[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you fix return of the jedi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14
File: starwarsepisodevistill.jpg (60 KB, 570x363) Image search: [Google]
starwarsepisodevistill.jpg
60 KB, 570x363
how would you fix return of the jedi?
>>
remove the ewoks
>>
Leia does not change Jabba's outfit
>>
Make ewoks wookies even though they don't bother me, also don't intercut endor with the throne room scene
>>
>>64317381

Nostalgia Critic of all people actually had a good idea.

>instead of Ewoks, save Jabba's plot for later in the movie
>have Jabba realize the Empire was interfering with his shit, and have his people fight the Empire instead of the Ewoks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev4mEJjRUDY
>>
>>64317381
Make leia actually have a proper reaction to her realisation that vaders her father.
>>
File: approve edd.png (389 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
approve edd.png
389 KB, 600x450
>>64317402
>>64317447
>>
The Ewoks just didn't work. They were so stiff and clumsy it didn't look like they could climb a chair, much less a tree. It was also completely unbelievable that they just happened to have log swinging traps and catapults set up all over the place and nobody noticed
>>
Less Lucas
>tfw A New Hope is the only good movie Lucas ever made
>>
It's the best movie, nothing needs to be fixed
>>
File: well bart.png (414 KB, 530x464) Image search: [Google]
well bart.png
414 KB, 530x464
>>64317481
>have Jabba realize the Empire was interfering with his shit, and have his people fight the Empire instead of the Ewoks
that would me no boba fett ''death'' and no sexy leia strangling Jabba.not sure if i want that.
>>
>>64317540
I liked the indiana jones movies
>>
>>64317481
>Nostalgia Critic
Stopped reading right there
>>
>complaining about fantasy elements in fantasy films

top lel
>>
>>64317481
That's retarded. You're retarded for thinking it's a good idea.
>>64317381
I don't mind the Ewoks, but they really should have been wookies. Besides that Endor's pacing needs to be tightened.
>>
File: 1442786531821.jpg (5 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1442786531821.jpg
5 KB, 250x166
>>64317584
I like The Expendables
>>
Just watched this today, can't believe Star Wars is only 3 movies long, and that people actually die.
>>
>>64317402

The ewoks are the only thing I didn't even like about RoTJ

People shit on RoTJ but there was a ton of awesome shit in it.

>Jabbas Palace
>Luke fucking up everyone
>Speederbikes
>Endor
>Dat space battle
>Luke vs Vader/Sheev

Its not as good as Empire or A New Hope, but its still damn good
>>
>>64317624
That's not a George Lucas flick. Indiana Jones is.
>>
>>64317669
>Jabbas Palace
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>64317619
Wookies would just destroy the Empire if Ewoks are capable of it as well. It wouldn't even be a fair fight. In fact it would be pretty fucking stupid of the Empire to have a super secret shield generator anywhere near wookies. But I guess they are idiots so it might makes sense.
>>
>>64317447
>Make ewoks wookies

That was Lucas original idea. He never thought he'd get to make EpVI so he made Solo's Co-pilot a Wookie just to get him on screen.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/307-days-until-star-wars-before-ewoks-lucas-planned-to-use-wookiees-against-the-empire
>>
Add the scene back in where luke constructs his lightsaber.
>>
>>64317481
douge please leave
>>
>>64317381
Outside of Ewoks....nothing. It was really good. 9/10
>>
Make it more like the prequels, the greatest movies of all time.
>>
>>64317722
The fact that the fucking ewoks could take down the empire is also ridiculous in it's own right.
>>
>Vader dies
>Luke gets captured by Palpatine
>Luke gets a vader-type suit and replaces Vader after being mind-raped by Palpatine, fulfilling the "Luke head in Vader helmet" from ESB
>death star blown up
>movie ends with victorious rebels celebrating while Han and Leia know something's up, last scene is Vader-Luke standing at Palpy's side in a ship in hyperspace
>>
>Make the Ewoks wookies so chewbacca could lead them so that would give that hairy beast a point.
>change Jabba into something better than a fucking slug thing
>more slave Leia
>learn that Padme actually had Luke and Leia for a few months. That would make more sense for Leia knowing her mother than 'Leiahadtheforcesoshecanrememberpadme.webm
>learn more about Vader and Sidious' partnership as bestos and Sith Lords
>learn more about older Siths like Darth Revan, Nihilus, Bane etc
>>
>>64317493
Thanks man
>>
>>64317381
Erase Ewoks and Endor, replace them with Kashyyyk and Wookies.
>>
>>64317381
I wouldn't.
>>
>>64317952
The whole padme thing is stupid. It's the prequels fault that no longer makes sense, not ROTJ
>>
>>64317896
It is, but they had help from the heroes of the movie. Wookies could probably solo the Empire on Endor (or Kashyyyk, I guess) before the Rebels even knew what was up.

