[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I have a honest discussion of these movies without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1-prequels.jpg (166 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
1-prequels.jpg
166 KB, 1417x700
Be it here or reddit I bring up a PT post and it either gets downvoted with no replies or invaded by man children who still masturbate to VHS tapes.
>>
>>64323404
lack of sophistication, ingrained memes, underage etc
>>
>>64323404
Because the instant people start pointing out how terrible they are and why, you cover your ears, start crying and call everyone a manchild. That's just the kind of fuckup you are.
>>
>>64323554
Hello, Reddit!
>>
Was Rick James in Episode 1?
>>
>>64323554
goes both ways, just replace manchild with "b8" or "nice shitposting"/"nice meme"
>>
>>64323605
Exactly, that's the type of "honest discussion" your vestigial brain brings to the table.
>>
>>64323404
back to the force.net senpai
>>
>>64323554
I know these are overall not good movies but some of the points of how people say they are terrible is just personal opinion and regurgitated shit from RLM.

People see a highly upvoted comment and assume that must be right, and they upvote that comment, rinse and repeat. that's how shit works over at reddit.
>>
>>64323554
>be in a prequel thread
>talking about the movies and what we like about them
>bunch of people come into the thread to say the prequels suck and insult us
>they don't contribute to the discussion
>they just repeat "objectively wrong" at everyone

If you don't like the prequels, that's fine, but you should be able to voice your opinion in a way that actually contributes to the discussion as well as get your point across.
>>
>>64323734
What makes the prequels good?
>>
>>64323641
Go back to reddit
>>
>>64323793
The music, the Clone Wars, the Sith lore, Palpatines deception, tons of Jedi, the grand epic feel think space Rome or space greek tales
>>
>>64323766
>>bunch of people come into the thread to say the prequels suck and insult us
That only happened in your head, faggot. Stop acting like a victim and watching shitty movies.
>>
>>64323797
No, you go back to reddit.
>>
>>64323404
Because you're trying to have an honest discussion on the internet
>>
>>64323958
>says insulting only happens in my head
>insults me
Uh, dude. C'mon.
>>
>>64323898
>the music
Always god tier
>the clone wars
Which we basically don't see since it gets skipped over between 2 and 3.
>Sith lore
One scene
>palps deception
Which was so blatantly obvious it just made the heroes look like retards
>tons of Jedi
Always looked stupid,especially during the arena scene
>>
>>64323898
>clone wars

was only good when Lucas had nothing to do with them
>>
>>64323995
Funny, I bring up the PT in person and people tend to like those more than the originals.
>>
>why can't I have an echo chamber where nobody tells me how terrible these movies are and we can all pretend they're great
Because fuck off back to reddit, you piece of shit.
>>
>>64324073
ha, George was really involved in TCW tv series and that shit is pretty good.
>>
>>64324129
His daughter was, not him.
>>
>>64324170
his daughter wrote those nightsister episodes IIRC and those were rather shitty IMO.
>>
>>64324129
>that episode where blue George senator becomes a gunslinger trying to save his fat blue daughter from greedo
>>
>>64323793
>The Phantom Menace
It's just a good, fun space adventure. Its innocence mirrors Anakin's innocence, although it's ultimately the story of Qui-Gon Jinn and his last adventure. It showed us a lot of things we'd never seen in Star Wars before, while at the same time being very Star Wars. It's just a comfy, cozy film.

>Attack of the Clones
This is the weakest of the prequels, but also answers a question that fans had been asking for a long time: "What was the Clone Wars?" And the answer was something no one expected. It has its moments, like the arena fight and the Dooku fight, Kenobi vs Jango.

>Revenge of the Sith
This is the story people wanted: Anakin's downfall. Strong start, okay middle, excellent ending. A lot of people consider this the best of the prequel trilogy, and I can honestly see where they come from.
>>
>>64323793

Great and varied visuals, actual imagination (or at least borrowing from various older films, instead of just regurgiating what already was in Star Wars), establishing the Clone Wars setting which produced some excellent spinoff media, based Sheev, some excellent fight and chase scenes, soundtracks, good albeit imperfectly executed plot (noticeable less holes over three movies than in TFA alone).

>Which was so blatantly obvious it just made the heroes look like retards

People going into the movies blind usually only did guess that Palpatine is Sidious in ending sequences of either Ep. I or II. Unlike them, Jedi did not have the benefits of the camera suspiciously focusing on Palpatine right after dialogue about Sith or Dark Side. Jedi knew that he should not be trusted by Ep.III but believed him to be just a slimy politician.
>>
>>64324170
>His daughter was, not him.

That's untrue. He was directly involved. On one hand, that's probably why we got more of fucking Jar-Jar. On another, we owe Cad Bane to Lucas. And of course he funded the show lavishly.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.