and have a cool head, you can take out even the biggest nigger around, a lot of the time you want to get a nigger mad due to them starting to make mistakes and lowering their guard and stuff

its a fencing match, anakin lunged in a way that made him completely vulnerable and was trapped on a floating thing in lava, he was fucked

not gonna apologize for shitty writing and shitty set pieces for what could have been an epic struggle, instead it got drowned in bad CGI and bad dialog
>>
>>64327256
But he was already over 20,000
>>
>>64327002
Star Wars isn't fucking anime. Power levels seriously don't mean shit in an actual dual. A great fighter can still make a mistake and lose his life.
>>
>>64327100
He truly was the Reverse Vegeta.
>>
If Anakin had the Sheev Spin in his arsenal, he could have beaten the high ground advantage easily. Honestly he should have just training with Sheev for however long it took to learn that move and then he'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>64324274
tldr NOT CANNON FAGGOT
>>
>>64327100

Damn I just realized Clone Wars was a HUUUGE gap between Attack of the Clones and RotS
>>
>>64323781
>I seriously hope you don't try it.jpg
>>
>>64323745
being a strong jedi wasn't only about being able to fight with a lightsaber. Not that the prequels portrayed this in any way but whatever, who cares, its just star wars
>>
>>64327404
That's now how the Star Wars canon works. All legends are still usable for reference unless there's something in official canon that contradicts them.
>>
>>64323796
>Obi-Wan was also in his prime and a far superior duelist.

He was the best duellist, his skills with the lightsaber were just incredible, he was better than windu.
>>
>>64323796
>He defeated Darth fucking Maul as a padawan

If Maul has the high ground how did he lose?
>>
Anakin = Real Madrid
Obi-Wan = Chelsea
Mace Windu = Arsenal
Yoda = Barcelona
Sheev = Bayern Munich
Count Dooku = Atletico Madrid
Kylo Ren = Manchester City
>>
>>64324490

0:03

Light saber couldn't cut through metal, shit movie
>>
>>64327540
How do you think Obi-Wan learned how to abuse the high ground?
>>
>>64326190
holy shit that's awful
>>
Anakin was all ego, he tells Padme that he has become stronger then any jedi even though all hes done since turning to the dark side is slaughter some younglings.
>>
>>64327472
Mace and Dooku are clearly stated as the best duelists in the galaxy.

All this powerlevel circlejerking makes me hate the EU and retarded cartoons that have come out since the end of EpIII. I just appreciated Dooku as this kinda older former Jedi way past his prime that is a pawn of Sheev until Anakin is ready to replace him.

Now thanks to the lore he is this god tier duelist and plannner who wanted to take out Sheev and make his own destiny.
>>
File: 1354477539246.png (90 KB, 123x287) Image search: [Google]
1354477539246.png
90 KB, 123x287
>>64327554
>Divegrass
>>
>>64327100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cmwTrTMqCo

>people actually defend Hamden's acting in these movies
>>
File: 1430564871518.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1430564871518.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>64327657
>Americans have to play their own sports because they can't compete with the rest of the world
>>
File: 1384133398363.jpg (44 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1384133398363.jpg
44 KB, 480x480
>>64327691
>Have to come up with a real sport because the rest of the world is worthless
>>
>>64327691
Well we dominate the world in every sport thanks to the Olympics. Guess we had to give the plebs one thing to be good at.
>>
>>64323671
By being able to train the strongest Jedi since Revan into his prime. Obi swings a hefty saber.
>>
>>64327789
per capita you don't
>>
>>64327814
>arbitrary percentage due to population

We have the most gold medals, deal with it.
>>
File: 1403804693324.jpg (64 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
1403804693324.jpg
64 KB, 640x432
>>64327814
>per capita
>>
>>64327814
It's like I took a time warp to 2012 /sp/
>>
>>64325117
Reading stuff like this makes me appreciate the prequels even more.
I'm not trying to meme but Lucas doesn't deserve the hate he gets
>>
>>64327913
>tfw it's 4 years later so it's coming again
It's astounding.
Time is fleeting.
Madness, takes it toll...
>>
>>64323671
EU is kill, shitbird

cry me a river now

XDXDDDD
>>
>>64325956

Yoda thought it might've been misread due to the dark influence he sensed in anakin. He doubted that he was the chosen one.

