[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>producer of every Coens' film, Wes Andeson movies and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 19
File: scott_rudin.jpg (52 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
scott_rudin.jpg
52 KB, 390x600
>producer of every Coens' film, Wes Andeson movies and many great pieces of cinema
>one of a few EGOT winners

Is there a more patrican film producer?
>>
Larry Ellison's daughter is patrician, forgot her name
>>
I love his emails with Amy. My favourite is when he refers to the idea of two Roonies in the new GWTDT sequel as "my suicide."

I also love him absolutely destroying Fincher to Sorkin. Just trashing him. Finchfags should be on suicide watch.
>>
>>64316814
>"patriacian"
>"film"

maybe if he produced cinema we would have something to talk about.
>>
mosfilm
>>
>>64316814
>Is there a more patrican film producer?

Sarah Green, literally singlehandely keeping Malick in the game
>>
>>64316871
do you have a link to him destroying Fincher? I'd really appreciate it.

happy new years.
>>
>>64316814
jewfag
>>
Literally based. Lold when he threw a hissy fit to Tom Hooper considering the latters flick beat him at the PGA after they gave him a career achievement prize
>>
>>64316849
There's a funny email chain where Scott and Amy are trashing Megan Ellison.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/63002

Amy:
>Subject: Re: Megan E.

>Really annoying. She called me at 7am. I called Danny immediately And tried to connect them. We left messages for her everywhere. And I emailed her twice. She just broke up with her girlfriend and is quite distraught/ But I didn't want to say anything. Maybe that's why she didn't call

Scott:
>Well that's professional.

Amy:
>For a 26 year old

Scott:
>How long will she be 26? 4 or 5 more years?
>>
File: 1442199602225.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442199602225.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>64316814
How do Disneyfags AND Bluthfags AND Dreamworksfags contend with the fact that even the worst song in The Book of Mormon Joseph Smith American Moses is better than the greatest works of the Disney Renaissance and the entire DreamWorks catalog and the entire Don Bluth catalog?
>>
>>64316996
I laughed but Amy Pascal is a cunt for that
>>
>>64316918
Speaking of helping Malick, there's a great one of Michael Lynton doing Terry a favour:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/133692

>>64316937
Here's just one email Scott wrote about Finch:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/23473

On Mar 27, 2014, at 7:25 PM, Scott Rudin wrote:

Re: <no subject>
>You don’t think $40m to shoot three scenes is enough? Do YOU want every control given to him, including the entire marketing campaign? This is the director who refused to put the girl with the dragon tattoo in the ads for THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

On 3/27/14 11:19 PM, "Aaron Sorkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>You're not going to get an argument from me on that. I wrote the least expensive movie I know how to write. And while I think he can be of enormous value when it comes to marketing (the materials for TSN were fantastic), no, I'd be uncomfortable with him having control because there's always the risk that the billboards will say, "Anyone who doesn't see this movie is an asshole". But is there nothing in the middle that would make everyone happy?

Scott:
>Yes, $40m, cuts his fee (like us), goes in a pool (like us), shares the marketing (with us), behaves like a human (to us).

>>64316973
What email was that? Got a link?
>>
>>64317139
Amy's not a cunt. She's crazy and is trash deep down, but she's a nice lady.
>>
Rudin on Fincher:

>‘May be difficult’?!?! Like Hitler ‘may be anti-Semitic’!!!
>>
File: fincher4.jpg (129 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
fincher4.jpg
129 KB, 500x312
>>64317151

>I'd be uncomfortable with him having control because there's always the risk that the billboards will say, "Anyone who doesn't see this movie is an asshole"
>>
Rudin BTFO'ing Angelina Jolie is amazing.

