[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas says he has stayed off the Internet for 15 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
The creator of the legendary Star Wars films said that he has 'assiduously' avoided the internet for 15 years. In a recent interview, George Lucas, 71, told The Washington Post that since 2000 he has stayed off of Facebook, Twitter and even email. The writer-director has done this partly so that he does not have to read 'the worst about himself and his movies', according to the website.

It was in the special edition version of the 1977 film where Greedo shoots Han Solo first instead in which 'deeply offended fans' saw this as a 'sacrilege,' the Washington Post reported. But the filmmaker has defended his decision citing mythological thinking.

'Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, "Should he be a cold-blooded killer?''' Lucas asks.
'Because I was thinking mythologically, "should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne?" 'And I said, "Yeah, he should be John Wayne." And when you're John Wayne, you don't shoot people [first] - you let them have the first shot. 'It's a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3340444/George-Lucas-says-s-stayed-Internet-15-years.html
>>
What an insecure faggot. The guy is a billionaire, he should have thicker skin than that.
>>
now he's bitching about not having control over the franchise he sold
>>
>George Lucas immunizes himself to different opinions
You don't say
>>
File: 1449795344672.jpg (16 KB, 331x327) Image search: [Google]
1449795344672.jpg
16 KB, 331x327
>>64317895
fuck this liar, I know he beats it to r34 jar-jar and Leia-futa.
>>
Why didn't he just ignore the Star Wars shit? It's not that hard to do.

Also, it's not cold-blooded when you're corned out of nowhere by a green fuck who wants to shoot you.
>>
File: 1439823737438.gif (716 KB, 499x368) Image search: [Google]
1439823737438.gif
716 KB, 499x368
>yfw George Lucas invented safe spaces
>>
>>64317895
my dad is 61 and doesnt even know how to use a computer

does this really surprise you
>>
>>64318199
But Lucas knows how to use computers. He directs computers instead of actors.
>>
>>64317895

He's not wrong, but it just seems like such a tiny thing to worry about.

>>64318010

He sold the franchise to Disney cause he hoped Disney would allow him to have some control over Episode VII cause he was friends with Iger who had been begging to buy SW forever.
>>
>He has never seen the Plinkett reviews
>>
>>64318979
well duh, he's not a redditor
>>
>>64318175
defending yourself is wrong when will you cucks learn
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.