You could also think the Empire chose Endor because they felt that Ewoks wouldn't pose a threat to their plans because they're teddy bear tree niggers and what the fuck could they possibly do.
>>
>>64317669

my only problem with the speeder bike sequence is that they relied too heavily on this kinda lame closeup shot that makes it really obvious that they're just sitting on little props in front of a bluescreen. not enough wind in the face, lighting isn't bright enough on the characters to convey being outdoors in broad daylight, and the same angles keep being reused over and over again. it sort of drags, I think it would have been better if they cut the sequence down and stuck with more dynamic shots rather than padding the sequence out like this.

that being said, the sound design is absolutely gorgeous 10/10 makes me jizz every time I hear the bikes rev up and roar
>>
>>64317952
>change Jabba into something better than a fucking slug thing

why would you do this? Jabba's design is amazing
>>
>>64317447
> don't intercut endor with the throne room scene

brah wut??

this is like one of the most fucking epic/balanced edits of action sequences in fantasy...

the back and forth...the highs and lows...dem john williamses...

i mean, a non cut of the throne room scene sounds like it could have been cool to but if it aint broke...
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1600x1200
>>64318063
Yeah but Natalie Portman is hot
>>
>>64318150
He's a slug, never liked it desu
>>
>>64317381
Given Han a hero's death.
>>
>>64317540
American Graffiti is great you mong
>>
>>64317381
yeah. no ewoks. no endor.

have end battle on kashyyyk with wookiees
>>
change ewoks into wookies or something idk
>>
>>64318374

fuck you, Jabba as a toad slug is brilliant
>>
these are the automatic ones:
>han solo stays dead
>boba fett doesn't get killed half an hour into the fucking movie, gets a chance to put his badassery to use
>no second death star
>no ewoks
>>
>>64319714
Stfu pleb
>>
>>64317381
>go back and redo empire to fix its problems

Seriously, a big issue with this is that Empire boxes it into a corner where you have to split the film into two acts: one where they save Han, and another where they end the Empire. The fact that Jedi is two mini movies thanks to Empire really fucks over Jedi.
>>
>>64319796
Only pleb here is you, Jabba is great.
>>
>>64319866
>fix empire's issues
Here's how.

1. Give Leia and Han something to do while Luke trains. Put them on a mission against the Empire. If you need to, you can still have Lando forced to betray them. Otherwise, you really need to punch up the escape stuff and make it more exciting, because a bulk of it is them waiting around for the Empire to leave and it's terribly boring to watch.

2. Either kill Han Solo (he dies defending his friends) or have him not get captured in the end.
>>
Make an Ewok the MC so we can have more attachment.

He is abducted by the empire and sent for stuffing however he escapes and crash lands on tatooine where we he is taken in/enslaved by Java. Luke rescues everyone and the Ewok goes with Luke. In the end they go to Endor and the Ewok's love interest has been given to Sheev. In the end when the emperor is Shocking Luke the Ewok runs into save the day, but Vader seeing the Ewok about to be killed rushes in to protect and Luke believes the entire time Vader was trying to save him.

Ewok reunites with his girlfriend just to discover that the entire planet is un-inhabitable and that they are the last of their race so they join Solo on the millennium falcon

there movie saved
>>
>>64320502
I'm not even going to bother to explain why that is terrible, I think you know why yourself
>>
It's perfect though
>>
>>64318094
>bluescreen

haha what a cuck!

it's not even a bluescreen, it's a moving image in the background you fucking cunt!
>>
Replace ewoks with Wookies
>>
>>64320681
>!

reading this makes me believe you're a kid who just discovered lepic 4channels or you're from some foreign shithole
>>
>>64320713

haha fuck you!
>>
Wookies instead of Ewoks.
>>
File: tumblr_l9e37niGh31qdlhtco1_500.jpg (17 KB, 468x315) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l9e37niGh31qdlhtco1_500.jpg
17 KB, 468x315
>>64317540
plen
>>
>>64320546
Not even him but It's literally perfect
>>
>>64317381

Remove Ewoks, substitute Wookiees.

Cut the "Weesa free!" and "Son of the Suns!" vocals from the ending celebrations.

Make an effort to make Hayden look middle aged if you absolutely HAVE to replace Sebastian Shaw.
>>
babbies first star wars opinion is that ewoks suck

yawn
>>
>>64320987
Shut up retard.
>>
>>64317381

The biggest issue with return of the Jedi is Han Solo. He has literally nothing to do, nor really does leia and their character just sort of fart around on Endor for the second half of the movie where their characters could have been played by anyone. If you can somehow figure out what to do with him and Leia you could work them into the story better and have a more satisfying 2nd & 3rd act.

Honestly RotJ has a lot of foundation issues that really held it back. Lucas had decided at this point that he wasn't going to make VII, VIII, and IX so he scrapped the idea that Luke's force-sensitive sister was hidden across the galaxy and instead shoved Leia into that role when that was never the plan. They weren't confident that they could get Harrison ford back for this 3rd movie since he wasn't contractually obligated so most drafts of the script had him dying early so there wasn't anything for him to do later. And lastly the 2nd death star was put in place instead of a confrontation on and above the Imperial home world (which wasn't coruscant since that wouldn't be created until Timothy Zhan made it up in the 90's) because it would cost more money and Empire went over-budget and Lucas was intent on keeping the film on schedule and under budget this time which ultimately made it less impressive.