>What the hell are you talking about? Who’s threatening you? Let me remind you I brought this material to you and I can off her from it in a phone call. Don’t for one second even think about trying this shit with me. There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing given the insanity and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me) and if you won’t tell her that you do not like the script --- which, let me remind you, SHE DOESN’T EITHER --- this will just spin even further out in Crazyland but let me tell you I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don’t. Watch how you talk to me.
>>
>>64317366
Is he IRL Ari Gold?
>>
>>64317277
>>64317192
>>64317151

what the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>64317366
Here's another good one of him and Amy trashing Angie:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/39753

So there's trying to get Angie to agree to get Ridley Scott to direct her stupid Cleopatra vanity project, and Angie says he makes movies in an assembly line manner. So Angie corresponds with Amy and Scott:

On 6/4/14 5:04 PM, "Angelina Jolie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just want to be clear that I support your instincts to reach out but I don't think we feel the same way about him. I am not sure it's a safe bet. So far I would rather wait for Marty in 2016 or find a new and interesting artist.

On Jun 4, 2014, at 2:09 PM, "Scott Rudin-Personal" <[email protected]> wrote:

Re: <no subject>

>Who are your wild cards?

On Jun 4, 2014, at 2:19 PM, "1365" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm studying a few more films to be sure. Let's talk next week. Xxx
>Sent from my iPhone

Scott:
>Perfect

Then Scott and Amy talk privately in another thread about her:

On Jun 4, 2014, at 3:20 PM, "Scott Rudin-Personal" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Beyond belief. She's studying films. Kill me please. Immediately.

On 6/4/14 6:42 PM, "Amy Pascal" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ridleys
>Or every film ever made?

Scott:
>The latter.
>>
>>64317366
Whats the context of this? I do not know who Rudin is. Or what is being talked about.
>>
File: 1.gif (484 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
484 KB, 500x249
>>64317520
>Ridleys
>Or every film ever made?
Scott:
>The latter.
>>
File: smile4you.png (128 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
smile4you.png
128 KB, 454x453
>>64316996
Top tier jew banter tbqh
>>
File: pullman.png (712 KB, 632x792) Image search: [Google]
pullman.png
712 KB, 632x792
>>64317520
>the latter

haha
>>
File: 1442955248887.jpg (13 KB, 466x447) Image search: [Google]
1442955248887.jpg
13 KB, 466x447
>>64317044
fuck this is actually funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYTpd8QOSA0
>>
>>64317408
No, Ari Emanuel is the basis for Ari Gold. Here's a funny exchange between Ari and Scott:

Ari:
>Everyone take a breath. if Amy is saying yes to 40, David should respond. Then and only then should decide what to do. And these emails do not help. T

Scott:
>Excuse me, Clarence Darrow has entered the room.

Ari:
>Thank you

Scott:
Mother Theresa is now accepting encomia...

Ari:
>Fucking funny

Sorkin:
>The four us AREN'T fighting. I did Moneyball, I know what fighting looks like.

Scott:
>moneyball are you kidding
>Ask us bout the marketing meetings on dragon tattoo

>>64317460
What's wrong with Fincher? I'll let Aaron Sorkin put it best, from the same chain as above:

>Believe me, I get that you guys have taken more crap than any accomplished adults should be asked to take. I do not know why he's like this (anymore than I know why Steve Jobs was like Steve Jobs) and I don't want this movie to be a bitter drink for the people at the top because you all have other things you can do and you'll just walk away.

Fincher is just nuts. He thinks he's Kubrick when he's really William Wyler.
>>
>>64317755
Fincher is objectively one of the most talented directors working right now. Doesn't entitle him to act like a diva tho.
>>
>>64317541
Then why are you in a thread about Scott Rudin?

The context is Amy wanted Scott to produce Angie's Cleopatra with a massive budget, no director, an unfinished 400 page script, and Scott wanted to decide on more things first.
>>
>>64317755
Fincher had way too many 15 year old boys suck his dick on IMDB forums.
>>
Aaron Sorkin on Eisenberg and TSN:

>The Social Network starred a guy most famous for being mistaken for Michael Cera.
>>
>>64317833
>>64317825
He got greedy. In the emails you see every single person involved in the movie was cutting their salary to do Fincher's Steve Jobs movie. Scott was cutting his by half, a bunch of people were cutting their pay by half, Sorkin offered to do 3 free movies for Sony if they would palliate Fincher.

