[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Rian Johnson is a fan of prequel trilogy:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
Daily reminder that Rian Johnson is a fan of prequel trilogy:

>I'm really excited about all the things I can't tell you", Johnson said, and then recommended that newcomers to Star Wars episodes four to six first, and then one to three. He argued that "storytelling-wise, four to six were constructed without the knowledge of the past", going on to say "there was something really beautiful about the prequels".

>there was something really beautiful about the prequels

Will he save Lucas' legacy?
>>
Rian Johnson will save Star Wars
>>
Too late. JJ set the shit train into motion.
>>
I am sure he will extract the couple good qualities of the prequels and incorporate them while keeping with the feel of these new films.
>>
File: super-8-train-crash11.jpg (28 KB, 465x193) Image search: [Google]
super-8-train-crash11.jpg
28 KB, 465x193
>>64320123
GODAMMIT JJ, NOT AGAIN!!!
>>
I'm already prepared to start bashing Johnson and calling Abrams an unappreciated genius when VIII comes out
>>
>>64320028
"Help me, Rian Johnson. You're my only hope." - Star Wars
>>
>>64320183
I don't think it's possible to extract a great soundrack from John Williams anymore and that's at least 50% of what the prequels had going for them
>>
>>64320028
I think he'll do better than Abrams did. As long as Disney isn't still trying to play it safe.
>>
Remember when Edgar Wright had all these ideas for Ant Man, then Disney bought Marvel and threw it all out until he said "fuck this I quit"?

They will crush Johnson into submission and any unsafe ideas will be thrown out, it will be the same safe crap because that's what the focus groups want.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1916x810) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1916x810
>>64320028
WESSA FREE!!!
>>
File: 4435464.jpg (433 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
4435464.jpg
433 KB, 1500x1000
NES - I, II, III
SNES - IV, V, VI
PS1 - VII, VIII, IX

Its like poetry.
>>
File: 47dJk6v.jpg (83 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
47dJk6v.jpg
83 KB, 640x397
>>64320216

DO NOT USE BEFORE MAY 26, 2017

DO NOT USE BEFORE MAY 26, 2017

>>
>>64320302
They're not retarded, they can telling people's biggest issue with this movie is that it's too safe, they'll let him branch out a little. JJ left Rian in a really great position actually, both Disney and the fans are in a mood for some personal creative input from him right now.
>>
>>64320374
>at least JJ made an actual Star Wars movie
>does anyone else think the prequels are better than the OT?
>force awakens was the best Star Wars objectively

A taste of what's to come
>>
>>64320302
Johnson's script for VIII is done. He didn't quit. IX is in draft. Whatever the story is, it is already.
>>
so on episode viii it says jj as the exec producer and this rian as the director. What's the difference in positions? I like jj's shit. Also since TFA was received so well why are the taking jj off of director
>>
>>64321027
whoa. deep
>>
I'm just excited for Rogue One I don't care about much else.
>>
>>64320371
So IX will be the best one and VIII will be complete trash?
>>
>>64320028
>he made Brick and The Fly episode of breaking bad
>he likes the prequels

you redditors should love it
>>
>>64320465
>IX is in draft
source?
>>
>>64321747

What didn't you like about his directing in the Fly episode of Breaking Bad?
>>
>>64320459
>at least JJ made an actual Star Wars movie
No he didn't

>does anyone else think the prequels are better than the OT?
Sure

>force awakens was the best Star Wars objectively
Whatever helps you sleep at night, shill
>>
>>64320593
>Also since TFA was received so well why are the taking jj off of director
He only signed on to do the first movie to begin with
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.