You'd really have to create a totally new movie to correct these core faults. People get assblasted over ewoks because they don't know what was really holding this movie back and like blind prequel haters just latch on to the silly child-thing annoying them in frame.
>>
File: ImperialPalace-RalphMcQuarrie.jpg (732 KB, 1168x491) Image search: [Google]
ImperialPalace-RalphMcQuarrie.jpg
732 KB, 1168x491
>>64317381
Restore the "destroy the Imperial Palace" plot which they later replaced with the Death Star II plot. Replace Endor sequences with sabotage attempts being made on the Blade Runner style surface of the Imperial homeworld.
>>
>>64321234
The movies is 40 minutes of ewoks.
Stop acting like it isn't a big deal.
It's stupid. It's the same probelm with the prequels. They are stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x642
>>64318094
The problem with Jedi isn't the effects, we have much shittier effects work being done today, with CGI.

What's shittiest about Jedi is the goofball comedy routine which makes everything that happens on Endor a total embarrassment.
>>
>>64321327
Star Wars is stupid, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>64320681
>>
File: rmq-coruscant2.jpg (71 KB, 701x300) Image search: [Google]
rmq-coruscant2.jpg
71 KB, 701x300
>>64321266
Also, have Han sacrifice himself for the success of the Rebellion. It would give him a complete arc. He'd go from "I ain't it for your revolution, sweetheart" to "I'm prepared to die for your revolution, sweetheart". It'd be a more bittersweet conclusion.
>>
>>64317402
First post is correct. I would also add the scene of Luke building his lightsaber.
>>
>>64318389

Han got the death Ford always wanted for him in Awakens, I wouldn't change that for the world.
>>
>>64321675
If Ford wasn't in awakens I wouldn't have liked it.
>>
>>64317381
Leia doesn't suddenly become Luke's sister, a separate character fills that role.
>>
Luke sends a telepathic message to Leia to help the battle on Endor based on something the Emperor leaks. This would make him a mole inside the death star and justify her being his sister. Also it makes the Emperor bragging part of his downfall.

Plus Patton Oswalt 's story about failing to kill vader as part of Luke's training.
>>
File: boba-fett[1].jpg (181 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
boba-fett[1].jpg
181 KB, 1600x1200
Fix his lame ass death scene and the ewoks become wookies thing
>>
>>64321234
Fucking spot-on.
>>
File: rebel fleet.jpg (47 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
rebel fleet.jpg
47 KB, 856x480
>>64317381
DUN DUN DUNA DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUNA DUN DUN

DUN DUN DUNA DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNN

DUN DUNNNN

DUN DUNADUNNNNN

i still get goosebumps
>>
movie starts off with luke and yoda on dagobah, with luke creating his lightsaber. yoda dies etc.

no obi wan conversation.

jabba's palace remains mostly the same, except no luke and droids.

teddybears / endor is replaced with wookies / kashyyk. wookies are slaves under the empire.

han and chewie smuggle themselves in and disable the death star shield / start a rebellion.

leia is the commander of the fleet.
>>
>>64317438
This would have been badass.
>>
the plan at Jabbas Palace consists of more than each individual go to there and get captured in succession
>>
File: 1399044743578.jpg (709 KB, 1189x500) Image search: [Google]
1399044743578.jpg
709 KB, 1189x500
Split it up. Deal with the whole Han and Jabba thing and then in another movie have them deal with the Emperor and Vader. Also use some of the older concept of the battle of taking place at the capital.
>>
>>64322287

Why did the rebel fleet have all of those unarmored transport ships with them? Also how many Mon Cal cruisers were there. In some shots it looks like 2, but the Death Star blows at least 2 of them up and there are another half dozen loitering around the frame in later stages of the battle.
>>
>>64323779
they provided warp fields so that the smaller ships could go in to hyper space.

im just making this shit up
>>
Make Leia do something. She should have awakened to SOME sort of force power after the "there is another" hype. Remove endor.
>>
>>64317381
- Switch Death Star II with Imperial Palace under construction or something like that on Coruscant
- Switch Endor and Ewoks with the Wookies (I don't really care either way) and have Kashyyyk be the site of a large Imperial stronghold as well.
- Cut back and forth between Luke entering Coruscant hidden on his own, getting caught, and going to the Emperor's Throne Room with the Rebels fighting on Kashyyyk against the Empire's largest military stronghold.
- As Luke defeats Vader > Emperor electrocutes him > Vader throws him, the Rebels would blow up the military stronghold essentially destroying the Empire's shipyards, etc..
- Kashyyyk would be close to Coruscant so as Luke escapes with a dying Vader he can fly over there.
- End film essentially the same way.
>>
>>64323779
They didn't really expect much resistance at Endor.Better to just bring them than to leave them behind.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.