>Elizabeth and I spoke with Rudin, who would like us to go now and try to get cuts lined up, rather than book Fincher's $10M v. 10%GP and have to go back later. And then Mike and I spoke and he agrees.
Scott said on the phone with Elizabeth and I that he and Mark will cut by 50% (although I'll need to confirm with Melanie and Craig to lock it down), so unless anyone objects, I'll phone Sorkin's rep tomorrow, let him know the plan, and see if Sorkin will agree to take just $2.5M out of the $5M he's guaranteed if the film is made (we've already paid $2M, fyi).

>Thanks to Scott cutting Sorkin in on some of his points, everyone will have a seat in the backend pool, which I don't think we can finalize until we know who the lead actor is, which, depending on who we're talking about, could have a significant impact on what's left for the others to divvy up.

The movie essentially broke up because Fincher wouldn't go into a "pool" with everyone else- that's when everyone agrees to defer their back end points until after the movie has finished its theatrical run, and everyone divies up the money left in the pool base don their deal below a certain ceiling. For example, Sorkin was guaranteed a cieling of $5 Million, and he was paid 2 up front. So he was owed another maximum of $3 based on back end percentages of the net profits.

So he agreed to cut it to 2.5- meaning he was only owed a new ceiling of 0.5 million. But in a pool he wouldn't get paid that, he'd be paid the proportion of .5 million to everyone else's deal. Basically everyone gets the same proportion, but nobody gets their ceiling.
>>
>>64318072
Can I intern at your entertainment law firm next summer?
>>
>>64317366
Goddamn this nigga's based
>>
>>64318210
This isn't law, this is finance.
>>
>>64318072
I also think that Fincher had such a shitty time in the past with studio interference on his early films that he swore to himself long ago to remain as independent as he could.
>>
File: white3.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
white3.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>64317366
LE WHO DO YOU LE THINK YOU ARE?

I'M LE DANGER XD
>>
File: 1450274700161.jpg (264 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450274700161.jpg
264 KB, 800x600
>>64317151
>>64317277
>>64317366
>>64317520
The bantz are real
>>
>>64318469
That I can understand. He even talks about it in some interview. ''If the the film is gonna fail, the director will get all the blame, so why not take control?'' something like that.

But demanding 45 million dollars to make Steve Jobs? I think we'll actually reach a point where nobody will be able to hire Fincher, except for maybe Disney or Lucasfilm.
>>
File: 1400693834201.jpg (30 KB, 450x240) Image search: [Google]
1400693834201.jpg
30 KB, 450x240
>>64318014
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>64318751
Sorkin is meme-conscious.
>>
File: LISTEN M8.jpg (54 KB, 637x362) Image search: [Google]
LISTEN M8.jpg
54 KB, 637x362
>>64318072
>He got greedy
I think he was highballing them on purpose because he didn't want to make the film. He already did TSN and probably didn't want to play a same tune again, because he actually has standards. so he probably knew his highballing will not be accepted. Probably thought "worst case scenario: the take my offer, i get 40mill, rush out a tv dinner tier film, and gtfo"
>>
>>64319166
This is possibly tbqhwyrnf (to be quite honest with you right now f.am(which stands for family))
>>
File: 1420816784889.png (344 KB, 691x510) Image search: [Google]
1420816784889.png
344 KB, 691x510
>>64319166
>dat shoop
>>
>>64316996
>talking shit about based Meggie
>>
>>64318603
yea that seems steep but who knows. Maybe he was just throwing out crazy high numbers to get them to settle on the actual figure he wanted.

Or he figured there's been so many other steve jobs films lately that if they wanted him the helm it, they were gonna have to pay. And Fincher was right in a sense. Steve Jobs did well with critics but like no one saw it.
>>
>>64319166
I doubt it.

This wasn't some hack project. The script was written by Sorkin and he (Fincher) was seriously thinking who to cast etc. He's always been a director for hire who tells other people's stories.
>>
>>64317755
>that Jew snark
Fucking amazing
>>
>>64319359
How's the Boyle version btw? is it shit?
>>
Kike banter is pretty fucking good tbqh
>>
>>64319453
in my top 5 of 2015, but then again I like sorkin and boyle so maybe I'm biased
>>
>>64319453
It's good, but watching it I was often thinking what could have been if Fincher had done it. It was a solid good movie that could have been great.