Lucas confirmed that the prophecy is true and anakin is the chosen one though. Vader killing Palpatine in ROTJ restored balance to the force, it just took him several decades and succumbing to evil in order to do it.
>>
>>64328226
Lucas's dumbass can't confirm shit.
>>
>>64323934
The novelizations established that Obi Wan's prime was in Ep III. In between he improved considerably, which he should, since fighting in a continuous wars for years on end, you would get better and better at fighting.

In fact in Ep III, you see that BOTH he and Anakin improved enough to give Dooku a better fight. In Ep II Dooku toyed with them and then beat them easily. In Ep III it was a more even fight, and Dooku was forced to use the force to compensate for his lightsaber technique becoming insufficient to kill Obi Wan or Anakin.
>>
Revan wasn't strong. He failed as a Jedi when he fell to the dark side. Then he failed as a Sith when the Jedi strike team attacked and his apprentice usurped him. His ``redemption'' wasn't even voluntary as the Jedi brainwashed him.
>>
File: you_are_wrong.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
you_are_wrong.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>64327814
>per capita
>>
>>64324361
that super long pause where dooku has his arms above his head, wtf?
>>
>>64327643
>I just appreciated Dooku as this kinda older former Jedi way past his prime

so how strong was Dooku in his prime?
>>
>>64329070
Better than Yoda
>>
>>64324490

Such a terrible fucking duel, why does darth vader just fall over randomly?
>>
>>64324425
He didn't use soresu until after Qui Gon died though you retard.
>>
>this
>why did Rey defeat whiny faggot vader wannabe

Almost the only message of this series if that if you're dark side you're not as strong as you think you are.
>>
>>64324968
are you dumb

who do you think Kylo was inspired by?
>>
>>64323671
Uh, watch Revenge of the Sith, OP. You chose a picture from the flick.
>>
>muh power levels

defining characters by power level instead of complexity is why the prequels are non-canon
>>
Can someone explain what the point of retconning in midichlorians was in the prequel trilogy?
>>
>>64330233
No one but Lucas really could. I don't know why it pissed everyone off though, I thought it was pretty cool.
>>
>>64330291
see
>>64330121
>>
>>64329070
Must've been pretty hot shit since he was one of Yoda's last apprentices.
>>
>>64330233
Lucas had the idea for a while of symbiosis and wanted to put it in to a Star Wars film. He wanted symbiosis to be the explanation as to why the force speaks to people. He used an old idea as the vehicle for this, midichlorians.
>>
>>64331108
>muh secret ruling bloodline with magical powers
>>
>>64328226
I always thought that balanced in the force meant no more jedi or sith, luke should have been either the last one or made a new jedi school where both the use of the dark and light side was made.
>>
>>64323671
Anakin was a idiot savant
>>
>>64329536
He losing his footing on the underswing dodge

It actually the 2nd best duel in the saga so fuck off pleb
>>
>>64324696
>>64327257
Yet someone so close to the dark side is allowed to sit so high up on the Jedi Council?

Naw. SLJ was a terrible choice for Mace Dindu.
>>
>>64324777
Bullshit. He had no idea Anakin was going to come.
>>
>>64324794
>>64324865
>>64324968
Reminder the Star Forge IS canon. Revan is canon is all but literal writing. Cuck yourself.
>>
>>64323901
Latest concept books reference Malachor V going down - degree away from confirmed Revan.
>>
>>64327814
you post this on /pol/ and you're king of the black crime arguement
>>
>>64332349

that's fine anyway cause kotor 2 is the better game
>>
>>64323671

From Anakin's point of view, Obi Wan lost the duel
>>
>>64323671
>his prime

You mean while conflicted inside by both dark side and light side? thats the shittiest state for a knight being it jedi or sith, see Kylo Ren for example, yes hes powerfull as fuck, but doesnt know well how to channel that power and use it properly.

