[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 78967896897.jpg (102 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
78967896897.jpg
102 KB, 612x380
'Disney is doing an incredible job,' says the 'Star Wars' creator

Star Wars creator George Lucas is apologizing after he compared Disney to “white slavers” and criticized The Force Awakens in an interview with CBS’ Charlie Rose. The filmmaker released a statement Thursday clarifying his comments:

>“I want to clarify my interview on the Charlie Rose Show. It was for the Kennedy Center Honors and conducted prior to the premiere of the film. I misspoke and used a very inappropriate analogy, and for that I apologize. I have been working with Disney for 40 years and chose them as the custodians of Star Wars because of my great respect for the company and Bob Iger’s leadership. Disney is doing an incredible job of taking care of and expanding the franchise. I rarely go out with statements to clarify my feelings but I feel it is important to make it clear that I am thrilled that Disney has the franchise and is moving it in such exciting directions in film, television and the parks. Most of all I’m blown away with the record breaking blockbuster success of the new movie and am very proud of JJ and Kathy.”

During the interview, Lucas called The Force Awakens “retro” and spoke about what it was like when Disney bought Lucasfilm. “I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things and…” he said before laughing and cutting himself off and shifting focus to J.J. Abrams, who helmed The Force Awakens. “They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that. Every movie, I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new.”

Earlier this month, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy told The Hollywood Reporter that Lucas had seen and “really liked” the latest film in the franchise.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/31/george-lucas-apologizes-disney-white-slavers
>>
>redditors blowing out of context quotes out of proportion again

why am i not surprised? this is how they came up with the plinkett reviews, disney are already on track for ruining star wars, and these fucks are still bullying george, cant wait for years till now, and people hate disney and want george back.
>>
>>64319220
>IT WAS REDDIT ALL ALONG

fuck off
>>
>>64319353
sup reddit
>>
File: George Lucas.jpg (74 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
George Lucas.jpg
74 KB, 637x480
>>64319053
I'm thinking BJ Dart.
>>
>>64319353
hello reddit
>>
>>64319353
reddit detected
>>
He looked visually distraught during that entire interview. Both his tone of voice and his body language.
>>
Why does his hairline start so fucking low. Does he have a midget head or something? His entire face seems so compact. Just looked up he's only 5'6'' which is shameful but his head should still look kinda normal but it doesn't.

This has been bothering me all day.
>>
>>64319591
he looks like he is just about to cry for the first few seconds.

Considering this I get what he meant with "white slavers". He was sad, and he felt selling the franchise was like selling a child into slavery ( I guess he was thinking about the blacks in africa selling other blacks).
>>
the jews were really fast this time
>>
>>64319053

He was right though.

I have a feeling he was bullied into selling Star Wars somehow. I wonder if Disney threatened him back before the sale was made public.

"Give us Star Wars Georgy, or else".
>>
>>64319053
Looks like Disney revoked his penis privileges.
>>
File: DISNEY0.jpg (26 KB, 460x450) Image search: [Google]
DISNEY0.jpg
26 KB, 460x450
>>64319053

Theres already a thread on this subject

>>64320825
>>64320825
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.