[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Anyone on /tv/ remember this show? It aired on MTV in the late 90's. It must have been pretty popular, 'cause it ran for 5 seasons, but I've never met anyone else who's even heard of it before. Probably the only redpilled feminist show I've ever seen, too.
>>
>>64320506
no but Rey is a Mary sue

/thread
>>
>DAE xDDD
Fuck off reddit, everyone remembers Diarrhea
>>
>Redpill
>Feminist

>Daria being anti-social to everyone in school even though nobody bullies her in any way.
>Even the dumbest kids, Brittany and Kevin show kindness and friendship toward her

Daria wasn't redpilled nor a feminist. She was a loser and contrarian.
>>
5 Seasons?

If I recall correctly, Daria jumped the shark real early with the episode where she got contact lenses. There hasn't been a worse half-hour of animation in history.
>>
>my sisters loved this

>I loved Beavis and butthead

and look where I ended up
>>
people talk about it like it was amazing but i don't remember anyone talking about it back in the day
>>
tumblr kids ruined daria
>>
>>64320669
ur a patrician
>>
>>64320506

the large majority of /co/ loves Daria

you're not going to find a lot of Daria fans on /tv/ because /tv/ isn't allowed to like anything that has a woman in it
>>
I always really liked it. Always used to channel surf between MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network.

I think it was a cult hit even at the height of its popularity.
>>
>>64320651

What does DAE mean? Is that a Reddit thing?
>>
>>64320669

Yeah, Daria was a straight-up bitch. They touch on this briefly when Jane gets a bf and Daria becomes jealous that her best friend isn't paying enough attention to her. I feel like they could have done more episodes deconstructing Daria's 'I'm superior to everyone' facade but that likely would've alienated viewers who idolize her.
>>
It ran for 5 seasons?

I only remember it for like one season
>>
FYI the Restoration Project was finished a little while ago and the torrents are up on Myspleen. All original music returned to the episodes. On the DVDs all the original music was cut except for like two songs because they were directly referenced.
>>
File: Downtown.jpg (40 KB, 449x300) Image search: [Google]
Downtown.jpg
40 KB, 449x300
>>64320506
Downtown was infinitely better
>>
>>64320767
Does anyone else
>>
I remember Quinn being my waifu.
>>
Daria is a good show but there is nothing to really talk about. It ended the right time it was running out of ideas. I don't know was it intentional or not that Tom was written like a massive scumbag.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.