Anakin was like that in epIII, that internal conflict made him hessitate many times, by the power he had the fight shouldnt have lasted even a minute, but "muh epic lava battle and edgy I HATE YOU LINES"
>>
>>64325803
>is exactly what you sound like, no argument you can dream up will change that, let it go.
You're a petty retard who throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get it his way. Go behave like a child elsewhere.
>>
>>64333793
>>64325803
>>64325577
>>64325462
>>64325168
>>64325098
>>64325058
Tell that to Kanji Club.
>>
>>64332332
Not how these things work. Just because a planet is made canon doesn't mean everything else is. Disney stated it's only TCW, Rebels, and the movies. Search your feelings.
>>
>>64326102
It seems like Anakin became corrupted by the Jedi and their bullshit passive celibate order, rather than the sith. I mean he was a pretty good hearted kid in I but was allready an asshole at the beginning of II
>>
>>64323671
Because innate skill is less important than experience.
>>
>>64323671
just because you are the best, doesn't mean you can't lose.
>>
>>64326741
Chelsea used that tactic to beat the invincible Barcelona
>>
>>64329328
Yoda was a scrub who didn't win a single battle.
>>
Can't imagine you made this thread with any other response in mind, but like it's already been said he had the fucking high ground you FUCKING idiot.
>>
File: Jedi_Temple_spires_ROTS.png (2 MB, 1640x816) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Temple_spires_ROTS.png
2 MB, 1640x816
>>64328068
>>64325117
the jedi temple was basically a literal ivory tower after all
>>
>>64324284
we are not dealing in absolutes
>>
>>64323671
Obi-Wan is nobody to fuck with. He represented the absolute peak of the Jedi Order as it existed in the years before.

He beat Anakin because Anakin was not yet in his prime (he never achieved it), and because he was consumed by hatred.
>>
>>64324808
According to Yoda it is.
>>
>>64323671
Anakin had a long way to go before reaching his prime.
>>
>>64323745
I could potentially kill The Rock in a sword fight.
>>
>>64326071
I was thinking about this today. On one hand I completely agree that giving the force a biological presence is lame. But, in regards tot he time frame from episode 1 to episode 4, I like the idea that ancient scientific knowledge was lost and misconstrued as magic.
>>
he had the high ground
that shit makes you invulnerable
hence why spinning is a good trick
>>
Anakin wasn't at his prime and Obi-Wan was a duelist on the level of Windu.
>>
>>64336890
Dindu was a bitch nigga.
>>
>>64327540
Obi'Wan threw himself upside down, letting him perceive himself as being on the high ground, giving him the mental edge.
>>
>>64324361
So elegant how Anakin freezes and lets his arm get chopped off
>>
>>64337105
quality movies
>>
>>64324490
This is so much better than the prequel fights.
>>
>>64323671
who said either of them was n their prime in episode 3 ? Fucking retarded fan boy theories
>>
>>64337315
Obi-Wan clearly is though.

>>64337305
Maul vs Obi-Wan is the 4th best fight though.

Luke/Vader>Luke/Vader II>Old Ben/Vader>Obi-wan/Maul
>>
>>64324492
In my experience there is no such thing as luck.
>>
>>64327554
>Obi-Wan
>Chelsea

kys
>>
>>64323804
Lol
>>
Anakin had a higher potential than Obi-Wan, but he hadn't reached it yet.

He was arrogant and ignorant, a foolhardy child. It was said time and time again that he wasn't ready to become a Master, despite his own insistence that he was. He had much to learn, and Obi-Wan had taught him everything that he DID know.

Anakin also said stuff like "Don't make me kill you" and "If you're not with me, you're my enemy", so I would also argue that he was still a little torn, though obviously very far gone.
>>
>>64325720

i shit myself
>>
>>64337403
Yup, Sidious even acknowledged a non-maimed matured Vader would've outclassed him.
>>
>>64325720
>i'll try hugging, that's aAAAAUUUGGHHH
>>
>>64327554
You clearly don't watch much footie, if any, at all with comparisons like that.
>>
>>64333904
Explain the specific inclusion of Rakata Prime into the canon map then.

A planet that was LITERALLY only mentioned in the first KOTOR game.
>>
>>64324425
That's Ataru that he's using in the gif that you've just posted. Both Qui-Gonn and him were utilizing it in the first episode. Soresu was more utilized during the second and third episode.

You can tell by the fact that Obi-Wan kind of switches between one-handed and two-handed stances in those episodes. Ataru is more two-handed and is very rapid and exhausting because you use wide sweeps and jumping/flips.
>>
>>64326084
Obi-Wan. Considering the fact that Mace doesn't utilize all fucking seven forms. He just designed a form that is really aggressive/vicious and relies on sort of going close to the dark side. Juyo. Nevermind the fact that Yoda is the one utilizing all seven forms but mostly sticking with the basic form.
>>
>>64337105
has to be slowed down for the audience to get a good look
just like the old hong kong martial arts movies
>>
>>64323671
>Triggered for the use of retconned material
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.