I wish Tom Cruise or Christian Bale had played Jobs. It would have been fantastic, because Cruise is great at playing sociopaths since he is one, and Bale is great at playing Tom Cruise (American Psycho).
>>
>>64319489
>but then again I like sorkin and boyle
That totally normal. fuck the memers
>>
>>64319601
Bale was so fucking good in The Big Short. Saved most of the film tbqh
>>
>>64319453
Haven't watched yet, but the reviews praised the script and said Boyle's direction was weak.

>>64319601
This, Fincher/Sorkin/Bale would have been amazing.
>>
>>64319601
Tom Cruise would've been a perfect Steve Jobs to be perfectly honest with you right now famigla:

>I just got off the phone with Danny who's concerned about the age but I think I got him thinking about it and he's going to look at some scenes from Lions for Lambs where Tom's basically auditioning for Jobs. He's also concerned that the choice will be met with derision because it's such a commercial choice but I honestly think that ends up working for us. Tom's going to surprise some people and they'll want to reward that. I don't think we'd have to recast Woz. Seth's the right age in the first act and Tom's the right age in the third. And the movie announces itself pretty quickly as not being literal--as being a painting rather than a photograph. Look, I wouldn't cast Clint Eastwood but if I saw Tom Cruise flying around the backstage corridors of Symphony Hall I wouldn't think he was too old. I think it would be dazzling performance.

>Does it still work with rogen as woz? Age wise?

>love love love this

>Me too, I worked with him on Magnolia, no one works harder, no one

>i think this is a fantastic idea

>Thank you Aaron!!!

>It was great seeing you both yesterday. I've gotten Scott and Danny to the point where they're now a little interested in Tom Cruise. Though both remain concerned about his age (me less so) everyone agrees that he's an actor who can really handle language (Lions for Lambs, Magnolia, A Few Good Men) and a movie star who feels comfortable owning the stage. He's in London filming right now and Scott wants to get him a script to read and a meeting with Danny before Danny comes here to LA next week. I've been warned that he likes to bring in Chris McQuarrie to re-write but Maha Dakhil (who wants him in the movie) has assured me that won't happen.
>Aaron

read in reverse order tbhfam
>>
>>64319883
It would have great. Plus, we would have seen Tom Cruise in a more serious dramatic role after all this time.
>>
>>64319453
It's good, but it had the potential to be this years TSN in the right hands
>>
>>64316814
>one of a few EGOT winners
Yeah but so is Whoopi Goldberg.
>>
I only respect people who win GOAT's - Grammys Oscars Almas Tonys
>>
Cruise played him in Tropic Thunder
>>
>>64319735
>>64319601
>>64319883

Steve Jobs' widow asked Bale, Cruise, and DiCaprio to not do the movie.
>>
>>64320402
fucking whore.
>>
>>64320402
Fucking that bitch for selling the house. Poor Lisa.

>>64320228
I thought that was more Harvey.
>>
>>64320485
His second wife did this.

>“Says another of the picture’s key players, ‘Since the very beginning, Laurene Jobs has been trying to kill this movie, OK?… Laurene Jobs called Leo DiCaprio and said, ‘Don’t do it.’ Laurene Jobs called Christian Bale and said, ‘Don’t [do it].’

>“Reps for Bale and DiCaprio were unable to verify that, and Laurene Jobs did not return calls. A Sony executive confirms, however, that: ‘She reached out; she had a strong desire not to have the movie made. But we said, “We’re going to move forward.” My understanding is, she did call one or two of the actors.’ Another source says that Laurene lobbied each major studio in an attempt to kill the project.”
>>
File: 19.png (79 KB, 1004x374) Image search: [Google]
19.png
79 KB, 1004x374
>>
>>64320707
kek
>>
File: goggleing.png (83 KB, 1557x515) Image search: [Google]
goggleing.png
83 KB, 1557x515
>>
>>64320707
Amy got Finch'd
>>
>>64317192
>>64317151
>>64317277
>>64318601
>>64316973
>The original "pillow talk"-scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused.
I love when people get FINCHED
>>
>>64320707
>Adam Driver is a terrible idea
It's funny to re-read this mail after the TFA release. Everyone should have listened to Fincher, he knew it all along.
>>
>>64320570
I didn't know that. I just googled it and found an email between Sorkin and Lisa Jobs about the script and Laurene, Job's second wife:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/112959

