[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk Shrek /tv/. What the fuck is the message of this flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: download (3).jpg (9 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9 KB, 199x253
Lets talk Shrek /tv/. What the fuck is the message of this flick?

>You shouldnt judge people based on their appearance
>Make fun of Lord Farquaad for being short for most of the film
>>
>>64318805

It's fair game if he thinks he's the shit.
>>
It's a deconstruction you dip, the message is that there is no message
>>
>>64318805
Farquaad was Michael Eisner.
>>
>>64318805
I was Farquaad in a nearby city's theater company's production of that. It was fun. I was going to be Shrek but asked for Quaad instead because he's the best part of the show.

Also Musical > 2 > 1 >everything else including 4D
>>
Is it wrong if I unironically think the first movie is a masterpiece?
>>
Lel, you shrekfags are despicable. Shrek was a cuck bringing fiona to farqdaddy. Only ended up with Shrek because she couldn't stay a human forever
>>
>>64318927
>Eisner tells Katzenberg to fuck off at Disney despite making its animation division successful again
>Katz starts Dreamworks
>Makes a character to mock Eisner and whose name sounds like 'fuckwad'

poetry
>>
>>64318805

Yeah because he's a cis normative white male with an ego complex and a lust for women he thinks he is entitled to.

But feminists won't use this movie as a clear example of what misogyny is because it is too cute. It has a talking gingerbread man!
>>
The message is onions
>>
Dr. Shrek, I'm Farquaad
>>
>>64319033
That's fucking funny.
>>
>>64319074
>mfw a woman tries to tell me about how Shrek is a lot like a cake because he has layers
>I tell her she's retarded
>she proceeds to try to reformulate the metaphor as a Parfait instead

Why can't women into cinema?
>>
>>64318839
This.

The creator was making fun and deconstructing the Disney formula.

>>64319000
First Shrek is good, the sequels became Family Guy for kids.
>>
>>64319099
Will Shrek reclaim this board?
>>
It's pretty fucked up to think that Farquaad was swallowed alive and then was digested.
>>
>>64319033
lel I love inter-Jew wars
>>
SOMEBODY
>>
>>64319150
To be fair, Family Guy is Family Guy for kids.
>>
>>64319200
People get killed in gruesome ways all the time in fairy tales, even children.
>>
>>64318805
>only date within your race
>>
>>64318805
Did they ever actually make fun of his height directly?
>>
>>64320676
shrek and donkey spend a few minutes making fun of him to fiona
>>
>>64319228
ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>64318965
the musical doesn't deserved to be ranked alongside the films. It's literally perfect. Sutton is mai waifu.
>>
>>64319014
He wasn't a cuck because he wasn't bringing her to farquad for sexual purposes, or because he wanted her, but because he just wanted his fucking swamp back.
>>
>>64319033
Katzenburg is a turd, dont let him fool you.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.