[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
terrence malick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
where movies do i start to actually appreciate this guy?

i don't understand why /tv/ jumps on this guys dick, all his movies apparently flop hard, yet every upcoming release of his is praised as a potential masterpiece
>>
Stick to Star Wars, kid.
>>
Days Of Heaven
>>
>>64322448
or how about instead of avoiding the question recommend a film of his that actually demonstrates this guy has talent?
>>
>>64322432
start frm the beginning and work your way chronologically
>>
Start with Badlands and go chronologically from there.
>>
>>64322499
You didn't even say whether you've actually seen a single film of his. Why should I bother to seriously reply to a baiting shitposter?
>>
>>64322432
>>64322499
you just
don't
get
it
>>
thin red line, bad lands

generally his earlier stuff has a lot more substance, lately he just seems to go full art school student
>>
>>64322590
>substance
Can you explain?
>>
What movies do you like, OP?
>>
>>64322512
to clarify, this helps to introduce you to his modern style
Badlands - standard good movie with clear narrative
days of Heaven - standardish good movie starting to focus more on beauty
The Thin Red Line - Beautiful grass
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.