>I've just spoken to Aimee Wolfson, the Sony Legal Dept. lawyer who's been working with me from the beginning and she'd be more comfortable if I didn't show you the script right now. (Understand that the script is the property of the studio--if it belonged to me I'd be happy to show it to you.) I'm sure you must be anxious about what's in the screenplay--as are Woz, Joanna Hoffman, John Sculley, Andy Hertzfeld, etc.--and I'd like to ease your concerns as soon as I can.

>I believe my stepmother has a copy already -- she's the one who suggested I read it. I can have her get it to me, but it would be easier to look at it here. Is there any way, considering I can read it even so, that Aimee Wolfson can make an exception? I'm happy to keep quiet about it.
>Thank you -- and sorry to bother you about something that isn't within your control.
>All the very best,
>Lisa

>If Laurene has a copy why would Lisa need to ask us? Twice?

>Really? Rather shocked that he named me. Completely not what we discussed. And I was the one who was least in favor of the approach.

>FYI – In case ML hears about this, see below. Sorkin just invoked my name, for no goddamn reason, and actually, completely inaccurately. Been involving Michael Marshall on this the whole way. I can update you if you want more, but I just didn’t want you surprised in case this came back through other channels.

major subtle studio politics here. you can offend people accidentally and get fucked. Sorkin didn't even realize he pissed of this Aimee person here.
>>
>>64321434
Sorkin comes off as out of his depth re: studio politics and negotiating, begging for money one day, offering to work for free the next, etc. He may be off the wagon but still acts like a junkie.
>>
>>64321740
And in the case of this email he did piss off Amy, who said she waited too long for his script and that Sorkin was dicking her and Rudin around.

One day someone should write a book summarizing this one year of life at Sony, I think it'd be fascinating.
>>
>>64321837
Now imagine all the previous years...
And all the other studios...
I wish I could see all the shit that goes down with Weinstein, Ellison, etc.
>>
>>64321930
>>64321837
The few things we've seen of Marvel were fascinating.
>>
>>64321930
The thing is books about a long period of time, even just Amy Pascal's reign at Sony, would give less attention to the day to day incidents. I think one book about about year at one studio would be fascinating. I almost wish I had time to write it as an ebook, see if anyone buys it on Kindle, it could be a short book you could write in a few months. There's so much info about the drama online. I'd say the main narratives of the books would be the slowly unfolding disaster that was The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Interview, and Steve Jobs. Amy would be the central figure. All this shit is right there.
>>
>>64321974
Kevin Feige gave great notes just trashing The Amazing Spider-man 2 in one email to Sony. I think he wrote "If the point of this reboot is to cast a younger high school Spider-man why is he graduating from high school in the first scene of the second movie? We're going to have to just reboot it again."
>>
File: 1449805747160.jpg (733 KB, 1000x3894) Image search: [Google]
1449805747160.jpg
733 KB, 1000x3894
>>64322044
You should write it from Rooney's perspective. Like Rooney writing about her unrequited love for Amy in her diary and how sad she is about all the bad things that are happening to her, culminating with her getting fired and finally having the free time to go on a date with Rooney.

Except on that day she has a meeting with the studio for another position and Rooney is left alone, once again, ala TGWTDT ending.
>>
>>64322276
Rooney is a snobby, rude, standoffish dyke, it's an open secret. I'd bet money she fucked Amy.

Her entire family is misliked in Hollywood.
>>
>>64322354
Kate go to bed
>>
>>64322394
Kate doesn't know Rooney is a lesbian. Kate knows Rooney would inherit the money because her dad would disown Rooney. Rooney puts on a big act about being straight, she even has a merkin sleep with her in her bed when she's at her parent's house. Her dad is going to be pissed when he finds out.

This isn't from the Sony emails, but various blind items I read while researching the Sony emails.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.